Vortex Strikefire @ Cabela's $119

Peace

- what is your take on it?  Would you put it on an HD rig?

Its the best value in red dots.  and at that price its a down right bargin.  For HD I would think an Eotech would be better just for wider field of view, but you are talking $350 MORE dallars.  you wont be disapointed with the strikefire, its a great little red dot. 

Been browsing da TUBITYDOO and everyone is not only impressed with these optics(Strikefire and Sparc) but have put them through the wringer, seems like it's not only a quality optic but can put up with abuse. Sure if you're overseas working in the sandbox you'd want something more impressive but for here in the climate zone we live in, I think they'll work JUST fine for a long time.

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 1
[quote name="Dustbuster" post="1081907" timestamp="1387578134"]use code 3rewards for free shipping, i just ordered one, good deal thanks for the heads up!! saved me 14.95[/quote] Saved a lot more than that with the total deal. I'll say again this is a great value. I wouldn't sell my used one for that. Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 1

I saw em in the past. but jumped on the deal as well.Someone told me its the special Greg Chen/Phil Robertson promotional edition from vortex.It comes w the ten commandments on the bottom of the reticle and the turret caps are rainbow colored  :rofl:

Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 1
I am kind of considering the Sparc since it is a 2moa dot instead of the 4moa on the Strikefire. Both have the 2x magnification feature, does anyone know how that would work with a 3x flip up magnifier? Could you get 6x magnification with the 2moa dot?
I read a few things about the magnifier affecting the Eotech dot, but not all red dot systems so not sure if the Sparc dot would be affected or if the magnification would stack to get the 6x.

I am trying to decide between a red dot system and a traditional scope with QD mount.

I am kind of considering the Sparc since it is a 2moa dot instead of the 4moa on the Strikefire. Both have the 2x magnification feature, does anyone know how that would work with a 3x flip up magnifier? Could you get 6x magnification with the 2moa dot?
I read a few things about the magnifier affecting the Eotech dot, but not all red dot systems so not sure if the Sparc dot would be affected or if the magnification would stack to get the 6x.

I am trying to decide between a red dot system and a traditional scope with QD mount.

I think Vortex makes a magnifier for both the SF and Sparc. 

EDIT:Yes, yes they do make one. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XVOVMX3T&name=Vortex+VMX-3T+3X+Magnifier&groupid=84

Edited by whitewolf001
I knew they had the magnifier, but I cannot find anything clear that says if the magnifiers stack 2x times 3x for total 6x or if end result is only the 3x add-on magnification only. After some additional reading it seems like the dot remains at 2moa even with the flip up magnifier so answers one question.

I knew they had the magnifier, but I cannot find anything clear that says if the magnifiers stack 2x times 3x for total 6x or if end result is only the 3x add-on magnification only. After some additional reading it seems like the dot remains at 2moa even with the flip up magnifier so answers one question.

You mean like this?

F7CD364B-193E-4549-9422-EFC16DA265C9-136

That doesn't work really, your better off getting a real adjustable red dot if you want that level of magnification.

The flip up magnifier works fairly well but if I had to do it all over again I'd spend the money on a Bushnell like this. and IMO be out ahead. http://bushnell.com/tactical/rifle-scopes/ar-optics/1-4x-24mm-throw-down-pcl
  • Like 1