Colt 10mm Delta Elite Stainless

Superposed

I have a Colt 10mm Delta Elite Stainless.  The handgun is at least 15 years old.  It is great shape and fired very little (I have only shot 1 round through it since I owned it).   Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on what this handgun is worth?

Any information is appreciated.

If it goes on gunbroker expect to get $1000, try and sell one locally in Chattanooga and I guarantee you $650 is about all you will get offered. I tried selling one for my uncle a couple of years ago. I ended up trading it ~$700 and giving him cash.

If it goes on gunbroker expect to get $1000, try and sell one locally in Chattanooga and I guarantee you $650 is about all you will get offered. I tried selling one for my uncle a couple of years ago. I ended up trading it ~$700 and giving him cash.

No way I'd let it go for that. I'd keep it first, but that's just me

I have a Colt 10mm Delta Elite Stainless.  The handgun is at least 15 years old.  It is great shape and fired very little (I have only shot 1 round through it since I owned it).   Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on what this handgun is worth?

Any information is appreciated.

I hate to be negative here but I bought a Cold Double Eagle 10MM in 1992; sold it in 1997.  I love Colt and I love 10MM but that particular marriage with Cold officiating just didn't work to well.

The frame just wasn't beefed up enough for the round (IMHO) and if I recall, the trigger/trigger guard was a problem as well.  That said, I don't think you are going to find the kind of offers you would like or think you should get. I'm not saying it's a bad gun but I think the problems it had has and will continue to depress its value.

I am not looking to sell it.  I was thinking of giving it to my nephew as a Christmas present.  Just wondering what I was "giving" him.  

He has always wanted a 10mm.  I know it is a "Colt" but is it a quality firearm as far as shooting and holding up?

Well, it is a Colt but still from a questionable time period for Colt. The 1911 platform was not really designed for the high pressure of 10mm, many will not own a 1911 10mm for that reason. Who knows how any rounds will break it, if it is possible. There is some collector value to a few if perfect. A far as it being a shooter, IMO it is not. Edited by Patton
  • Like 2

I am not looking to sell it.  I was thinking of giving it to my nephew as a Christmas present.  Just wondering what I was "giving" him.  

He has always wanted a 10mm.  I know it is a "Colt" but is it a quality firearm as far as shooting and holding up?

I currently have one 10MM in 1911 platform, a Dan Wesson.  It's a much better shooter than my Double Eagle ever was but I'm considering selling it too.  I've pretty much become convinced that the Glock 20 is the best platform for 10MM.

I suspect that if you give this DE to your nephew he'll end up not liking the 10MM round when it's actually the gun that's the weak link.

There is a reason I only fired one round through this gun.  I did not care for it.  I am mainly a shotgun/revolver person and have had very little experience with Colt semi-automatics.  I got it as repayment for some money I loaned a gun dealer friend.  I don't want to give my nephew something that will only be a problem.

Colt had a bit of a problem with the 10mm cracking frames.  It was always at the same spot though, right above the slide stop on the left side of the gun.  They started on later guns to just mill that little bit of the frame rail away, fixed the problem perfectly.  Deltas are excellent guns.  Some 10mm magazines are pretty bad, I've had really good luck with Metalform 8 rounders and Chip McCormick 9 rounders.  Wilson is making 10mm magazines again as well, I'm sure they're GTG.

• Like 1
If it has only been shot once you could probably get upwards of $1000 In my experience guns over $500 are nearly impossible to sale. Even if it is a great deal it's hard for people to come up with that kind of money. With that said, give it to your nephew and save yourself the hassle.
Guest TankerHC

Cant tell you "what someone would pay" of course but according to the 2014 Blue Book

Delta Elite 1987-1996 MFG. Neoprene grips

100% - $925, 98% - $750, 95% - $625, 90% - $600, 80% - $500, 70% - $475, 60% -$450  (Last MSR  - $807)

Delta Elite 1st Editiion (1991 Mfg) - 100% $1050, 98% - $850, 95% - $675, 90% - $625, 80% - $525 (Laser engraving with gold fill,  ( smooth wooden grips)

Stainless Model 100% - $925, 98% - $725, 95% - $625, 80% - $575

Elite 1st Edition (1988 MFG with stamped lettering, ebony grips, no display case, only 1000 manufactured) 100% - $1050, 98% - $900, 95% - $725, 90% - $650, 80% - $550

Delta Elite With Cocobolo Diamond Laser Cut Grips and Colt emblem on both grips, White Dot sites

100% - $925, 98% - $800, 95% - $700, 80% - $600

Delta Gold Cup

Stainless (MFG 1989-1993 and re-relased 1995-1996, Accro Adjustable rear sight and trigger, wraparound combat grips) - 100% - $1000, 98% - $800, 95% - $700, 90% - $600, 80% - $550

Blue - (Same as stainless except blue) 100% - $950, 98% - $925, 95% - $750, 90% - $675, 80% - $550