Ready for the verdict:

That's why the media was on Trevon Martin's side. They get the black people all pumped up and then the verdict is Not Guilty and they get riots to cover. It's all about ratings. Without conflict, the media would go bankrupt, so they create their own conflict.  There is no justification for assaulting a person and George was attacked. It should never have come to trial but the media has been spinning this like a top. Twisting the facts and squeezing the emotions out of people. It makes me sick.

Edited by Will Carry
  • Like 3

Verdict Checklist:

1) All battle rifles cleaned

2) All mags loaded to capacity

3) All handguns cleaned, loaded and accessible

4) All K-Bars cleaned and strategically stationed

5) All vehicle tanks full

6) All household personnel briefed and ready

hope people can keep their good sense about them but i expect the worse no matter how this verdict goes. Be ready, be alert and be safe

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

I think I can make a prediction.

With 1.2 million carry permits, an estimated 13 million firearms in law abiding citizens hands and with a known (at least) 24.5% of Floridians owning Firearms, the damage there will be minimal.

If rioting occurs in Chicago, L.A., Oakland, New York, with a depressed Second Amendment. Its going to be a bloodbath.

Just a prediction. Based on nothing.

I think I can make a prediction.

With 1.2 million carry permits, an estimated 13 million firearms in law abiding citizens hands and with a known (at least) 24.5% of Floridians owning Firearms, the damage there will be minimal.

If rioting occurs in Chicago, L.A., Oakland, New York, with a depressed Second Amendment. Its going to be a bloodbath.

Just a prediction. Based on nothing.[/quoteJust a prediction. Based on nothing.

Agreed! And a lot of gun haters will be crying because the cops can't calm the poor destructive kids down...but don't hurt them...they are just upset. SMH!
Guest Emtdaddy1980

How much would you like to bet that the Jury is split along owns/familiar with firearms vs. firearm ignorance?

That's my current theory.

I was surprised in watching the coverage that they mentioned that it is a six member all female jury. I always thought that juries had twelve and that they strove to have a mix of demographics ie male/female and racially diverse.
Guest Lester Weevils

I was surprised in watching the coverage that they mentioned that it is a six member all female jury. I always thought that juries had twelve and that they strove to have a mix of demographics ie male/female and racially diverse.

Yep, 12 would be better.

Maybe the all woman jury is kinda like a golf handicap for the prosecution, just to make it "remotely possible" to get a guilty verdict? :)

I'm just saying that because it seems that at least half of guys could never be convinced of guilt short of a live video feed of the event, preferably filmed from multiple angles. :) If there were at least two guys on the jury they could just as well let Z go home without bothering to have the trial, because at least one of the guys would hang the verdict regardless of evidence or lack thereof.

I'd not dare bet on the outcome of their deliberations.

Guest Emtdaddy1980
I'm not sure if them deliberating for a long time is a good sign for the defense or if it means they're debating a lesser included charge.
Guest Emtdaddy1980

well if it hits stop by Red Bank i got a bushy you can borrow :D

I might take you up on that, I commute from Soddy and my station is at 4th avenue and east 23rd street. Should be an interesting neighborhood once the fires start.

Well, I doubt any rioting will come of it here, maybe in the larger cities where racial biases still exist and most people AREN'T armed to the teeth. The lamestream media keeps drawing these racial lines along with the help of people like Jesse Jackson, Jamie Foxx and so fourth. Racism needs to be where it belongs, no-@#$#ing-where.

Edited by whitewolf001
Guest Lester Weevils

I might take you up on that, I commute from Soddy and my station is at 4th avenue and east 23rd street. Should be an interesting neighborhood once the fires start.

If things get sticky, I don't envy you and good luck. Sometime back in the early 1970's chatt had a "race riot" of some kind. I looked it up a couple of years ago, but can't recall the year or cause anymore, even after looking it up to refresh my memory not long ago.

Just recall that there was a day and night curfew for a few days, and only "essential people" were allowed to be out and about. I was a young'n'dumb punk but worked at a hospital graveyard shift so was "essential personnel" allowed to drive to work and back. Nothing bad happened to me but I didn't take it very seriously at the time. In retrospect should have taken it more seriously.

Guest Emtdaddy1980

Well, I doubt any rioting will come of it here, maybe in the larger cities where racial biases still exist and most people AREN'T armed to the teeth. The lamestream media keeps drawing these racial lines along with the help of people like Jesse Jackson, Jamie Foxx and so fourth. Racism needs to be where it belongs, no-@#$#ing-where.

I hope you're right about it not coming here, but I'm keeping my head on a swivel non the less.
Guest TankerHC

A 12 member jury is required for Capital cases. 6 for all other criminal cases. (in Florida). The 6th Amendment says nothing about Jury size. A case went to the Supreme Court (From Florida) about the requirement for a 12 man Jury. They upheld the 6 person jury verdict, because the 6th Amendment doesnt say anything about Jury size.

"Historically, the U.S. Supreme Court has taken the position that a criminal jury should be made up of 12 members, but in 1970, the Court reconsidered its position and upheld a conviction by a six-member Florida jury, noting that the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says nothing at all about jury size.

The Sixth Amendment guarantees citizens a right to a trial by an impartial jury of peers, but it doesn’t designate how many peers should be on the jury.

Ultimately, the court concluded that a six-person jury satisfies the Sixth Amendment jury requirement and the 14th Amendment right to due process, but that a jury shouldn’t be any smaller than that. The court also said that any verdict by a jury of six people must be unanimous in criminal cases".

I suppose by that logic, under the 6th Amendment you could have a Jury of 1, or a Jury of 100. (And still not be in violation of the 6th)

Guest Emtdaddy1980
I guess this makes sense in Florida where you might have a hard time rounding up 12 people with verifiable citizenship.

Yeah that's right........ I made a Hispanic joke in a thread about the Zimmerman trial. That proves I'm not racist. Edited by Emtdaddy1980
Guest TankerHC

Well, I doubt any rioting will come of it here, maybe in the larger cities where racial biases still exist and most people AREN'T armed to the teeth. The lamestream media keeps drawing these racial lines along with the help of people like Jesse Jackson, Jamie Foxx and so fourth. Racism needs to be where it belongs, no-@#$#ing-where.

Here is who will be causing the problems. The same ones who tried to intimidate people at polling locations and were not even investigated by Holder, even though it was witnessed and reported live on TV.

If violence is what they are looking for (They wont say one way or the other), a dollar to a donut says it wont be where the verdict is read. They are too cowardly. They know there will be people who will oblige,

Not to keep harping about Florida, but this is as much a 2A case as is it a Murder Trial. If they do end up destroying parts of Florida and people get shot by criminals, because that of course is what they will be, what does that say for "The only person who can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" in the only state in the Union with more than a million Concealed Carriers?

If it turns out as I suspect it will "An armed society is a polite society and a disarmed society are victims" will apply.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/06/17/new-black-panther-party-we-will-not-sit-back-passively-like-jews-and-go-to-the-gas-chambers/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/12/new-black-panther-party-tweets-about-street-maneuvers-surrounding-zimmerman-verdict-high-chance-of-rebellion-if-acquitted/

Edited by TankerHC
You buncha paranoid nuts, I don't have EVERY magazine I own loaded....

Only because I forgot where I stashed a couple ;)
Seriously though, I hope and pray nothing comes of it, I've gotta go to Walmart of all places tonight. If anyone else is in the Columbia/Spring Hill area, well I see no time better for us to have a gathering than the night that the verdict comes back :) Edited by KKing
  • Like 2