Murfreesboro Gun Show this weekend

RK SHows will be in M'boro this weekend, Sep. 7 & 8. Adm $10, free parking, tho

sometimes scarce. Should be a good show, usually one of the best in the area.

1209 Park Ave.

Gotta try to make this one. Wasn't able to make the H'ville show.

• Like 1

Sent my last two big bags of beef jerky to my brother over in Afghanistan so I need to restock - hope to make it out on Saturday.

Tell your Bro, thanks for his service, from an ole Army grunt(Nam).

Gun shows are the beef jerky capitol of the world BTW, LOL

Will David or someone be there with reloading supplies? If so how does the stock look, I'm needing some common powders and stuff.
Had plans to travel to Nashville and get stuff but the Borough is about the same distance away.

The plan is I'll be there. Should have plenty of stuff. What in particular are you looking for?

Does anyone have CFE223? I haven't seen the first jug of it, yet. I think David had one, once, but I never saw it.

Should have some Varget left, several 4350's in IMR, maybe Hodgdon and do have the Accurate. 55 and 62 gr.

.224 bullets we have. I believe some 77 gr, also.

Anyone else go? Just got back. It was a good show as usual. Packed as usual as well. AR's still dropping although some refuse to drop their prices, ammo the same way. Picked up some Magtec .308 for $35 for box of 50, some Xtac 5.56 for $10/box of 20 and a couple windowed Pmags for $15 each, no tax. Also picked up a chamber brush for the AR15 and some other cleaning supplies and grabbed a roll of big targets.
My friend was 1/2 inch from walking out with M&P15 Magpul edition. $1089 is a good price for that I thought, especially considering what they were.
I just got home from it.Lots of overpriced 22lr and rifles, but also a few good prices. Not a huge selection of reloading stuff but was a few booths.

Best deal I found (for me) - new Sierra reloading manual for $25. I had been meaning to buy it for a while but hadn't gotten around to it. Edited by jonathon1289
  • Like 1
I've never been to a gun show where the products weren't overpriced when compared to Walmart or the other low cost online / bulk retailers. Once in a while you get lucky with a clearance deal or private seller moving something cheap but the vast majority of dealers are small volume shops, so their costs are higher than Walmart, Buds Gunshop, etc... and then you have to add on the costs of their working the show (gas, vendor table fees, food/drinks, staff for the booth, Internet, electricity, etc.) and they have no choice but to raise prices to make anything at all. I've staffed the booths at a number of shows for dealer friends and there were many shows where their net profits didn't exceed $100 for the entire show after expenses, so they basically did all that work for nothing.

So you shouldn't go to a gunshow to save money, although that does happen once in a while. The main benefits of a gunshow are the large variety of stuff in stock for instant purchase, ability to see and handle before you buy, ability to find rare parts or items (especially those normally too expensive to ship in small quantities), and ability to sell or trade your items when you are short on cash.

I don't blame the guys with higher prices at the show, but I rarely buy from them as I am willing to shop around and wait for the lowest prices. No small dealer or private seller is going to start selling ammo cheaper until the shelves are full at Walmart and other major retailers, so the $20 bricks of .22 LR are months away yet, if not gone forever.

Sorry, I ended up in Jackson, MS, this weekend

Does this mean there is no one from David's camp at the Boro show? I need to grab a thing or two but don't want to pay admission only to get inside and find out that I have to drive all the way to his house this week anyways..