Amazon, package delayed and they did more then I ask.

vontar

Sometimes it pays to complain.

On Oct 5th, I ordered a necklace for my wife on amazon.  She picked it out and with out question I ordered it.  No rush, 10 days until her Birthday.

I picked the free ship option like I normally do on amazon.  if I need something over night I will buy local for sure.

Anyways, Amazon did not ship it until the 11th then estimated delivery on the 16th.

no big deal, wife knows it is coming.  She doesn't bust me for a couple days.  1 she understands I am slow but I will get it down.  2.  She knows I order it when she told me what she wanted.

The 16th came and went, no necklace.

The 19th came and no necklace and an automatic email from Amazon asking how I liked it.  There was an option package has not arrived. 

I almost didn't, but I selected that and just wrote a short statement that I ordered on the 5th, it shipped on the 11th, was estimated delivery of the 16th still and I still didn't have it

With in 2 hours, I had an email from Amazon that they refunded my purchase, in short apologized for the late delivery.

It was shipped Fedex Smart post and the only tracking number only shows that it left Amazon.  Does not even give the location.

For the record, the site still to this day 21st shows it picked up at Amazon and scheduled for the 16th.

*never had an amazon lost package before, but I have to say, they did what they could to make it right in a hurry.  I didn't ask for a refund.  Heck, I didn't ask for anything I was just making a record that I didn't have it yet.

Edit, add

well there are 2 different tracking results.

Track from Amazon

October 11, 2013 02:07:00 AM

Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier (No carrier tracking?)

Track from Fedex

10/11/2013  -  Friday

2:07 am

Shipment information sent to FedEx

Per Fedex, appears they may not have gotten the package while amazon says it left their site.
Edited by vontar
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon has a great return program, that's why we keep going back.  My wife ordered a $300 text book and put in an old address.  It was delivered and gone, she called Amazon and told them and they gave her a full refund without any question. 

I also recently returned a pretty expensive speaker bar and the company didn't give a refund for about 3 weeks I think, so messaged them and they said they couldn't find it in their warehouse so they couldn't issue a refund (not my problem since fedex had a signature for delivery), filed a complaint with Amazon and they gave a refund in just a couple of days.

You don't get many places like that online anymore.

Edited by Sam1

I've been a Prime customer for 2 years and counting. I only recently discovered all the content I get for free with Prime - I used it to save on shipping at first.

I ordered a package of colored paper last week for well under $10 with free 2-day shipping. Half the price of Office Max. How can you beat that?

Amazon is GREAT. I buy lots of stuff from them. I've been putting a small wood shop together in my garage, and had to buy some gear to finish it up. One piece was a dust collector that's notorious for shipping damage because of the poorly designed packaging. I ordered it with free shipping. Because of the likelihood of shipping damage, two guys showed up at my house, unboxed and inspected the unit, and had me sign off on it. Free shipping!

Here it is, the dust dick...

Dustdick_zps3d8335e0.jpg

I bought most of my knives from them, especially the ZT's. They beat everybody's price, and usually get it to you in a couple of days with ground shipping rates.

I've done better on eBay for quite a few knives, or if about same price have gotten them quicker than with 'Zon's free shipping option. Some of the same vendors on eBay are also Amazon suppliers ("fulfillers"), just like OpticsPlanet.

SG of course no go for anything over 4".

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

over the years I have order thousands of dollars from them with no issue.   I had only wanted at the time to let them know that it had not been received.  they went beyond what I expected.  Forgive any typos' to much Devils cut tonight.

Guest TankerHC

Amazon is great. Their return and vendor guarantee policy is great. About 7 months ago I ordered a pair of boots. They sent the wrong size. They were for my brother. He tried them on, walked across the carpet thinking since they were only a half size too big he could use them. I sent the message to Amazon, they said send them back. Sent them back and the vendor refused them (In Florida) and sent them back to my brother. I contacted Amazon, I have been a Prime member for several years as well, what I didnt know is, as a Prime member Amazon guarantees refunds. Its not in the TOS, but after contacting Amazon, 2 days had a refund and was told to keep the boots!

Another thing I didnt know until after that is if you are a Prime member, four family members can share the Prime account. As well, if you own a small business and have a Prime account, 4 of your employees or co-workers can also share your prime membership.

You cant beat the service. Not the free ebooks, Prime video, and the rest. 3 years ago I probably did less than half my Christmas shopping online. 2 years ago probably little more than half and last year 100% of my Christmas shopping was done on Amazon, with gifts wrapped and shipped to my family and friends directly free. (The gift wrapping isnt free)

When they first started I didnt think it would go anywhere. Wrong.

Edited by TankerHC
I also am a "prime" member .... Free 2 day shipping is great and I take advantage of if

I have bought most of my stocks, grips, and small accessories on Amazon.... As of lately though it seems they don't have near the firearm accessories they use to (maybe they pulled some)
Guest TankerHC

I also am a "prime" member .... Free 2 day shipping is great and I take advantage of if

I have bought most of my stocks, grips, and small accessories on Amazon.... As of lately though it seems they don't have near the firearm accessories they use to (maybe they pulled some)

I dont buy anything unless it says Prime next to it, or I usually do a Prime qualified search. The stuff usually comes out cheaper when shipping is factored in on non prime items. I swear I have had to have saved 1000 dollars over the last few years just using my $79 per year membership. A lot of the free movies on Prime Video are later than Netflix or Hulu, and I wouldnt have even have been able to keep up (Without pirating, which I dont do) with Breaking Bad without Prime. Well worth the .99 cents a week to watch it.