#Block4Trayvon - Friday, July 26

Be upset. Glare at them, call the police on them. Have the police Arrest them for violating the various pedestrian and vehicular laws that we have, but do not call them, or treat them like terrorists. Israel has to deal with terrorists. What we have is simple civil unrest. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think agreeing to disagree is best. You can call the police, tell them do arrest the 100's of people in the mob (not domestic terrorists), and when the police don't/can't and the mob starts turning violent, you can look for someone like me that will be prepared to lay down a path for ALL of us victims to pass through, once i have insured my family is safe. Including people I completely disagree with or feel like say things just to stir the pot...
  • Like 1
:-). Now, you mention the mob turning violent, that is a different story. But yes, I think we will have to agree to disagree. I have no problem calling them rioters, but I cannot justifiably call them terrorists unless they start committing atrocities against the innocent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Just doing a quick Google search on Block4Trayvon, Twitter shows a lot of people really wanting to up the effect over the ones last week. Hope y'all are safe and I know you'll stay aware. I'm just worried about my family, friends, and people who don't take this seriously.
  • Like 1

Yea, probably would complain about whatever color paint you choose

Use pink and say it's for Breast Cancer Awareness..  They won't dare complain.

I'm disappointed but not surprised that our president didn't end this mess when he gave his speech about the trial - a few words added about everyone acknowledging the verdict and moving on would have made that a decent speech.

Edited by JPS

:-). Now, you mention the mob turning violent, that is a different story. But yes, I think we will have to agree to disagree. I have no problem calling them rioters, but I cannot justifiably call them terrorists unless they start committing atrocities against the innocent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But once you are trapped between vehicles and have no way out, if the crowd turns violent it is to late. The cops aren't going to do anything to stop the gathering as it would be a violation of some jerks civil liberties or something. Me and my family should not be put into a situation where we are now at the mercy of a people who may suddenly turn violent, and there is that faction in everyone of these crowds. just ask the trucker who got stopped in California after the Rodney king ordeal. I am sure he felt for the poor demonstrating people as they dragged him out of his truck and beat the crap out of him. My family SHOULD NOT have to be put into that situation because a bunch of bleeding heart idiots want to cause trouble.

Pepperballs and CS balls would be my first choice but then again a lot of these animals have become immune to pepper spray and CS from their time in jail.

Why does our civil war cannons loaded with tennis balls keep popping into my head?

DaveS

• Like 1

Pepperballs and CS balls would be my first choice but then again a lot of these animals have become immune to pepper spray and CS from their time in jail.

Why does our civil war cannons loaded with tennis balls keep popping into my head?

DaveS

Job applications?

I didn't even hear about anything going down in Oakland if that tells you anything.

.... in cities that matter?

I think, deep down, even the lynch Zimmerman crowd believe this is all BS. The only ones trying to keep this going are anarchists and folks that benefit from the diversion. Since it has lost all its steam, I'd say this is over. On to the next high profile case. Maybe we can talk about that awful POS waste of oxygen who murdered her twins as they were born only to have the death penalty taken off the table at the outset?
  • Moderators

I think, deep down, even the lynch Zimmerman crowd believe this is all BS. The only ones trying to keep this going are anarchists and folks that benefit from the diversion. Since it has lost all its steam, I'd say this is over. On to the next high profile case. Maybe we can talk about that awful POS waste of oxygen who murdered her twins as they were born only to have the death penalty taken off the table at the outset?

You have mentioned anarchists a couple of times;, in what context are you using that term? The reason why I ask is that after the initial outset of the occupy movement I haven't seen much, if any, anarchist involvement because the Occupy folks are decidedly anti capitalist and seek more government intervention, not less. The vast majority of the anarchists I know are of the AnCap variety and though they may see the government/business collusion of corporatism as a major problem, they don't view more government regulation as the appropriate solution.

You have mentioned anarchists a couple of times;, in what context are you using that term? The reason why I ask is that after the initial outset of the occupy movement I haven't seen much, if any, anarchist involvement because the Occupy folks are decidedly anti capitalist and seek more government intervention, not less. The vast majority of the anarchists I know are of the AnCap variety and though they may see the government/business collusion of corporatism as a major problem, they don't view more government regulation as the appropriate solution.

That's just it, the anarchists I'm referring to don't give two craps about justice or government intervention; they are just looking for an excuse to burn stuff, thumb their nose at authority and interrupt civilized society.

It doesn't have to be about Trayvon. They just need a reason to latch on to so they can exploit it. The Trayvon thing is nothing more than a national "flash mob" like we see at Walmarts and convenience stores. This people may not describe themselves as "anarchists" or do they pick up the latest copy of Anarchist Monthly, but they are anarchists nonetheless. The ultimate hypocrisy as they survive on government handouts and loot pillaged from the civilized earners.

If they cared about justice they'd be protesting at government buildings and things like that. Blocking the interstate, burning cars, looting stores.... that's all opportunistic anarchists.
  • Moderators
Then you are using the term incorrectly. I don't know what to call those you describe, but they are not anarchists anymore than Bradley Manning is a soldier. Anarchy does not equal chaos anymore than combat equals murder. Agents of chaos may sometimes fly the banner of anarchy when convenient, but they will also fly the flag of Democrat or Republican or whatever will help them sow e discord they seek.

Then you are using the term incorrectly. I don't know what to call those you describe, but they are not anarchists anymore than Bradley Manning is a soldier. Anarchy does not equal chaos anymore than combat equals murder. Agents of chaos may sometimes fly the banner of anarchy when convenient, but they will also fly the flag of Democrat or Republican or whatever will help them sow e discord they seek.

Either I'm using it incorrectly or we have different definitions of the word. When I call someone an anarchist I'm referring to one who does not want any type of government or authority. Anarchy is the lack of any government control (or whatever you can come up with that would be synonymous with government). I realize that there are some anarchists out there who believe in some BS utopia that could exist in the absence of government, but the truth is anywhere there is anarchy there is unbridled violence. I've seen it once. Anyone else who has seen it knows. That's the category I put people who seek anarchy so they can exploit it. Anarchist.

Either I'm using it incorrectly or we have different definitions of the word. When I call someone an anarchist I'm referring to one who does not want any type of government or authority. Anarchy is the lack of any government control (or whatever you can come up with that would be synonymous with government). I realize that there are some anarchists out there who believe in some BS utopia that could exist in the absence of government, but the truth is anywhere there is anarchy there is unbridled violence. I've seen it once. Anyone else who has seen it knows. That's the category I put people who seek anarchy so they can exploit it. Anarchist.

But... they had a big old gulp from the gov'ment tit before they headed out, and will go right back to that same tit as soon as they get their new TV. I say we call 'em Obamarchists.

I say we call 'em Obamarchists.

Well that may be a little en vougue considering these types have been around when Obama was still eating do--- ...... er, culturally immersing himself. 

• Moderators

If anarchy leads to unbridled violence, then what would you call 2 decade long wars, SWAT teams kicking down doors tens of thousands of times a year and inner cities full of feral youth subsidized by the dole and a black market created by drug prohibition?

Government IS violence.

If anarchy leads to unbridled violence, then what would you call 2 decade long wars, SWAT teams kicking down doors tens of thousands of times a year and inner cities full of feral youth subsidized by the dole and a black market created by drug prohibition?

Government IS violence.

When you see true anarchy you'll know what I'm talking about.
  • Moderators

When you see true anarchy you'll know what I'm talking about.

Once again, anarchy does not equal chaos. Just because you've seen chaos and anarchy together and then just called it anarchy, doesn't mean you used word correctly. The colloquial usage of the word implies chaos, but that isn't what the word actually means. Anarchy is simply the lack of government.

As you have likely surmised already, I am philosophically an anarchist. However, I do have a strong pragmatic streak (believe it or not) and in practice lean more towards the minarchist to libertarian end of things.

Once again, anarchy does not equal chaos. Just because you've seen chaos and anarchy together and then just called it anarchy, doesn't mean you used word correctly. The colloquial usage of the word implies chaos, but that isn't what the word actually means. Anarchy is simply the lack of government.

Still seems to fit to call these people anarchists. Perhaps their motives for wanting no government control are different from yours, but their desire for the lack of control is the same. Just because they want it for the purpose of burning cop cars and stealing televisions doesn't mean anarchy is not their goal; chaos is simply their motive. So, they are anarchists, just not your brand of it.

There is no place in modern history that anarchy has not devolved into total chaos. It creates a combination of a power vacuum that WILL be exploited and a consequence free environment for the underbelly of human nature to thrive in. It will always result in the meek being robbed, raped and murdered by the mob in numbers you can't imagine followed by a totalitarian regime or warlord who will fill the vacuum of power, then adopt a "join or die" policy. This has played out on the continent of Africa hundreds of times in recent history. It played out on the streets of Baghdad for days after the Ba'ath party skipped town. It happened in places like Tampa and LA when police chose to seal off an area rather than actively engage the anarchists who were robbing, raping and murdering. It happens in places like Somalia and Sudan several times in a decade. Anarchy doesn't imply chaos, it is the mother of chaos. Edited by TMF