What do you all think? (Drop in Tac-Con 3MR trigger

Guest TankerHC

Nice! If that is the same son as the one at the range when I met you? If so, he's growing like a weed! :up:

Same one, he's in high school now, how time flys...
Back on topic if this trigger works relative good my plan is to buy a lower and put my BF shrike upper on it and beat that lower instead of 16 lower...
  • 3 weeks later...
After reading some real world reviews from folks getting their hands on this trigger, I sent TAC-CON an email to cancel my order.

It just doesn't look like the average guy can get anywhere near machine-gun ROF and too many say it is hard to sustain fire as if it is harder to do a mag dump in the 3rd mode than in their semi mode.

Plus, I'm seeing Timney and Geissele SD3G trigger getting better ROF than guys with the Tac-Con 3MR. :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EcyoJwKm5l8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EcyoJwKm5l8

AR15.com thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/627922_Tactical_Fire_Control.html&page=67

I'm still amazed that people would pay $500 for what amounts to a bump fire trigger.  All from some new company with no history of excellence.   I mean, I get that auto(ish) can be fun....but not when you're paying for the ammo.

It's not a bump fire trigger.

It is an auto-reset, meaning the bolt moving back resets the trigger for you and the pull is really short. It's still a semi auto one pull of the trigger per round fired.

That said, the concept or idea is great, but this trigger needs a lot more refinement to actually work like people think it should.

I'm going to order 2 Geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun (SD-3G) triggers in its place and call it a day. :up:

I'll take your word for it.   The videos I watched showed guys with a crappy, loose grip and the rifle bounced around on their shoulder.  I just watched some of that video you posted and there were a couple times where the guy had 2-3 fingers off the grip.  It seems like a gimmick trigger.

I haven't really followed that Arfcom thread but some of the responses I read, the guys seemed very underwhelmed.

Just a guess but I'd wager that you'd be much happier with your SD3G's.

It's not a bump fire trigger.

It is an auto-reset, meaning the bolt moving back resets the trigger for you and the pull is really short. It's still a semi auto one pull of the trigger per round fired.

That said, the concept or idea is great, but this trigger needs a lot more refinement to actually work like people think it should.

I'm going to order 2 Geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun (SD-3G) triggers in its place and call it a day. :up:

Now you're talkin'