Elderly?

billyscott

Guest ThePunisher
Too bad O'Bamacare is not going to allow us to see too many Golden years. Unfortunately we're a costly burden to the big government, and the best healthcare system the world has ever known has to be destroyed by the Socailist/Communist running the nation so that the elderly die off quicker.
Guest TankerHC

Too bad O'Bamacare is not going to allow us to see too many Golden years. Unfortunately we're a costly burden to the big government, and the best healthcare system the world has ever known has to be destroyed by the Socailist/Communist running the nation so that the elderly die off quicker.

Not a burden, especially if they can begin feeding the masses Soylent Green. 

Heck! That's not bad.

Wait til one of the twerpy little mall rats holds the door open for you and calls you Sir.

That hurts.

The neighbors little girl calls me sir, I'm younger than her father. I get the 'sir' thing a lot here lately. There was a time it woulda bothered me, now I embrace it. I've decided not to be a Clingon and wash my hands of youth. My wife says I already have the heart and soul of a grouchy ole bastard. May as well have the wrinkles and arthritis too. Ohh wait, got those already too!
  • Like 1

The neighbors little girl calls me sir, I'm younger than her father. I get the 'sir' thing a lot here lately. There was a time it woulda bothered me, now I embrace it. I've decided not to be a Clingon and wash my hands of youth. My wife says I already have the heart and soul of a grouchy ole bastard. May as well have the wrinkles and arthritis too. Ohh wait, got those already too!

Sorry about all that for ya, buddy.

But welcome to my world.

Guest Bonedaddy

I'm only 51 and feel old as dirt. Wore out and broke down, is mostly why but I've accepted it, for the most part. What choice do I have? And for the record...I hate the word "Sir". Don't like being called that and don't like using it. I've far as I'm concerned...every man has a right to exist and needs not be elevated above that if ya really believe in true equality. Bootcamp did nothing to change that in me.

I say sir as a mutual respect for selfless behavior like holding the door or being polite. Personally I would take it as a sign of respect instead of a slight against your age. But then again, I'm 35 :D

Least they don't say "here ya go gramps, the geritol is on isle five next to the ensure".
  • Like 2

I say sir as a mutual respect for selfless behavior like holding the door or being polite. Personally I would take it as a sign of respect instead of a slight against your age. But then again, I'm 35 :D

Least they don't say "here ya go gramps, the geritol is on isle five next to the ensure".

Thank You for showing respect (I mean this), this is currently missing in todays youth.

This reply is by an old fart ;)

Edited by joe45

Sorry about all that for ya, buddy.

But welcome to my world.

Don't be sorry. I've learned what the old farts were sayin when I was a kid.
I'm not cool or good lookin any more, never really was but my house is paid for, my '07 Toyota is paid for, all my guns and other toys are paid for and I don't give two wags of a ratz azz what other people think of me. I've been married to the same woman for over a decade and known her since second grade. She ain't leavin and she ain't gettin rid of me easily, what the heck do I care what I look like or if I'm hip or not? For the most part I eat what and when I want, go when and where I want...do as I please.

It's actually stress relieving if you think about it.
  • Like 1

becoming elderly is only slightly better than the other option

I just wish elderly people as a group were a little less rude and demanding.  I understand when reaching the age where you don't even buy green bananas is not easy but is it so damn hard to ask for a senior citizen discount rather than bark out " don't forget my senior!"  And then demand it several more times even after it is applied. And then bark out one more time " you gave me my senior didn't you?"  And how damn hard is it to slide a debit or credit card through a card reader even though you are shown the correct way every week?

Old people are why I prefer working nights.  

Guest TankerHC

I just wish elderly people as a group were a little less rude and demanding.  I understand when reaching the age where you don't even buy green bananas is not easy but is it so damn hard to ask for a senior citizen discount rather than bark out " don't forget my senior!"  And then demand it several more times even after it is applied. And then bark out one more time " you gave me my senior didn't you?"  And how damn hard is it to slide a debit or credit card through a card reader even though you are shown the correct way every week?

:rofl:

Don't be sorry. I've learned what the old farts were sayin when I was a kid.
I'm not cool or good lookin any more, never really was but my house is paid for, my '07 Toyota is paid for, all my guns and other toys are paid for and I don't give two wags of a ratz azz what other people think of me. I've been married to the same woman for over a decade and known her since second grade. She ain't leavin and she ain't gettin rid of me easily, what the heck do I care what I look like or if I'm hip or not? For the most part I eat what and when I want, go when and where I want...do as I please.

It's actually stress relieving if you think about it.

Good thinking. That's the best way to look at it.

It would be interesting to see if you feel the same when you are that age. Considering the eyesight and hearing go, and how frequently they are defrauded, I give them a break.

Guest Bonedaddy

They do get defrauded a lot. Don't know how many times my grandmother was. Wish she woulda let me handle some of those things instead of bein' hard headed and goin' for it herself but I reckon that's her right if I can't be there all the time to watch over her. Between her car and her house, she was ripped off many times and sometimes to the tune of many thousands of dollars and when it came to the house (where most of the money went), it was usually her church friends doin' the robbery and shoddy work. Cost me a lotta labor (and more cost) to fix that crap, too.

They do get defrauded a lot. Don't know how many times my grandmother was. Wish she woulda let me handle some of those things instead of bein' hard headed and goin' for it herself but I reckon that's her right if I can't be there all the time to watch over her. Between her car and her house, she was ripped off many times and sometimes to the tune of many thousands of dollars and when it came to the house (where most of the money went), it was usually her church friends doin' the robbery and shoddy work. Cost me a lotta labor (and more cost) to fix that crap, too.

I had a preacher once tell me that no one will screw you faster than family and fellow Christians. Trust, but verify.