Anti gun converstion

rugerla1

I've got one here I've almost converted to being a Libertarian, though his insanely liberal friends keep dragging him back to the argument of "banning high cap mags", I've more or less stopped trying as it's like trying to run up an icy slope on roller blades. -_-

Edited by whitewolf001
I always said growing up that I didn't need a glock to support the shooting sports that I enjoy. As I have gotten older an have seen the more you give the more they take stance of gun grabbers I will fight against any gun control legislation and I still don't own a glock but do have an xd and several other handguns. Oops I forgot I lost those in a boating accident last year. What don't they understand about "shall not be infringed!!!!!" JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

Through my own stupidity I learned not to bring up the issue, nor to open my mouth if someone else does. I'm through trying to debate imbeciles, even the ones in my own family.

I bring it up whenever I can when talking to a known liberal. I don't usually blatantly bring it up but rather slip it into an unrelated conversation. For an example, say you're exchanging a typical greeting such as " me: how are you? them: find how have you been? how was your weekend? me: oh it was great, my wife and I had a great day at the gun range" etc... You can just watch the discomfort take them over because by now they know that I can usually make them feel less than good about themselves when they try to spew the baseless verbal diarrhea that is liberal illogic.
I save those kind of exchanges for the truly hopeless such as Rugerla's coworker but on the flip side if I know someone is just repeating what they've heard on TV and I feel like there's a chance that a tactful conversation full of facts and points to disprove what they've heard could sway their beliefs, I'll go that route. I consider it a win/win deal. I either have fun watching them squirm as their talking points get ripped to shreds or I get some satisfaction knowing that I may have changed someone's view or at least planted a seed that hopefully someone else will fertilize.
  • Like 1

I've got one here I've almost converted to being a Libertarian, though his insanely liberal friends keep dragging him back to the argument of "banning high cap mags", I've more or less stopped trying as it's like trying to run up an icy slope on roller blades. -_-

I can't stand the liberal "high cap mag" or "high cap ammunition clip" BS. Next time he brings it up ask him what is a "high cap mag"? How many rounds must a mag hold for it to fall under the "high cap mag" blanket? My only store bought (did not build myself) AR came STANDARD with a 30rd mag. Now I would assume that if I replaced my standard capacity (30rd) mag with a SureFire 60 or 100 round mag or a 100rd Beta mag then one could say that I've added a "high cap mag" but that's not their point. The liberals are to ignorant to speak intelligibly on the subject on firearms and their accessories so they picked a phrase that they could repeat over and over again until ugh... even firearms enthusiast, retailers and manufacturers refer to them as high cap mags. Maybe we don't acknowledge the term "high cap mag"  as an evil thing like the liberals do but when we use the term and other more neutral folks hear us use it, they assume that we are talking about the same evil items that they hear getting blamed for everything from a kid falling  of a skateboard and scraping his knee to actual shootings that may and may not have had a "high capacity mag" in play. 

Whitewolf001 i'm not talking about you repeating what your coworker said but it got me thinking about all the different people and companies that i hear use the term. One of the most notorious offenders that I have personally seen is www.CDNNinvestments.com .I am signed up to receive their internet specials email every other day and pretty much any mag they sell that is for a gun bigger than a single stack pocket pistol is boasted as being a "HIGH CAP MAG". Even the pistols and rifles that they sell with only the factory mag included will have 1 HIGH CAP MAG inc, in big bold print somewhere on the ad. It's almost like they are calling them that to appeal to the rebellious sector that thinks they are really living on the edge when they purchase a mag that is touted as being one of those evil high cap mags but the way I look at it is that they are only fueling the libs fire by not just stating the number of rounds the mag is capable of holding. I guess i'll get off my soapbox now.  :rant:

Whitewolf keep working on the guy you mentioned, it sure sounds like you've got at least a fighting chance with this one!

• Like 1
It makes me so happy to work where I work. We all love guns and have a show and tell whenever someone gets a new toy. We buy sell and trade here in the middle of the work day all the time. And if the boss sees it he comes over to see if its something he may be interested for himself. If not he comments on your firearm and goes on his way.

It makes me so happy to work where I work. We all love guns and have a show and tell whenever someone gets a new toy. We buy sell and trade here in the middle of the work day all the time. And if the boss sees it he comes over to see if its something he may be interested for himself. If not he comments on your firearm and goes on his way.

Where is this little slice of paradise that you call work?