Ok, need help with something??

I have been looking for a good quality leather vertical drop Shoulder holster with the x support straps across the back to make it a secure fit. Anyone have any ideas where something like that may be found and not break the bank in the process? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been looking for a good quality leather vertical drop Shoulder holster with the x support straps across the back to make it a secure fit. Anyone have any ideas where something like that may be found and not break the bank in the process? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

These 2 things do not always go in the same statement. :cool:

For starts Arms list, auction sights.

Not vertical. The VHS model is, though.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=3327&CatalogID=2

- OS

Gosh that is very close to what I am looking for and if it had the strap from holster to belt it would be perfect. They are proud of them but I guess when what your looking for  hens teeth your going to pay the price huh!!!! It comes in 52 inch chest. My life vest for my bass boat is also a 52 inch chest and it fits a little snug.......... :shrug: Sure hate to pay over 200.00 bucks and it not fit. Oh well, it's a start anyway and if it's a little tight I might be able to stretch in by wetting it and pulling it between to pipes and letting it dry. Done that with leather belts in the past to stretch them to fit better. Not giving up looking for what I really want. I already bought a Horizontal and wore it a few times but it really bothers me knowing my gun is always pointed right at anyone standing behind me. Might be alright if I wanted to shoot the person behind me but I don't that would ever happen. 

Gosh that is very close to what I am looking for and if it had the strap from holster to belt it would be perfect. ...

They're sold separately:

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp?ProductID=3882&CatalogID=453

You can get Galco stuff a good bit cheaper than from Galco itself, like most products.

SG has some other cheaper leather vertical options, most don't have weak side ammo carriers however:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/search/eSearch.aspx?SearchTerms=leather%20shoulder%20holster&eMode=

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

My bad, didn't see that first time I read it.

My bad, didn't see that first time I read it.

Not a problem BK. I have a vertical that I can use but it bothers me to have my gun pointing at who ever is standing behind me like in a line in a store at checkout.

Not a problem BK. I have a vertical that I can use but it bothers me to have my gun pointing at who ever is standing behind me like in a line in a store at checkout.

If you'll quit "shouting" in every post, I'll send you a quarter toward the holster. ;)

- OS

If you'll quit "shouting" in every post, I'll send you a quarter toward the holster. ;)

- OS

Gosh I did'nt know that up sizing my type so I could see it was yelling. I'm sorry if I have offended folks but my eyes are not all that good and I just need to see what I am typing or I promise you my typing would look more like Russian spelling. I struggle reading other folks posts here but I just take my time when reading.

Edited by bersaguy

You can change the zoom level of the page if you are having trouble reading it. Like if you use internet explorer, you'd go to View and set the zoom level. Default is 100%, might bump it to 150%, though it may make some websites look funky.Also could just change your resolution, and actually that'd be the best route prolly.

Edited by Metalhead

You can change the zoom level of the page if you are having trouble reading it. Like if you use internet explorer, you'd go to View and set the zoom level. Default is 100%, might bump it to 150%, though it may make some websites look funky.Also could just change your resolution, and actually that'd be the best route prolly.

Seems would be helpful to see everyone's words bigger, not just your own, if that's a difficulty.

CTRL+ +, CTRL+- is quick on the fly way,  works in Firefox, IE, and Chrome.  CTRL+0 to reset to normal.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Seems would be helpful to see everyone's words bigger, not just your own, if that's a difficulty.

CTRL+ +, CTRL+- is quick on the fly way,  works in Firefox, IE, and Chrome.  CTRL+0 to reset to normal.

- OS

Ok since I computer illiterate for the most part most of what both of you just suggested might seem easy but not for an old dummy like me. How about if I stay with this size print and just make it  like this. It is same size just in bold. Is this yelling also?

Ok since I computer illiterate for the most part most of what both of you just suggested might seem easy but not for an old dummy like me. How about if I stay with this size print and just make it  like this. It is same size just in bold. Is this yelling also?

But then you can't bold anything for emphasis.

Seriously, try:

hold down the CONTROL key and press + key at same time, whole screen gets larger each time you press +

Hold down CONTROL key and press - key and it gets smaller each time you press -

Hold down CONTROL key and then 0 (zero) and it resets to default normal size.

Same thing as going with mouse to top menu at View/Zoom, but much quicker.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Ok that seems to work. Just have to make sure I remember to put it back t normal before hitting post.

:) :)

Sorry, was laughing. It won't affect the actual font size, just the zoom level you are seeing.

Are you using Firefox? If so, also try the "zoom text only" up in main menu.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

+1 for Simply Rugged. I got 1 of their silver dollar pancake holsters for my sp101 2 years ago. I thought that the chesty puller rig looked interesting. Simply Rugged's pricing is very reasonable and the quality was excellent. I carry the sp101 in that holster IWB but I think the chesty puller rig is an option for many of their holsters. A lot of their holsters can be configured different ways, IWB, OWB, shoulder, etc, a definite plus. Check them out, here is link for their Cuda holster, http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Cuda-.cfm?item_id=155&parent=669, there are pics of the chesty puller rig option.

I have a shoulder rig from Black Hills Leather, it is a B7D, here's a link for their shoulder rigs, https://blackhillsleather.com/shoulder-holsters/double-shoulder-rigs.html. Quality was excellent but not sure what budget range you want to stay in. Might be considered a little pricey but that comes with the territory on custom leather work. I ordered it with 2 holsters, 1 for Glock 22, 1 for HK USP40, depending on which one I want to carry, the mags both fit the same mag pouch on the opposite side, saved a little vs. buying 2 separate rigs.

Galco has the Miami Classic and the Jackass rig, I think both are quality rigs and readily available. Check ebay, amazon, gunbroker, etc.you may find a good deal here and there. Optics Planet usually has good pricing on new Galco prodcuts.

What handgun are you going to carry in the shoulder rig? I find that I don't use mine all that much except in the cooler months of the year and I only use it for full size duty weapons. I keep it on a hanger in my closet. My wife was giving me a hard time one day and looked in the closet while I was trying to pick out something nice to wear for us to go out, and she said, "well you can always wear this shoulder holster with those overalls". They were hanging next to each other in my closet, probably not the look I was going for. If I remember right it was IWB with polo shirt & jeans.

Sorry about your eyesight, hope the zoom thing Oh Shoot showed you helps out. You may need it to read my long winded reply.

Edited by McGarrett