CCW, Need to use the same gun?

Guest The Itis

And then the prosecuting attorney says, "So, then, you 'need' all of that training because police have extensive training?  But you are not a police officer, are you?  No, you are a private citizen.  So, sir, do you fancy yourself some sort of 'independent law enforcement'?  Is that why you need all that training?  Hmmm...isn't there another name for such an 'independent law enforcement'?  Isn't that name, 'vigilante'?"

I'm not trying to be a jerk or go tit for tat but isn't the belief that such an argument will be used just as reasonable?

Of course, as you said, it sounds like this is all pretty much just a mental exercise as the make/model of the gun is no longer recorded and I have already taken the class and qualified with the 22A.

They COULD argue you are the devil incarnate and provide a priest  as their expert witness......but they PROBABLY won't......anyone can argue anything. But I have yet to see a case where someone's skill at arms or their training got them convicted.  "After all Mr Prosecutor, are we not MANDATED by the STATE to receive training to get a permit? Isn't it true that the state will not issue a permit to someone who refuses to take the training class? So then the state is ENDORSING getting properly trained?  Is it not then the conscientious thing to do if we are going to be armed to be as well qualified as we can be?" You cannot prevent every argument, but you can prepare yourself for them well in advance.  

And if you are smart all that info about your training will get in without YOU having to be subjected to cross examination. Look at the Zimmerman case...he never HAD to answer any cross examination questions. That is what GOOD lawyers do..... 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke

Well if you are limited (I know your not) to the weapon you qualified with I am in the clear to carry 3 different pistols. I had one new pistol I wanted to shoot, another that I love to shoot and yet one more that I had a load worked up for that I wanted to try out. It was late afternoon so I knew I wouldn't have any range time afterwards so I asked the instructor if he would mind if I switched up. He told me If I could keep 6rds inside the X rings at 15yds that he didn't care what I shot so that I did. 

The instructor also had a great many "loaner pistols", some were very cheap and most hadn't seen any oil in a very long time so every time one would jam up he just handed off another pistol to whomever had the issue. 

I left thinking that if an instructor is going to have pistols to loan out to students then they should be of good quality and condition. I felt a bit unsafe at times due to men and women that had never shot a firearm in their life before that day were now standing shoulder to shoulder with others, turning the gun back and forth trying to figure out how to drop the mag and/or manipulate the slide.. I just kept telling myself that, the more gun owners there are, the stronger we will be.

I have held a HCP for many years and as my gun collection expanded so did my carry options. The most important thing to ME is that no matter what my choice in a carry weapon is, I am able to SAFELY fire that weapon without hitting anything I'm not aiming at. If it's a 1911, a 22 or a 380, IMO responsible HCP holders are confident they can shoot their choice of defensive weapons safely and without causing damage or harm to innocent people or surroundings. Practice shooting with what you carry and carry what you practice with.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

I have held a HCP for many years and as my gun collection expanded so did my carry options. The most important thing to ME is that no matter what my choice in a carry weapon is, I am able to SAFELY fire that weapon without hitting anything I'm not aiming at. If it's a 1911, a 22 or a 380, IMO responsible HCP holders are confident they can shoot their choice of defensive weapons safely and without causing damage or harm to innocent people or surroundings. Practice shooting with what you carry and carry what you practice with.

Good post

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.