Went a little nuts with spray paint and the Tavor...

I've been spraying the Aervo (Brownells has it pretty cheap) for years now.  I'm a big fan.. very user friendly and holds up much better than I would have ever expected.  Interestingly enough, I just picked up a can of Rustoleum "Camo" spray in just the shade I was looking for, I may give it a shot this weekend. 

[quote name="dcloudy777" post="1074250" timestamp="1386348706"] I've been spraying the Aervo (Brownells has it pretty cheap) for years now. I'm a big fan.. very user friendly and holds up much better than I would have ever expected. Interestingly enough, I just picked up a can of Rustoleum "Camo" spray in just the shade I was looking for, I may give it a shot this weekend.[/quote] Good deal man, I've had good luck with other rattle cans when I baked the parts at 300 degrees for around an hour. Makes it a lot tougher to scratch and such. With the one I'm doing I eventually want it to have that "worn and battered" look, but I'm baking it on because I want it to be honestly worn and beaten Edited by KKing
  • Like 1

I use the Rustoleum on mine. I found it doesn't hold up real well unless you use a clear coat and also let it cure a lot longer. I do like how matte it is and the colors. I use AERVO matte clear coat.

Good deal man, I've had good luck with other rattle cans when I baked the parts at 300 degrees for around an hour. Makes it a lot tougher to scratch and such. With the one I'm doing I eventually want it to have that "worn and battered" look, but I'm baking it on because I want it to be honestly worn and beaten

Yep.  Rustoleum is good stuff, but only when it's properly cured.  That means not handling it for at least a week and/or baking it to ensure it cures.  The "dry in 10 minutes" stuff is misleading.  While it may appear dry, it's not cured. 

I'm sorry, but this is the first thing that came to mind :D

megaforce-01.jpg

***edit*** That's Barry Bostwick in "Megaforce" for those that may not know of this glory.

I don't know anything about the movie but I would sure take of those buggies.