Any other Battlefield junkies here?

reed1285

Guest Keal G Seo

No, I dont hate on the recon class. Im more of a play the objective type bf4 player. Im sure in team deathmatch or other game types the recon class really comes in handy. All I play though is conquest, and whenever Im the only guy on my squad playing the objectives because my other two or three teammates are sitting on top of a builiding somewhere, it gets aggravating sometimes. Hard to win a conquest match when a third or sometimes even about half the players are sniping.

Recon is my primary, I'll even rush the objective with my pistol blazing if it's a do or lose situation. I also don't go for long shots, 100-150 meters is on my longer range with 50-100 being average. If I come in and see everyone's markers sitting back I assume they are all camp sniping and switch up to whatever is needed more at the moment.
Granted recon is overused and the people using it are usually campers, it is an important part of the team when used correctly. Couldn't tell ya off hand how many spotting ribbons I already have. Communication is also key to being a sniper, what good is lazing a target if you don't tell the team to launch them rockets?

Recon is my primary, I'll even rush the objective with my pistol blazing if it's a do or lose situation. I also don't go for long shots, 100-150 meters is on my longer range with 50-100 being average. If I come in and see everyone's markers sitting back I assume they are all camp sniping and switch up to whatever is needed more at the moment.
Granted recon is overused and the people using it are usually campers, it is an important part of the team when used correctly. Couldn't tell ya off hand how many spotting ribbons I already have. Communication is also key to being a sniper, what good is lazing a target if you don't tell the team to launch them rockets?

I agree 100% with everything you said

My two worst runs in a row, wanna know how to NOT play battlefield, here's how. And yes, I know there's no sound, that's how the PS4 records video right now, I'm gonna contact Sony and see if there's a fix or if that's how it was designed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=771120752914975&l=8635318087683097784

Edited by whitewolf001
Guest Keal G Seo

So what rank is everyone? I just rolled over 46

Just broke 10 or 11 the other day, server issues got me upset and the PS4 crashes sent me over the edge. Started playing Warframe and with the newplayer 3 day boosts (xp and credits) I have been sticking to that to get the most out of it. When the PS4 version gets patched I'll be back. Good news though:

We are aware of the frequent crashes in Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4. We are hard at work identifying these issues and are hoping to get a game update out early next week. Stay tuned for more details as we can confirm them, and thanks for your patience!

That was on the 18th so I assume that means fixed around the 25th. They also have supposedly fixed the majority of server issues, for the PS4 anyway, by server patching and disabling a leading cause linked to commander mode. My honest guess though is that it won't be fully fixed until December some time but I still have my fingers crossed for sooner.

My two worst runs in a row, wanna know how to NOT play battlefield, here's how. And yes, I know there's no sound, that's how the PS4 records video right now, I'm gonna contact Sony and see if there's a fix or if that's how it was designed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=771120752914975&l=8635318087683097784

nice, from your video it looks as though the ps4 graphics are way better than my 360, even running 1080p. itll be awesome when they get the sound issue fixed. Is the system they have for capturing video like this pretty user friendly?

nice, from your video it looks as though the ps4 graphics are way better than my 360, even running 1080p. itll be awesome when they get the sound issue fixed. Is the system they have for capturing video like this pretty user friendly?

Very user friendly, granted I didn't read the manual(my manhood wouldn't let me read the instructions) so this is just based off my limited knowledge of tinkering with it. What would normally be the "select" button on the controller has been replaced by a button aptly named, "share", it performs a screen capture and saves the last stretch of gameplay, for me in my case, it was fifteen minutes(it may only capture fifteen minute segments, not sure) of the most garbage matches I've ever played in any FPS, haha. I didn't figure this out until after my BEST game ever not twenty minutes earlier of 29-8. A real kick in the pants to say the least... lol.

Guest Keal G Seo

Hey Keal G Seo, have you had any issues trying to get into Conquest or Rush? I got into ONE Rush match the other day but was disconnected due to "connection error" and haven't been able to play Rush since, I haven't even been able to play Conquest since launch.

Yes, conquest anyway. I had been playing rush as the alternative to conquest large...a big reason I wanted BF4. No problems connecting to rush but it crashes with the CE error about ever 2-4 matches and half the time corrupts my save file. That means not only do I lose my single player save but I have to go back, retune all my settings and close all the newbie tool tips as I play multiplayer.

I have played just enough to get a feel for a controller again and learn a little bit about the maps. I really want to keep going so I can start working on some team tactics, lines of sight, fire routes etc...

Yes, conquest anyway. I had been playing rush as the alternative to conquest large...a big reason I wanted BF4. No problems connecting to rush but it crashes with the CE error about ever 2-4 matches and half the time corrupts my save file. That means not only do I lose my single player save but I have to go back, retune all my settings and close all the newbie tool tips as I play multiplayer.

I have played just enough to get a feel for a controller again and learn a little bit about the maps. I really want to keep going so I can start working on some team tactics, lines of sight, fire routes etc...

What's your psn handle? mine is shirokenkami

44 hours and 48 minutes. I probably had more hours in the beta... I just havent had time lately.

Stats taken from Battlelog:

MULTIPLAYER SCORE
Assault score 28,240
Engineer score 2,576
Support score 6,089
Recon score 361,824
Commander Score 2,995
Squad score 53,784
Vehicle score 177,176
Award score 337,750
Unlock Score 15,200
Total score 931,849

GENERAL
Kills 1,687
Deaths 1,132
Kill assists 99
K/D ratio 1.49
Wins 66
Losses 67
Shots fired 87,144
Shots hit 6,155
Accuracy 7.06%

GAME MODES
Conquest 184,225
Rush 17,480
Death Match 3,100
Domination 6,360
Obliteration 23,830
Defuse 0

TEAM
Repairs 5
Revives 14
Heals 108
Resupplies 9
Avenger kills 114
Savior kills 42
Suppression Assists 46
Quits 14.74%

EXTRA
Dogtags Taken 49
Vehicles Destroyed 204
Vehicle Damage 199
Headshots 241
Longest Headshot 231.79
Highest Kill Streak 29
Nemesis Kills 29
Highest Nemesis Streak 9

GAME MODE EXTRA
Flags captured 289
Flags defended 205
  Edited by Daniel

I'm in on PC, but haven't had much time to play. :( So far I like it, but have to keep in mind it's Battlefield, so all the good and bad that go with that.

The Good:

Graphics

Vehicles

Smooth gameplay

Highly customizable weaponry

Vehicles

Huge maps (lots of options for attack/defense and sniping actually means shooting more than 100 yards like many COD maps)

Good squad/teamplay capabilities when used properly

Did I mention vehicles?

Dedicated servers

The Bad:

Huge maps mean spawn can sometimes be far from the action

Takes too long to level up and unlock better weapons/attachments

Hitboxes are small.

Automatic fire is worthless (see above)

Color patterns on players don't stand out from the background very well. Maybe that's more "realistic" but it usually means I get smoked and have no idea where it came from. <<<FRUSTRATING>>> I guess I'm just getting older and it's hard to pick out the fine details fast enough.

So far, it's a mix of BF3 and Bad Company 2 to me. It's defnitely not run-n-gun like COD. I have the most trouble with hit boxes being so small. I'll go prone, line up sights, and open up with an LMG in someone's back from 50 ft away. They can turn around and shoot me with a handgun and win. WTF?!?!? It's getting better with each release (BF2 was the worst), but I just need to spend time practicing BF's game play. I can drive a tank like nobody's business, but infantry is hard for me.

I'll probably jump in tonight for a while and see if I can be someone's bullet magnet.

Guest Keal G Seo

Yeah conquest large and commander mode are up on PS4 but I am still occasionally getting the blue screen crashes. I will say the hot fix has cut them dramatically! But still there occasionally none the less. Gonna wait for the full patch next week before I get too excited and return to disappointment. I did get on and try both though and they both seem really fun. I particularly enjoyed the couple of rounds of commander I played when the people would actually listen to me...main order being to tighten squads up into 3 five man squads instead of 5 three man squads lol. They benefit more from the promotions when tighter like that plus it helps them in game by giving them more spawn options. So any squads looking for a decent commander (2k being my lowest score and having never played it before) hit me up. :)

Keal-G-Seo

^ what he said. On xbox 360 (more than likely ps3 too, not sure about pc) every couple ranks you get "battlepacks" and just like juice said they contain random goodies. Like xp boosts that last for an hour, optics, paints, grips, etc.
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Keal G Seo

Ok so I just found out I can plug in my standard headphones and pump game sound through the controller...while nearly deafening myself it added at least 100% to the experience.

Ok so I just found out I can plug in my standard headphones and pump game sound through the controller...while nearly deafening myself it added at least 100% to the experience.

I did not know though....interesting. I have a feeling im going to be in the market for a set of turtle beach x42's here soon though. I had their older version, the x41's, also wireless, with dolby surround. They were an awesome headset. If you ever get the chance to buy/try any of there dolby surround headset's, do it!