M&P or Glock

I shot Dlmedows's M&P today after the match and chewed the middle of the target out. I have NEVER shot a gun more accurately in my hands. I can't do it with my Glocks. I can't do it with my Kimber 1911. I can't do it with HK USP. I am really thinking about dropping an apex trigger in my M&P 9 and see what it does. If it shoots that well or close to it, would you think that is a sign to change brands?

Edited by Spiffy
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

Even if you don't go all the way over to the M&P, it is worth it to drop an Apex trigger in yours. If you plan on using it for competition purposes then get the Forward Set Sear trigger kit. It isn't so much a trigger as a work of art.

• Like 1

Even if you don't go all the way over to the M&P, it is worth it to drop an Apex trigger in yours. If you plan on using it for competition purposes then get the Forward Set Sear trigger kit. It isn't so much a trigger as a work of art.

+1 for Apex Tactical.  :up:

I have the complete Apex Competition Action Enhancement kit on my 9Pro...., but it was only later when I installed the RAM (Reset Assist Mechanism) that I felt I had a trigger that was just right.

Beats me why S&W can't or won't make the Pro that way right out of the box. 

I've got 2 M&P's with the Apex sear and striker block upgrades. In the process of getting another M&P to send off to L&M to get milled for an RMR.

I used to carry Glocks and H&K USP's and my absolute best out of the box shooting carry gun was an old Kimber Custom II. However, I'm M&P all the way for carry guns now. Excellent shooters, great reliability, and I'm comfortable with them and shoot well with them, even on a bad day. I'm not against the other brands but after having owned and shot/carried the others, this platform is the best for me. If you do make the changeover, you won't regret it.

I shot Dlmedows's M&P today after the match and chewed the middle of the target out. I have NEVER shot a gun more accurately in my hands. I can't do it with my Glocks. I can't do it with my Kimber 1911. I can't do it with HK USP. I am really thinking about dropping an apex trigger in my M&P 9 and see what it does. If it shoots that well or close to it, would you think that is a sign to change brands?

Can you do it with your M&P without the kit?

Can you do it with your M&P without the kit?

Nope! It's combat accurate like my Glocks. I can keep everything in the -0 or A zone but not tear it up like that.  I guess my Glock is almost stock as the only mod I have it in is a Ghost Rocket. The G34 is OEM "-" connector.

whatever you shot best, my vote is a Dan Burwell M & P. just not go lighter than 2.75# or it no longer crisp, just soft.

I'm really torn between geting the apex kit for my 9mm or just get the 45 and the kit for it.  I might have to shoot super shooter Dalton Wilson's core and see if it's the same.

The only thing I don't like about my 9 is that the auto forward will never pick up that 1st round when I reload........

The "auto forward" reload from slide lock is the one "feature" of the M&P that I don't like.

I prefer sending the slide forward into battery myself during the reload.  That may be an old training scar for me.  Having a USGI issued 1911 do a auto forward was a sure sign that the top round wasn't going to be picked up.

I admit that its nice having the speed of the auto forward - - - IF it was 100% all the time.  So far my 9Pro is about 99% of the time.

Of course that 1% is always during a stage where the COF forces a final reload to take one last shot!  :yuck:   

Get the extra power mag springs from SSS and it will fix that.

Thanks for that tip! Even if I don't use it for IDPA full time it's going to be my backup gun since I got spare parts for the G35 for everything but slide and a frame.

Get the extra power mag springs from SSS and it will fix that.

I do not use extra power springs, my guns are not set up for that. and what extra power recoil springs do is slam the side forward harder causing the front sight to nose dive.