Trying too hard to make this shutdown more than it is...

Guest 6.8 AR

Guest 6.8 AR

Before you cry about the link, this stuff happened.

http://www.infowars.com/barrycades-government-tries-to-shut-down-privately-owned-mount-vernon/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-03/troops-forage-for-food-while-golfers-play-on-in-shutdown.html

They went out of their way to close the monuments down for the veterans. They went out of their way

to post essential(?) or non-essential(?) police at places to protect what? They even tried to close down

non-profit places they had no reason to, except to make this shutdown look worse for the media whores

to report. They went out of their way to make it difficult for the military. I heard they shut down, or tried

to, PX's and Annexes on military installations. I think it shows how much they dislike the military, don't

you?

During the shutdowns of past, I don't remember any of this kind of thing going on. It really is sad that

pols will stoop to such measures. We, the people, need to fight this administration to the end for how

they treat us. I think it is time we showed them who really pays the bills, and who really owns that

federal property. I am really glad to see a bunch of old veterans in wheelchairs go right through the

barricades. At least someone has some balls. And they were threatened with arrest by non-essential

employees.

This is becoming a bit too frustrating. These bastards need to find another country to destroy and

leave ours alone.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Obama is doing this because he said the Sequester would be really bad and it turned out to be almost totally unnoticed so he is doing this to draw attention to himself and his party. He is doing it but he is to stupid to see that all the attention he is attracting is all negative but thats a good thing..........jmho

• Like 1
Guest ThePunisher
Mark Levine said that if the commies arrest or hurt the vets in wheelchairs, that he will help get hundreds of thousands to march to the WW2 Memorial. Of course none of this is alarming to the low information voters b/c they're not being informed or simply don't care about it.

Totally right on all three posts guys.

Without media, I refuse to call it "news" coverage, the great masses wouldn't even know something was happening. This is an effort to shore up his declining popularity ratings. Just like the phone giveaway to bring attention to the flagging insurance signups.

Guest 6.8 AR

I think Obama has finally been exposed and the media will have to turn to the middle. Harry Reid jumped in the

face of a female reporter babe when she had the audacity to bring up whether or not a child with cancer would

get treated under Obamacare. Obama refuses to negotiate, more of his superiority, and it makes him look like

the fool he is. On some issues, he is slicker than teflon, but this healthcare thing is going to kill his effectiveness

when trying to assert his power in the future. You can only cry racism so many times before it will come back and

bite.

Showing where he stands with this shutdown, and trying to make it hard on Americans when they know better,

will hurt him. All I can say to that is it's about time.

Yea, Obama and Reid shut the Government down, Blamed it on the Republicans, then they make the statement that the government is spending more being shut down than when they are up and operational. It was Obama that ordered all the monuments closed to tourism, it was Obama that ordered all the Parks closed, It is Obama ordering everything closed because he is the only one with the authority to do it but you can bet before it is over  it will be Boehner and the GOP that ordered them closed..........You can bet he's not going to take the blame. He has not taken the blame on a damn thing that has happened since he took office From Fast and Furious to right now.  Some one said he is as slick as Teflon, Hell he is Teflon!!!!!!!............. :rant:

Yea, Obama and Reid shut the Government down, Blamed it on the Republicans, then they make the statement that the government is spending more being shut down than when they are up and operational....

Let's be honest here. The POTUS, Democrats and Republicans are all to blame for the shut down. None of their hands are clean and all are acting like stubborn children.

As far as the price tag is concerned, it's my understanding that federal workers salary is part of the GDP. Therefore, no pay means no contribution to the U.S. economy. Think of it this way, if all of those employees spent a minimum of $10.00 on lunch per day then that's money out of the economy i.e., business owners etc.

Sent from my GSIII using TPR 3.17
I jest don't get it all land far as parks are owned BY WE THE PEOPLE we paid for it with all OUR tax money , so if I want to go camping on property that my tax dollars paid for it I don't feel that I need gov to tell me that I can't use it . Who made them god of the land that we paid for . I don't have to have some one to hold my hand and watch out for me , I have the means to protect myself if need be . It's our right as the people not the gov-. To use these lands if we so desire.
Oh and last Rant , all the obamacare health care employees by the gov have been working with pay , what's up with that ??? Thay get paid but other gov employees don't of corse Obama still gets his ck also kinda like a funny standard to me . We make the rules as we go kinda thing .
Guest 6.8 AR

Let's be honest here. The POTUS, Democrats and Republicans are all to blame for the shut down. None of their hands are clean and all are acting like stubborn children.

As far as the price tag is concerned, it's my understanding that federal workers salary is part of the GDP. Therefore, no pay means no contribution to the U.S. economy. Think of it this way, if all of those employees spent a minimum of $10.00 on lunch per day then that's money out of the economy i.e., business owners etc.

$3650/year taken from the economy when looking at how much that same group costs the taxpayer will never add up.

However one wishes to rationalize an entity into the economy, that dog doesn't hunt too well.

But saying all of them are to blame is taking the easy way out. So , what Cruz started is just admitting he is part of the

problem? I don't follow that. I think there are many on both political sides who are to blame, but I will stop short at that

point. Do you wish for another style of government, maybe where individuals are completely left out, say, a dictatorship?

We need to disinfect what we have, from time to time, which is something we tend to forget.

The tree of liberty isn't watered by allowing the likes of Joe Stalin in the White House.

Just read an article by wbbj about the Hatchie Wildlife Refuge being closed and some people not being able to hunt now. The person being interviewed replied people depend on what they take in for food during the winter. Last time I checked walmart still had meat in the freezer section.

Guest nra37922

Not suggesting violations of the law but Honor Air should continue with their flights and tell all the media they are going to visit their memorial, get hold of their elected reps in both the House and Senate and tell them that they are expected to be there if lead the way.  A lot of these vets are not going to be alive much longer and this may well be their last chance to see their memorial.  Let the police arrest them if they dare, would make a hell of a national news story...

I think Obama has finally been exposed and the media will have to turn to the middle. Harry Reid jumped in the

face of a female reporter babe when she had the audacity to bring up whether or not a child with cancer would

get treated under Obamacare. Obama refuses to negotiate, more of his superiority, and it makes him look like

the fool he is. On some issues, he is slicker than teflon, but this healthcare thing is going to kill his effectiveness

when trying to assert his power in the future. You can only cry racism so many times before it will come back and

bite.

Showing where he stands with this shutdown, and trying to make it hard on Americans when they know better,

will hurt him. All I can say to that is it's about time.

Obama also refuses to negotiate in order to flex what little power he still has. He knows he is a lame duck and will have no further "legacy" legislation or major accomplishments. He has hung his hat on Obamacare and is all in to defend and promote it. Luckily for him he has Reid and the media helping him.

One last point regarding the shutdown, I recall that while the World War II memorial is a national monuent now it was built with private funds.

Broken window fallacy. Even if you grant that some proportion of the government has a valid, productive contribution to the economy, the vast, overwhelming majority does not. The money used to pay them is much better left in the hands of the people who earned it.

As the the effects of this shutdown, just look at how government has grown and grown and grown and grown over the past 50 years. Life worked back when government was already just too big, it's hardly surprising that life goes on when a tiny fraction of what there is now is sent home for a few days.

The blame game is pointless also. It doesn't matter who's to blame, it's what the best way forward is. That's to put people in place that understand that smaller government is better. Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible in the current climate.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1

Just read an article by wbbj about the Hatchie Wildlife Refuge being closed and some people not being able to hunt now. The person being interviewed replied people depend on what they take in for food during the winter. Last time I checked walmart still had meat in the freezer section.

some people may not have that privalage to be so well endowed with the big paycheck as others , thay grow there own veggies kill there own meat to survive , work hard to take care of there family and don't have the extra money to go to walmart to the freezer section. Have you priced meat lately ,
  • Like 1

I personally know a number of people who DEPEND on hunting and fishing for sustenance. Many of whom chose not to have EBT cards.

I know a lot of people that still live 90% off the land for their food. They hunt deer, Squirrel, Rabbit, Turkey, Ducks, Quail, Doves and any other meat allowed to hunt. They have gardens large enough and several different family members tend the gardens and nothing goes to waste. I began working with a few of my buddies a couple years back and now each Fall we will split two heifers at about 1200 lbs each and 1/2 dozen Hogs we purchase from one farmer and we pay to have them processed. By doing this we are saving about 40% on our meant products for a year. We have the beef processed just like store cuts and we have the pork done the same way including Bacon and Smoked Hams and nothing goes to waste that is edible. We even have found uses for the back bones. Next Spring GOD willing we will be putting a large garden in and begin using many of our own Veggies and buying less in store items. All of this is much healthier since the farmer uses no chemicals on our animals when feeding them up. All natural foods. I think more folks should look into this idea............jmho

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

And those very people you mention are better off for it, especially if something bad happens. They will be among the

ones who will survive what many city slickers will perish over.

When someone says they can depend on the fruits of their own ambition, they don't go needing much.

That's one of the most admirable things one can say about another. The government doesn't want that

around, at all.

Edited by 6.8 AR
[quote name="tnguy" post="1043623" timestamp="1380899319"] Broken window fallacy. Even if you grant that some proportion of the government has a valid, productive contribution to the economy, the vast, overwhelming majority does not. The money used to pay them is much better left in the hands of the people who earned it. As the the effects of this shutdown, just look at how government has grown and grown and grown and grown over the past 50 years. Life worked back when government was already just too big, it's hardly surprising that life goes on when a tiny fraction of what there is now is sent home for a few days. The blame game is pointless also. It doesn't matter who's to blame, it's what the best way forward is. That's to put people in place that understand that smaller government is better. Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible in the current climate.[/quote] Interesting perspective. I'm sure that the small businesses that are located in the areas where fed workers are affected will have a different point of view. As for "life" going on, this so called "shutdown" is not true on its face. I guarantee you that if the air traffic controllers, law enforcement, firefighters, meat/produce Inspectors, military, and other essential personnel were truly shut down then the landscape would be entirely different. Not to mention the SSA and VA checks being stopped. At the end of the day (rhetorically speaking), government will resume its normal duties, life will move on, people will continue to talk about how big government is and how disgusted they are about the Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare. These politicians are what they are.... Sent from my GSIII using TPR 3.17 Edited by blueghost
Guest 6.8 AR

No, it is a staged shutdown for the media, and as most things political, it will only last as long as there is some kind of

leverage to gain. As far as the businesses who may suffer, that's the way business is. I'm not going to go all soft and

beg the government to get back in the saddle for that reason. The premise is all wrong.

Anyone associated with, or being harmed by, and I am one, also, should be thinking how to get the 800 lb gorilla out

of the room and be more concerned with their own self-reliance than worrying about how long the government can

provide Tootsie Rolls.