Would you trade?

Guest gcrookston

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The values seem about right for a trade, but only you can decide if the deal is one to take. Are the watches potentially more marketable than the HK? If you aren't shooting the HK that much or if its a safe queen, then the question is, which items will appreciate more over the next five years. In the event the "wrong" decision is made by voters in November, it is unlikely that there will be a ban on "assualt" watches.

By the way, nice rifle!

The Submariner and Speedmaster look a little "rough".

Did the guy tell you that the Sub had the crystal replaced with a sapphire in the "upgrade?" Because they've had the sapphire crystal for the better part of 25 years.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gcrookston

Update: The final version of the negotiations for the deal came down to the Airking and Omega for just the rifle, A2 and A3 stocks. With a little math and marketing research this, in MHO, became an even trade.

I had some old data on the value of some accessories (such as the Psg1 trigger pac), and the only way I saw to be able to make the deal work to my satisfaction was to include the entire package with the Sub, airking and omega.

I passed, as my interest was in the Sub with intent to sell the other two (they should go reasonably quickly for about $2,700-$3,000).

If anyone has a 93 sitting around and would like to pursue this trade, it is to be found over on HKPRO, or they can send me a PM and I'll provide the contact info.

Dude, Im a gun guy... and have a few Rolex's. So let me say this, the watches are going to go down in value, the gun has a real probability to go up fast after November.

What year were the watches, btw? And how were you planning on selling them?

I think it was a good idea to pass. You can pick up a sub pretty reasonable anytime right now since money is so tight? The gun might be hard to replace.

I would have passed too. The Speedmaster is a tough sell anywhere above $1500 and the Airking has always been the stepchild of the Rolex line.

But with the weak dollar any Swiss watch is going to hold value, but for how long is the question.

When the Zombies come, how will the watches help? :D:P Seriously though, my concern would be that the value of the watches will be very dependent on the economy. Given where the economy is headed right now, I wouldn't tie money up in anything that I planned on needing to sell in the next 10 years or that would be considered a luxury.