HOODIE TO SMITHSONIAN??

It should just languish in an evidence property room for a few decades gathering dust until some intern 50 years from now finds it in a stack of stuff that no one alive remembers...I can almost see the intern now, opening up the bag it's in, looking at the name on the bad and wondering aloud...

"Trayvon Martin?  Who the hell was Trayvon Martin and why do we have his skanky hoodie?"

Unless the Smithsonian is putting together an exhibit of "this is what happens when you act like a "gansta" I can't see how it deserves to be "preserved" for posterity.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 3
Me and my old boss used to say we were born 150-200 years too late and we shoulda been mountain men or frontiersmen. I am reminded of this every day now it seems.

Sure is a lot of stupid shit now and getting worse by the day.
  • Like 2

Welp, maybe it's time to push for defunding the Smithsonian Institute as well as any & all other government operated &/or sponsered agencies which engage in political propaganda using our tax dollars.

I think that's a bit unfair or at least, premature.

Overall, the Smithsonian is one of the greatest institutions in the world and while it gets what to us is a lot of money from the government to operate, it has it's own endowment and a lot of private contributors.  The institution has made some PC mistakes over the years but what organization hasn't?

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm wiling to wait to see what they actually do with this thing (if they get it) before I'm going to throw the entire Smithsonian under the bus. 

Guest TankerHC

It will probably go in The Nations Attic, a display of American Culture. Along with Evel Knievels bikes (And rocket bike), Fonzie's Jacket and Archie and Edith's chairs along with Rienzi. Been to Smithsonian a thousand times, only place they could put it. Thing is the Smithsonian has thousands of HISTORICALLY IMPORTANT items in storage because they cant display at all or have to rotate because of room, why put this BS in OUR Museum. I know why, to appease the race baiting SOB's like Sharpton.

Smithsonian, one of the greatest museums on the face of the Globe. Taken down a few notches. If they put this in there, Ill still go to the other museums, but will not set foot (ever again) in the Museum Of American History. Not going to walk past a criminal gangbanger wannabe's hoodie to see the Star Spangled banner.

A disgrace.

It will probably go in The Nations Attic, a display of American Culture. Along with Evel Knievels bikes (And rocket bike), Fonzie's Jacket and Archie and Edith's chairs along with Rienzi. Been to Smithsonian a thousand times, only place they could put it. Thing is the Smithsonian has thousands of HISTORICALLY IMPORTANT items in storage because they cant display at all or have to rotate because of room, why put this BS in OUR Museum. I know why, to appease the race baiting SOB's like Sharpton.

Smithsonian, one of the greatest museums on the face of the Globe. Taken down a few notches. If they put this in there, Ill still go to the other museums, but will not set foot (ever again) in the Museum Of American History. Not going to walk past a criminal gangbanger wannabe's hoodie to see the Star Spangled banner.

A disgrace.

If they get it it's actually supposed to go into an as yet unbuilt facility dedicated to African-Americans but who knows...they have to get it first. It might well just go into storage as something they feel is worth keeping preserved.

You know, I always wanted to go to the Smithsonian, but I don't believe this has a place there.

They are going to keep building Martin up until they have him walking on water.

Edited by vontar
Guest Emtdaddy1980

Next up is the 5x life-size Trayvon Martin statue in downtown Sanford.

Spending eternity covered in pigeon $%&* may be poetically fitting.

Guys, if you care about our nation's history you are only doing a disservice to yourself to avoid the Smithsonian.  I've been to most of the great museums in the world and there simply is nothing else like it anywhere.  You could spend days just in the Museum of American History alone not to mention the two Air and Space Museums, and the Museum of Natural History.  Combine that with the National Archives and the Library of Congress and a person could spend his/her life just exploring those places and never be exposed to it all.

I'm not discounting all the other places in the country of historical significance but honestly, if our history is important to you; go to DC and at least take in the Museum of American History.

• Like 2
You've got to be fucking kidding me. The thing stinks already because the moron evidence tech left the wet thing in a plastic bag and it collected mold. I say take it to CDC and treat it like a fucking virus or new strain of plague. WTF is this country coming to....just when we thought polio and malaria were gone Edited by Dustbuster