Question for the guru's

Guest jps37033

Ok thanks. I am so confused on what to carry, caliber, capacity, color, finish, brand, flavor, salty or sweet, trigger or no trigger, rear facing octagonal latitudinal bi-directional multi-function kill switch, or a potato gun? LOL

:slapfight:

Well, don't get discouraged - there ain't really no rush, ya know.

By the way, I carry both the "light" and the "heavy" of things (but not both at once, although I certainly could without undue discomfort).

kahr-ruger.jpg

The Kahr with both small mags loaded with 9mm and the pocket rig 25 oz. total.

The Ruger loaded with .357 and the Bullard holster total just over your 2 lb question.

Both are equally comfortable in their way. Not so comfy I ever forget I'm armed, but not uncomfy enough to bother.

And yet with as much effort I've put into the whole carry gun selection process over the last 6 months or so I'm thinking somehow that a Springfield XD SC will REALLY be the perfect all around carry :)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what some have said about shoot as many as you can. Maybe there's a range that rents guns in your area. Take a look at a Kimber CDP, SF EMP, Para Warthog. Of course there's many others, but those are a couple I own and really like as my carry weapons.

Edited by big mo
Nice kahr setup. What kind/brand of holster is that?

That's from StellarRigs.com

They have terrible pic of it onsite.

About $45, alot for a small piece of kydex, but couldn't find anything with same functionality. So nice and flat, better than any leather pocket holster could find and holding the extra mag is a big plus. Rides in right front pocket in any pants I wear, including dress pants.

Kahr ships with 6 round mag and 7 round (with pinkie grip). The 7 round doesn't fit in holster under gun, so I bought extra small one. Could actually keep the 7 rounder in gun, but it sticks out a little too far for my tastes.

As it is, this baby is VERY quick to get into action; especially if you already had hand in pocket looking nonchalant. Push off extra mag with fingers as you grab grip, can draw and fire literally in 1.5 sec from time hand touches gun. Whole rig is 6x4.5x1.25 inch. 6+1 in pistol, extra 6 handy. Lotta firepower for such a compact package,eh?

- OS

4 inch bull barrel

Height is 5.5" and about 7.5" long.

Weight... loaded... eh i'd say 2.3 - 2.5 lbs.

Does anyone around 180 lbs carry a 2lb cc weapon? Is it doable or just not happenin? Thanks

I'm only 5'10 and weigh around 150 lbs. Its not as hard as you think.

Edited by sling
Does anyone around 180 lbs carry a 2lb cc weapon? Is it doable or just not happenin? Thanks

My SP101 is about that heavy. It is the size as mutch as it is the weight. Find a goold holster and a good belt and it is no problem.

The problem is that if you are in good shape and are about that size with a 30 inch waistline...it is very hard to hide it in the summer without using a shoulder rig or just switching to pocket carry using a P3AT or J-Frame

Ok thanks. I am so confused on what to carry, caliber, capacity, color, finish, brand, flavor, salty or sweet, trigger or no trigger, rear facing octagonal latitudinal bi-directional multi-function kill switch, or a potato gun? LOL

:koolaid:

It’s confusing because you are looking for the perfect gun and it isn’t out there. Everything is application driven. You have to match a gun to your application.

Guest bkelm18

I agree with everything that's been said. There is no perfect carry gun. You have to compromise somewhere. You just have to find a gun that matches what you want the closest. If you have a good sturdy belt and a quality holster, you can carry a full size 1911 and barely know its there.

No need for the perfect gun, then you wouldn't have an excuse to buy several. Get a good BUG and your prefered primary. Between those 2, you can carry anywhere. After that, buy your larger guns that may just be nightstand or range pistols.

Guest bkelm18
No need for the perfect gun, then you wouldn't have an excuse to buy several. Get a good BUG and your prefered primary. Between those 2, you can carry anywhere. After that, buy your larger guns that may just be nightstand or range pistols.

Or nightstand or range rifles. :koolaid:

I carry a Para Warthog and it is light! It conceals very easily and I am more accurate with it that even I would expect. I love it but..... I did get to hold a new G30SF the other night and I think the Warthog got jealous. I really like what Glock did with that one!

• 2 weeks later...