Metallica - Through the Never: An IMAX 3D Experience

I would have been excited as far back as Black....I would even give them Fuel, but anything after that...I'll pass.

For the record.. and justice for all is still my all-time favorite roadtrip music. I could listen to it start to finish.

Edit: err loaded, not fuel. Edited by NoBanStan

I would have been excited as far back as Black....I would even give them Fuel, but anything after that...I'll pass.
For the record.. and justice for all is still my all-time favorite roadtrip music. I could listen to it start to finish.
Edit: err loaded, not fuel.

Fuel was on Reload. :p

Since we are discussing Metallica...

Favorite Metallica song and album?

I would have to say mine is Creeping Death or To Live is to Die (first Metallica song I learned to play) and Master of Puppets for the album. 

I don't see that tickets are up for sale at the IMAX here yet.  Definitely want to go see it.

As for favorite album/song.... geez....  probably MOP/Damage, Inc., but there's so many...   It's a toss up between Damage and All Nightmare Long.  I know lots of folks got turned off by the image change after the black album, but there's still lots of good songs.  Heck, I even like St. Anger.... Frantic, St. Anger, ... The Unnamed Feeling is freakin' huge. 

Here's another question... when was the first time you heard them?  Mine was my 7th grade Civics class.  My friend Jay Henderson had a tape of Kill 'Em All and let me listen.  The first song I heard was Whiplash.  While I'd heard some "metal" before then, things definitely changed at that moment. 

Edited by peejman

I don't see that tickets are up for sale at the IMAX here yet. Definitely want to go see it.

As for favorite album/song.... geez.... probably MOP/Damage, Inc., but there's so many... It's a toss up between Damage and All Nightmare Long. I know lots of folks got turned off by the image change after the black album, but there's still lots of good songs. Heck, I even like St. Anger.... Frantic, St. Anger, ... The Unnamed Feeling is freakin' huge.

Here's another question... when was the first time you heard them? Mine was my 7th grade Civics class. My friend Jay Henderson had a tape of Kill 'Em All and let me listen. The first song I heard was Whiplash. While I'd heard some "metal" before then, things definitely changed at that moment.

I ordered my tickets last night for opening night at the Opry Mills IMAX.

I had to look for upcoming shows, and ordered from there.

I'd love to but can't. I don't know why, but I cannot see 3d movies. I put on the glasses but it just looks blurry. The same as if I didn't wear the glasses. I've tried them with and without my prescription glasses.
3d movies are a no go for me. :(

I think I read something about it being released in 2D within a week or so.

As expected, the show ******* rocked! It was 90% concert, 10% movie. They played most of the popular songs.

Much of the camera/3D work made you feel as if you were on stage with the band. I left wanting to punch someone in the mouth. I'd see it again.

Jeez my ex used to make me feel that way.And she cant play a guitar....lol hetfield musta been roaring.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Best album to get a ticket to: Ride the Lightning.

First album I heard: Master of Puppets. A friend loaned it to me when it came out, I was hooked.

Favorite album: The $5.98 EP: Garage Days Revisited.  Because I actually own the CD; bought it the day it came out. (They were damn hard to find; Disc Exchange had a waiting list that was usually 50 people long and they sold it for $50.00.)

I haven't heard most of the new stuff (Since S&M,) but I did listen to the Sirius Mandatory Metallica channel today, and heard a few. Not quite the same, but not bad.

Favorite Metallica moment:  Standing at the barricade in front of Hetfield on the "Justice" Tour, for Whiplash. He flipped me his pick at the end of the tune.

Favorite Tune: Orion.

Edited by MattCary