I am so tired of liers

LI0NSFAN

One of my favorites is when your dealing with older cars that only had 5 digits on the odometer. No matter how old the car is or what kinda shape it's in, they never have over 100,000 miles on them. They will flat out tell you it's never been rolled over. Really.... the car is 25 years old and you have had it for two month's and you are swearing up and down its original miles.

• Like 1

I kinda resent the fact that someone stated that all salesmen make more money the better they lie. Poor salesmen do lie to there customers. Good salesmen help a customer make an informed decision. Being a salesman, it really makes it hard to help someone make an informed decision when they assume you are lying to them. A salesman who lies has the same problem as a person that lies. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

That would be me, I have been in the service world all my life,

sales will promise the moon and want service to get for little or nothing.

When I go to buy something, I know what it will cost, how much it cost to ship.

Dont need a sales person for me to buy.

In this day and time do research, make a few calls, buy with out talking to a sales person.

A sales person is the very reason I will not buy a car off of a lot, their cut is money out of my pocket.

my little brother bought a horse one time, was told he was in perfect health because they just had a vet check him.also told him he was "kid broke" for riding. That dang horse tried to kill me when I rode him! And he died three days later (not because I rode it...) Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

The phrase "kid broke" is almost enough to turn me away from a horse by itself. If you advertise a horse as "kid broke", everything else about it is going to have to be absolutely perfect for me to bother with driving out to look at it. Too many people just have no idea what they're talking about. Just because your 8 year old sat on the horse in a round pen does not mean it's a kid safe horse- and even then, kids are different! The last horse I bought I went and looked at three different times and had my own vet check him out before I paid for him, and he wasn't "kid broke". When I saddled him up at the seller's farm the first time, the lady even asked me "Are you sure you want to try and get on him?" :lol:

About 7-8 years ago I was shopping for a used truck, and found what looked like the perfect truck at a lot up in Kentucky, about three hours from home. Called the place, "Oh yeah, it's in great shape. I'll be here for sure when you come to look at it." Took a day off work and drove up there. Nobody was there, the bed of the truck was bent and had rubbed a hole in the back of the cab and there was a 1" hole drilled in the roof that looked like it used to have a CB antenna there. Paint damage, interior damage, etc that wasn't in the pictures. Called the seller, he swore he'd never noticed any of the problems I was describing. 

Buyers can be just as bad. If I had a nickel for everybody that's told me "Yep, I'll take it!" and never showed up I could go buy a nice old 45-70. :)

Edited by 56FordGuy

Back about 10 years ago when it seemed that it was a lot more popular to buy cars off of E-bay my family bought a few.  I think that was before gas got really expensive and it wasn't that big of a deal to fly 1000 miles away and drive your new car back.  My brother bought a truck that was about 10 years old.  Looked good in the pics and my brother asked the dealer if it had any rust to which the dealer replied none.  So my brother flies up to Connecticut gets off the plane and the dealer meets him outside of the airport with the truck.  First thing that went wrong was that brother had already had a check made for the winning price of the auction, the dealer told him that there was a non negotiable $300 doc fee which had not been listed in the auction.  Upon walking around the truck he fond rust completely through in both rear fender wells.  When he asked the dealer about he just replied "We wouldn't call that rust here in Connecticut."  Basically my brother told him that he wasn't paying the doc fee but would still take the truck at the auction price, or he would go buy another plane ticket home.  He drove the truck home. 

Guest TankerHC

Back about 10 years ago when it seemed that it was a lot more popular to buy cars off of E-bay my family bought a few.  I think that was before gas got really expensive and it wasn't that big of a deal to fly 1000 miles away and drive your new car back.  My brother bought a truck that was about 10 years old.  Looked good in the pics and my brother asked the dealer if it had any rust to which the dealer replied none.  So my brother flies up to Connecticut gets off the plane and the dealer meets him outside of the airport with the truck.  First thing that went wrong was that brother had already had a check made for the winning price of the auction, the dealer told him that there was a non negotiable $300 doc fee which had not been listed in the auction.  Upon walking around the truck he fond rust completely through in both rear fender wells.  When he asked the dealer about he just replied "We wouldn't call that rust here in Connecticut."  Basically my brother told him that he wasn't paying the doc fee but would still take the truck at the auction price, or he would go buy another plane ticket home.  He drove the truck home. 

Had a similar experience 30+ years ago. At the time I had just sold my 67 GTO and had bought a 71 Super Bee. so I was looking at a lot of Classic Car mags and came across a 55 Belair in Indianapolis. I was at Knox at the time. It was basically what you would call a giveaway price, I wasnt looking to buy but showed it to friends and the picture was B&W but the description indicated it had been fully restored. Everyone agreed it's a "If you have the money, you should buy, if nothing else you can resell it". Called the seller, he confirmed the description and told me everything he had done to the car. Took a four day pass, flew from Louisville to Indianapolis, with cash in pocket and same thing, fully intent on driving it back. Get there, from 30 feet away beautiful car, walk up, you could just about push your fingers straight through both rear quarter panels. It had a pro paint job, was yellow with a white roof, but the guy had painted over rust! I dont know how he expected to get away with that, but after pointing out the both rear quarterpanels were just about completely rusted out and asking why he would paint over rust, he told me that thats the way restorers do it because they want to keep it original. Oh yea, thats how they do it. What he was actually selling was a paintedover restoration project. And to be fair, anyone who would have been looking for a restoration project for maybe 1000 less it would have been a fair price on a 55 two door that was complete and running. But thats how it should have been listed, not as a fully restored 55. Either way I had a good time partying in Indianapolis, only time I got to go to the Racing Museum and flew home Monday night. I dont know if Indianaplois has gone the way of most other big cities, but back then it was nice and a fun town to run around in, so it wasnt a loss. 

I've spotted two liars on TGO this morning alone.  Not lying about anything that really matters, seems they just want some attention I guess.  Still don't get why people feel a need to lie on the internet to feel important.

Probably the same reason you have people that get these huge man crushes on random people on the Internet because they talk a good game. I completely get the idea behind forums and I like them, obviously, but I don't get this sense of celebrity that sometimes comes with it. 

• Like 1

The phrase "kid broke" is almost enough to turn me away from a horse by itself. If you advertise a horse as "kid broke", everything else about it is going to have to be absolutely perfect for me to bother with driving out to look at it. Too many people just have no idea what they're talking about. Just because your 8 year old sat on the horse in a round pen does not mean it's a kid safe horse- and even then, kids are different! The last horse I bought I went and looked at three different times and had my own vet check him out before I paid for him, and he wasn't "kid broke". When I saddled him up at the seller's farm the first time, the lady even asked me "Are you sure you want to try and get on him?" :lol:

About 7-8 years ago I was shopping for a used truck, and found what looked like the perfect truck at a lot up in Kentucky, about three hours from home. Called the place, "Oh yeah, it's in great shape. I'll be here for sure when you come to look at it." Took a day off work and drove up there. Nobody was there, the bed of the truck was bent and had rubbed a hole in the back of the cab and there was a 1" hole drilled in the roof that looked like it used to have a CB antenna there. Paint damage, interior damage, etc that wasn't in the pictures. Called the seller, he swore he'd never noticed any of the problems I was describing. 

Buyers can be just as bad. If I had a nickel for everybody that's told me "Yep, I'll take it!" and never showed up I could go buy a nice old 45-70. :)

Same with "  No Spook, Bombproof" .cracks me up.

.I know my horse is well broke.. but still throws a fit when he sees Turkeys.. but doesn't mind chickens.. :shrug:

• Like 1

Same with "  No Spook, Bombproof" .cracks me up.
.I know my horse is well broke.. but still throws a fit when he sees Turkeys.. but doesn't mind chickens.. :shrug:

I know your horse is good with kids, my kid can attest to that. Olive still talks about it when she sees a horse.
  • Like 1

car salesman lie.  car dealer lie even more. i got three friends/drinking buddies in the car business in upper level management.  it take several minutes when we meet for them to stop and come back to the real world.   people lie when they say the car at 175,00 miles is all highway miles.   some gun sellers lie.  had a guy tell me that his marlin 1894 was the deluxe model and he want deluxe money for it.  but i did my research and found that the gun was a 1973 year model and they did not make a deluxe in that gun until 2008/09.  told the guy the facts. he said he call marlin factory and they told him it was a deluxe.  i walked away.  i do not have time for these people.  now days you have the net to research before you buy.  do not go into a deal with out the facts.    i like the one when they tell you they have shot 20 rounds through the gun.  then you ask them for the rest of the box of ammo with the gun, they say they don't have it.  that tell me they shot 50 rounds plus, not 20 rounds.  so, buyer beware is the best way to go into any deal these days.