Question for the guru's

Guest jps37033

Guest jps37033

What is available on the market as for a 1911 style carry pistol?

ie; under 25 ounces or so, somewhat compact (3.5'' barrel or less)

Also, what is somes fascination with a 1911 model vs a tactical glock style?

Thanks

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Ah, the old 1911 vs Glock query. You just opened a can of worms! Haha. For me, I choose the 1911 for ergonomics and accuracy, not to mention the history. I just don't like how a Glock feels in my hand, period. As far as compact 1911s... well, the 1911 was designed as a 5" gun that shot .45ACP. The further you stray from that, the more potential problems you may have. Keep in mind the 1911 is an all metal gun, so finding one that weighs little is going to be tough.

You might even look at the Springfield Champion Operator. Its a commander sized 1911 with an aluminum frame. I carry mine quite a bit and its very comfortable. Not to mention its made in the US ... instead of Brazil. That is... if that sort of thing matters to you.

DSCN6907.jpg

Edited by sling
Guest jps37033
33 ounces . . . 8 ounces more than some compacts (steel versus polymer).

Just curious. Are you saying you will take the 8 ounces for steel over polymer? Thanks

Guest RISC777
Just curious. Are you saying you will take the 8 ounces for steel over polymer? Thanks

For a 1911 style designed pistol for carry, I might. Depends on the pistol, if I liked it enough (haven't fired one or seen one myself).

I was just pointing out the fact that it weighs in 8 ounces more than other carry sized steel pistols.

Guest jps37033

Ok thanks. I am so confused on what to carry, caliber, capacity, color, finish, brand, flavor, salty or sweet, trigger or no trigger, rear facing octagonal latitudinal bi-directional multi-function kill switch, or a potato gun? LOL

:slapfight:

Guest Boomhower
Ok thanks. I am so confused on what to carry, caliber, capacity, color, finish, brand, flavor, salty or sweet, trigger or no trigger, rear facing octagonal latitudinal bi-directional multi-function kill switch, or a potato gun? LOL

:slapfight:

And just when you think you have it figured out, there comes along another option.