What do you all think? (Drop in Tac-Con 3MR trigger

Guest TankerHC

I've been following this for a little while on AR15.com (like 40+ pages by now), I wasn't going to be the first cat that plops down $500 for preordering until I start seeing real life comments and videos of the average Joe shooting it..

It defiantly will not act like a true select fire weapon and it's sures got my vote over a bump fire stock..

I've been following this for a little while on AR15.com (like 40+ pages by now), I wasn't going to be the first cat that plops down $500 for preordering until I start seeing real life comments and videos of the average Joe shooting it..

It defiantly will not act like a true select fire weapon and it's sures got my vote over a bump fire stock..

One thread (the 14 page one) turned in to a pissing match by a bunch of haters and it got locked. :popcorn:

I already pre-ordered one. I'm order # 2046. :up:

When I get it, I'll post a review. :cool:

So does it mechanically reset itself or am I misunderstanding what you're referring to?

From what I read online, it is a positive reset trigger.

Tac-Conâ„¢ 3MR Trigger shipments to begin end of 2013 or beginning of 2014.

The 3MR is a drop-in 3-mode fire control system with Safe, Semi-Automatic, and Tac-Conâ„¢'s patented 3rd Mode.  The 3rd mode has a positive reset that dramatically reduces the split times between shots. The positive reset characteristic is achieved by transferring the force from the bolt carrier through the trigger assembly to assist the trigger back onto the front sear. As a result, this gives the firearm the fastest reset possible. Both semi and 3rd mode positions exhibit a non-adjustable 4.5 pound trigger pull weight.

Compatibility: Weapons using AR-15 Mil-Spec style Fire Control Groups

This product ATF Approved

Seems the trigger resets forward, so all you have to do is pull the trigger as fast as you can, and that trigger pull is REALLY short.

The video in this post explains it.... http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/627896_TacCon_3MR_Trigger_system.html&page=13#i6297487

Edited by JohnC

Proof?

Look at the design.

As the hammer comes back it hits the rear of the trigger. And when it hits the rear of the trigger it presses the rear of the trigger down and when it presses down on the rear of the trigger it forces the trigger pad forward. Not saying the trigger slap will be bad just saying the trigger itself is being forced forward by a fast moving bolt and that is the same as every other gun that suffers from trigger slap. The leverage used forces the trigger forward as the bolt comes rearward. And depending on the amount of trigger movement the trigger slap can be quite painful. Ask anyone who owned one of the MAC11's that were converted to semi auto from full auto guns. The standard fix was to put a piece of rubber tubing on the trigger to cushion the slap but even then it got quite painful.

A real big concern I have is how it is going to affect an aluminum lower. The fulcrum point is the trigger pin hole. If you are applying pressure to the trigger and then the trigger you are applying pressure to is forced forward there has to be some additional friction and pressure applied to the trigger pin. And I am afraid that additional friction and pressure will cause the steel pins to cause the trigger pin hole to become egg shaped with use. Maybe not with those who shoot a few mags a month but lets not kid ourselves, those who would buy this trigger are going to be shooting hundreds of rounds at a time. 9mm AR's suffered from this as well and that is why 9mm AR's required a different hammer.

Another concern I have is reliability. Basically your finger pressure is applying pressure to trigger and that pressure is applied to the hammer which in turn applies pressure to the bottom of the carrier as it moves rearward. The more pressure on the trigger is going to translate to more friction applied to the bottom of the bolt carrier and this can cause the bolt carrier to slow depending on how much pressure is applied to the trigger. And the way it is designed there is more leverage to apply more pressure between the hammer and the bottom of the bolt carrier.

I would gladly spend the $500 on the trigger but I am afraid of the two things above. Maybe they are unjustified but I suspect we will start hearing of problems right from the beginning. Perhaps that is why there were not a lot of them sent out to various places for review before they started taking orders.

One thread (the 14 page one) turned in to a pissing match by a bunch of haters and it got locked. :popcorn:

I already pre-ordered one. I'm order # 2046. :up:

When I get it, I'll post a review. :cool:

Once you come over to the FA side you won't go back...LOL

The review's will come and we'll see

How did you get a hold of one? demo? I seen a used one sell on GB for $500...

I'd be curious about the reliability of this trigger after time.

I'm just guessing that they showed it off locally. . .

Tac-Conâ„¢
44047 N 43rd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85087-594   and KingArmory shows Casa Grande, Arizona as his location. (a little over an hour away)
Guest kingarmory

I'm just guessing that they showed it off locally. . .

Tac-Conâ„¢
44047 N 43rd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85087-594   and KingArmory shows Casa Grande, Arizona as his location. (a little over an hour away)

There ya go ;)

How did you get a hold of one? demo? I seen a used one sell on GB for $500...

I'd be curious about the reliability of this trigger after time.

Demo?

When I get mine, you can demo it at Terry's or wherever. :up:

I got my fingers crossed and hope this wasn't a waste of $495.

If it isn't as fast as I expect, It'll get rid of it and I'll buy two SD3G triggers in its place. :yes:

Edited by JohnC

Demo?

When I get mine, you can demo it at Terry's or wherever. :up:

I got my fingers crossed and hope this wasn't a waste of $495.

If it isn't as fast as I expect, It'll get rid of it and I'll buy two SD3G triggers in its place. :yes:

Here's my son at Terry's, he's really fast and it's a milspec trigger..

That's a 100rd nutsack :dirty:

Edited by Johnny Rotten
  • Like 1