Munchies in the woods

Seeing as I havent yet mastered the art of crapping in a ziplock, I'll just keep the snacks light.  

Then there's always the possibility of reaching for the wrong ziploc bag, especially in the pre-dawn hours when light is scarce. :stunned:

Not a good time to get a "surprise" ziploc bag.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 2

Sorry guys, my silliness kinda derailed the original topic, especially my last post implying the imperative need for color coding of ziploc bags on those cold, lonely December deer stand mornings. :hijack:

Please carry on with the original topic of snacks for the hunt-- however, if nobody mentions Little Debbie oatmeal pies & black coffee I shall be crestfallen. :drama:

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 1

with my luck so far, what i bring with me is the only meat i see the whole day :(

Be patient my man...as soon as I can work my trigger finger I'll show you how it's done. Until then, I'll show you where there is some "tree chicken", aka "tree rats, aka squirrels, aka PITA's  that you can hunt up. Oh yeah, don't forget your snacks!

DaveS

• Like 1

Like others - trail mix, beef or venison jerky, candy, water and that's usually about it.  If it's post rut I'll come off the stand during lunch time and fire up the portable grill at the camp site.  Nothing going on in the woods from 10AM to 4PM except sleeping deer.

I've killed most of my deer around noontime. I think they know when hunters head for the grill, and that's when they party ;)

Since we're talking about snacks, I made the mistake of taking a whole bag of sugar-free cookies with me one time. You know, the ones with that zorbatol (or whatever it's called). Nothing like doing the potty-dance 20' up in a climber tree stand, lol. Learned my lesson on that.
  • Like 1

I've killed most of my deer around noontime. I think they know when hunters head for the grill, and that's when they party ;)
Since we're talking about snacks, I made the mistake of taking a whole bag of sugar-free cookies with me one time. You know, the ones with that zorbatol (or whatever it's called). Nothing like doing the potty-dance 20' up in a climber tree stand, lol. Learned my lesson on that.

Kinda hard easin down that tree while squirsh'n your butt cheeks together!!! Lmao
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing as I havent yet mastered the art of crapping in a ziplock, I'll just keep the snacks light.  

Ummm... maybe you're not using a big enough ziplock?

Just remember - Practice makes perfect!

Practice, practice, PRACTICE!!! Practice every chance you get! Heading for an outdoor event or tailgating (no pun intended) on the weekend? Forego and eschew the porta-potties! Just whip out your butt-sized ziplock and let it roar! If someone asks what the hell you're doing, reply in your very best Elmer Fudd voice, "SHHH!!! We have to ve-wy, ve-wy quiet! I'm pwacticing for hunting season!"

Oh, and don't worry about color coding, I'm sure that smell coding would be far more effective in the dark, anyway...

Please carry on with the original topic of snacks for the hunt-- however, if nobody mentions Little Debbie oatmeal pies & black coffee I shall be crestfallen. :drama:

Little Debbie oatmeal pies, huh? I love that they have Little Debbie's face on the box, but it took me many years to figure out why they only show her from the neck up... That's because from the neck down she's BIG Debbie (from eatin' all them oatmeal pies!)

Black coffee? Only thing I can say about black coffee is that I took some on my last hunting trip with my best friend up in western Kansas and he allowed as to how he liked his coffee the way he liked his women... Took me three days to get over the shock of discovering that my best friend likes blonde, slutty coffee with low self-esteem!!!

Good suggestions in this thread. Think I'll stick with my jerky, hardtack & water. (Not because I'm a purist or don't like what others take, but because I'm broke and haven't been able to find any butt-sized ziplocks.)

:hat:

...TS...

• Like 2

Jeremiah Johnson might be ashamed, albeit hungrier than me though!

DaveS

I just don't think ole Jeremiah had the luxury of Vienna's and PB&J sandwiches and all the other goodies there is for options we have today or his saddle bags would have been full of them................. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm... maybe you're not using a big enough ziplock?

Just remember - Practice makes perfect!

Practice, practice, PRACTICE!!! Practice every chance you get! Heading for an outdoor event or tailgating (no pun intended) on the weekend? Forego and eschew the porta-potties! Just whip out your butt-sized ziplock and let it roar! If someone asks what the hell you're doing, reply in your very best Elmer Fudd voice, "SHHH!!! We have to ve-wy, ve-wy quiet! I'm pwacticing for hunting season!"

Oh, and don't worry about color coding, I'm sure that smell coding would be far more effective in the dark, anyway...

Little Debbie oatmeal pies, huh? I love that they have Little Debbie's face on the box, but it took me many years to figure out why they only show her from the neck up... That's because from the neck down she's BIG Debbie (from eatin' all them oatmeal pies!)

Black coffee? Only thing I can say about black coffee is that I took some on my last hunting trip with my best friend up in western Kansas and he allowed as to how he liked his coffee the way he liked his women... Took me three days to get over the shock of discovering that my best friend likes blonde, slutty coffee with low self-esteem!!!

Good suggestions in this thread. Think I'll stick with my jerky, hardtack & water. (Not because I'm a purist or don't like what others take, but because I'm broke and haven't been able to find any butt-sized ziplocks.)

:hat:

...TS...

I also like my coffee the way I like my women (and venison)............ground up and in the freezer.

• Like 1