Mystery Priest Appears, Helps, Calms, then Disappears

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Guest AmericanWorkMule

It seems miracles can still happen.

A traffic accident and subsequent rescue mission in Missouri is getting international attention this week, not because the emergency crew was successful in saving a woman's life -- but because a mysterious priest allegedly appeared seemingly out of nowhere to calmly offer a prayer.  And then he disappeared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVpmePrs5TY

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/07/angel-crash-missouri/2630227/

I saw this yesterday and if this is true this is pretty incredible.

Too many people seen the same thing for it to be a story, and if it was just a random stranger I hope he stays quite and doesn't come forward - it will give the people involved something to believe in.

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

If you believe in miracles here is one that happened to my family long ago.

My mothers uncles, on both her mother and fathers side are all WWII vets. One of her uncles was fighting in the Po Valley. His unit had to ford a river (Infantry) and he claimed that when he got to the middle he hit a hole and went straight to the bottom because of all of his gear. Couldnt get up and was drowning. Said that he thought to himself "God let me get out of this and Ill dedicate the rest of my life to you"

Claims the water lowered and he walked right out,

He retired as an Episcopalian Archbishop in 1979.

Edited by TankerHC
Guest travr6

Miracle?  Wouldn't a miracle had been for her to have been thrown out of the car and then float in the air for a while?

Or maybe not let her get in a wreck in the first place?

Funny how miracles are never caught on camera.  Just like Big foot.

No such thing as miracles.

Edited by travr6

Miracle? Wouldn't a miracle had been for her to have been thrown out of the car and then float in the air for a while?

Funny how miracles are never caught on camera. Just like Big foot.

Thats your opinion. Ive had my butt saved from stuff it shouldn't have made it through enough times to believe that miracles can and do happen. Its rare to see a self defense shooting on tape, so I guess those never happen either huh? No point in carrying a gun I guess. I wouldn't get into a relegious argument, but I will say that I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe she got thrown from that car to save a childs life down the road where she would have been driving. Or maybe she was pregnant ornwoukd have been with the next Hitler or Obama. I love people who believe they have everything in complete control and know why itnall works the way it does.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.
Edited by Spots
  • Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Thats your opinion. Ive had my butt saved from stuff it shouldn't have made it through enough times to believe that miracles can and do happen. Its rare to see a self defense shooting on tape, so I guess those never happen either huh? No point in carrying a gun I guess. I wouldn't get into a relegious argument, but I will say that I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe she got thrown from that car to save a childs life down the road where she would have been driving. Or maybe she was pregnant ornwoukd have been with the next Hitler or Obama. I love people who believe they have everything in complete control and know why itnall works the way it does.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Im in and out on this one. Sometimes you have to wonder for example "How did the priest even know their equipment was not working, and how did their equipment start working (That was not working) after the priest told them "Your tools will now work"?

I like to go where Science goes. but there are just some things that Science is never going to explain. Coincidence maybe. But it was no coincidence that this man(?) appeared within an area completely cordoned off, said what he said, did what he did and just walked away.

Possible there is a church in the cordoned off area, if so they should have no problem finding him.

Guest AmericanWorkMule

NSFW

Jules: Hey, Vincent, don't you see? That s#!t don't matter. You're judging this s#!t the wrong way. I mean, it could be that God stopped the bullets, or He changed Coke to Pepsi, He found my f-ing car keys. You don't judge s#!t like this based on merit. Now, whether or not what we experienced was an "according to Hoyle" miracle is insignificant.
What is significant is that I felt the touch of God. God got involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UMc2WyLrj0

Guest AmericanWorkMule

my Great Granny would've called the Priest a Shape Shifter

Im in and out on this one. Sometimes you have to wonder for example "How did the priest even know their equipment was not working, and how did their equipment start working (That was not working) after the priest told them "Your tools will now work"?

I like to go where Science goes. but there are just some things that Science is never going to explain. Coincidence maybe. But it was no coincidence that this man(?) appeared within an area completely cordoned off, said what he said, did what he did and just walked away.

Possible there is a church in the cordoned off area, if so they should have no problem finding him.

Tanker Hc,

I agree, I've had my butt pulled out of the proverible fire so many times I just thank GOd and keep right on trying to live for HIM.

Now, I'm a big fella (if you've met me you know), well I was in an attic in a customers garage and dropped my big maglight flashlight (led's had not been invented for us poor folk at the time).

When I reached for the flashlight I fell.

24" centers so it was big enough for me to go all the way.

but I stopped, when I quit falling I looked around and grabbed a rafter and pulled myself back up.

Then I figured ok, I need to see what I broke on the way down so I can get a contractor to fix it. So I pulled all the insulation from between the rafter and the only thing in the hole was 1 piece of romex that was nailed up tight to one side of the rafter, nothing else. Not beleiving my luck I climbed down back through the attic hole onlt to be greeted by my wife that wanted to know how I kept from falling into the lawn areatior  (big round thing with very sharp spikes sticking all around it).

God saved my life that day and has done so many times before and since. To this day just telling this story makes me get chills over what might have happened.

Also I was in an attic and it was raining outside so I had left my shoes in the carport (forgot to grab them before going into attic), well I slipped and fell, but at the same time I heard or felt someone say SIT, so I did and i landed on a rafter with just my feet hanging over the customers easy chair. I carried a bruse across the back of my legs for a month after that.

Miracle?  Wouldn't a miracle had been for her to have been thrown out of the car and then float in the air for a while?

You are welcome to your opinion.

My opinion is that your opinion is pretty sad.

Miracles happen every day; very few people ever realize or notice them.

• Like 3
Guest TankerHC

Reading up further, either the 30+ people on the scene were lying or something pretty strange went down.

The Church is not investigating (There was a Church in the area) to protect the Privacy of the Priest (They dont say if they know who it is or not, I suspect they do). The on site first responders equipment never started working, other equipment arrived on the scene. I dont think the Catholic Church would not investigate if they didnt already know the answer.

The equipment is explained, if first responders need something they are going to call for it.

Now exactly how is it they have 80 pictures of the accident scene, including when he was at the vehicle, and he doesnt show up in any of them?

When I went over a cliff in '11, there was an off-duty paramedic on his bike 30 seconds behind that seen me crash.  He stopped and was sort of the first one on the scene, except for some random dude that flipped the 300 pound motorcycle off of me himself before the paramedic could get down the rocks 60 feet or so to me.  When he got to the bottom the first thing he asked was where that guy went to.  He was just gone, still to this day have no idea how anyone could've scaled down that cliff to me that fast.

So, between wrecking right in front of a paramedic, that dude that got the bike off me and living through it... I have to say with all respect, you're completely wrong on this one.  Reason I don't speak of that part of my wreck very often is because I'm not a terribly religious person, and I'm still to this day trying to put some logical explanation on the situation but I just can't.

20120310162435!Watch-out-we-got-a-badass

• Like 2

That is a wonderful story.  Over the years my faith has led me to believe that God is not a micromanager.  However, I do believe there are times when we do receive divine intervention.  We might not realize it at the time, but afterwards when we sit back and ponder the incident, it is a humbling and awesome experience.

• Like 3
I remember there were two 17 year old boys driving in a car and they got into an accident. One boy went through the windshield of the car and landed on the hood of the other car. The other 17 year old the driver hit the steering wheel with his face. In the other car the driver went to the hospital in the ICU and the other person in the car died at the seen. The 17 year old driver got three stitches in the lip and served in the army during the vietnam war. The other 17 year old boy that went through the windshield just had a couple of cuts and scrapes. They hit the car going 55 miles an hour. The boy that went through the windshield believed that God protected him because he should have died. Yes I believe in miracles because I was the boy that went through the windshield and will be celebrating my 58 birthday next month, GOD willing

My take is the "person" was an angel and their equipment didn't start working the unit that arrived had a more powerful jaws of life and it made it through the car.

My miracle story isn't as drastic as others, but it's still miraculous to me. I had an '04 Dodge Ram. I came out of a tunnel where it had been raining a lot. Tthey had started doing road work so there were concrete barriers on the right and a concrete median on the left. My wife's cousin and I were talking about religion about 10 minutes prior. We hit a standing pool and hydro planed into concrete wall on the right at about 55 mph. The whole truck shot over and I remember seeing the wall we hit out of our front windsheild, not a glancing blow on the lower part of the brick, but at around 45*. The front of the truck hit first and then the back smashed into it hard enough to throw my wife who was laying down in the back against the back door up right. I then had to wrestle it to keep it from pin balling back and forth between the barriers. My little girl never woke up. I pulled over to survey the damage.... None. There was a nick the size of a nickel that may have come from it. We just said it was there to remind us it wasn't a dream.

Can't explain it.
  • Like 1
Guest TankerHC

They identified the Priest. He is a Catholic Priest who oversees a Prison Ministry and a local Church. He was passing through on the way to a meeting. He identified himself by making a post on a religious website.