Income should be EARNED not DISTRIBUTED

tercel89

Income should be earned and not distributed !  And that is all I have to say ! Yes I am getting rowdy in my older age but this crap is pathetic ! My wife and me witnessed an incident at Walmart in involving a "foodstamp" card and it made us mad ! And when it makes my wife mad then it is pretty bad ! 

• Like 1

It makes me sick all the time. When we are checking out I stand in front of the registers and watch for the "patriotic" cards and what is being bought is disgusting. They are buying stuff we cannot afford but wish we could. What happened to the old days were you got "gov't" cheese, milk, cereal, eggs and a few other minor things. Personally I would like them to send the food directly to the family. It would help the USPS stay afloat and reduce the amount of abuses. And only those who truly need it would want to have blocks of cheese and the few other nutritionally adequate items.

I have said it several times but there is a local lady who uses her EBT card to buy tuna for her cats and it is the expensive packs, not the cans. She brags about how the government is buying her cats tuna. She said she would not buy them tuna if they would let her buy catfood on her EBT card. And she doesn't dress, act or drive a car that suggests she is in need of any benefits yet every month she comes in and buys packs of tuna for her cats.

Something else that is disgusting is that it is illegal to ask for the ID to see if the card matches the user. My brother gave his EBT card to another person to use. The store told me about it and I asked why they accepted it. They said they called the agency that manages the EBT system and they said you cannot ask for ID because of privacy reasons. They said if they did then the store would not be allowed to accept EBT any longer. This only breeds fraud.

BTW, my brother receives Social Security disability for his "mental condition" related to his long ter illegal drug use. His long term drug use has fried his brain so he gets a check, food stamps as well as free healthcare. His benefits and free healthcare has supported his illegal drug habit because he sells his prescription meds and his EBT for illegal drugs. As part of his healthcare he was part of a program where they gave them his drug of choice, opiates, but monitored it and slowly weened him from it. Funny part was he said that when he completed the program he would just piss dirty and he could go right back on the program so for over a year the taxpayers paid for his drug habit. When I found out he was scamming the drug program I quit driving him and at that point they gave him 6 months worth of "doses" at once and expected him to not abuse it. Needless to say his 6 months worth of "doses" didn;t last very long.

The worst part is they can receive a portion of their benefits as cash to spend as they see fit. I watched a couple that were obviously meth users pull cash out of the ATM in front of me using their EBT card.

• Like 1

I was quite the naive person 20 years ago about the system.  I once dated this gal who had a system.  She and her daughter was on TennCare.  Every other week she would develop a severe headache or other illness with pain which required an ER visit, but always a different ER.  She would then receive some percocet or other pain pills.  Then she would go immediately to certain small grocery market in Knoxville, and get cash for each the drugs.  She also would sell the same market her monthly food stamps for $0.50 on the dollar.  She maintained a pay by the week car payment, monthly pagers fees, and she still managed to put gas in her car.  I quickly caught on to her scam, because I was victim too.  I paid for her housing, and food for a couple of months, before I grew a conscious and cut my loses!

I was quite the naive person 20 years ago about the system.  I once dated this gal who had a system.  She and her daughter was on TennCare.  Every other week she would develop a severe headache or other illness with pain which required an ER visit, but always a different ER.  She would then receive some percocet or other pain pills.  Then she would go immediately to certain small grocery market in Knoxville, and get cash for each the drugs.  She also would sell the same market her monthly food stamps for $0.50 on the dollar.  She maintained a pay by the week car payment, monthly pagers fees, and she still managed to put gas in her car.  I quickly caught on to her scam, because I was victim too.  I paid for her housing, and food for a couple of months, before I grew a conscious and cut my loses!

I got scammed by a user as well. For years my brother "borrowed" money. swore he would pay it back but never did. Honestly I knew he couldn't but I ws doing much better than him so I didn't mind helping him out. Every week or two he would hit me or my wife up for money. Towards the end he would even flaunt it by telling us he had a date with "Crystal". I found out later from a mutual friend it ws his way of flaunting the fact he was using the moeny to buy drugs. At the same time my mother would borrow money that I later found out would go to my brother. When I found out I cut them both off as far as getting cash. I told them I would buy them what they needed but I would never hand them cash again. My mother and brother quit talking to me then 3 months later he grabbed an AK, assaulted our mother on his way out of her house then headed to my house to kill my family and me. Luckily LE scared him into the woods before he actually got to my house. We had the SWAT team in a creek in front of our house watching it until he was caught a few hours later. My brother refused to drop the gun but the officers tackled him rather than shoot him. In the end all my brother's charges were dropped by our screwed up courts in our county. Because he is on social security for mental issues they sent him for a mental eval and he was released a week after he assaulted our mother, tried to kill us and then had a standoff with officers. Since then he has been in all kinds of trouble for assaulting our mother and father.

Before he tried to kill us he even bragged about how he was going to kill us but LE said they could not do anything unless he acted. Our county clerk said it was a civil matter and I needed to sue him for slander. I called her and idiot and walked out of the court house.

I have been shot at a lot but the day I thought I was going to have to kill my brother was the scariest day in my life. Luckily the sheriff's office called and gave us a warning that he was on his way.

Then after everything was said and done my mother asked me if it was worth it. She sid if I would have just kept giving them money he wouldn't have tried to kill us. So in the end my mother, father and brother tell people it was our fault for not giving them any more money.

I got scammed by a user as well. For years my brother "borrowed" money. swore he would pay it back but never did. Honestly I knew he couldn't but I ws doing much better than him so I didn't mind helping him out. Every week or two he would hit me or my wife up for money. Towards the end he would even flaunt it by telling us he had a date with "Crystal". I found out later from a mutual friend it ws his way of flaunting the fact he was using the moeny to buy drugs. At the same time my mother would borrow money that I later found out would go to my brother. When I found out I cut them both off as far as getting cash. I told them I would buy them what they needed but I would never hand them cash again. My mother and brother quit talking to me then 3 months later he grabbed an AK, assaulted our mother on his way out of her house then headed to my house to kill my family and me. Luckily LE scared him into the woods before he actually got to my house. We had the SWAT team in a creek in front of our house watching it until he was caught a few hours later. My brother refused to drop the gun but the officers tackled him rather than shoot him. In the end all my brother's charges were dropped by our screwed up courts in our county. Because he is on social security for mental issues they sent him for a mental eval and he was released a week after he assaulted our mother, tried to kill us and then had a standoff with officers. Since then he has been in all kinds of trouble for assaulting our mother and father.

Before he tried to kill us he even bragged about how he was going to kill us but LE said they could not do anything unless he acted. Our county clerk said it was a civil matter and I needed to sue him for slander. I called her and idiot and walked out of the court house.

I have been shot at a lot but the day I thought I was going to have to kill my brother was the scariest day in my life. Luckily the sheriff's office called and gave us a warning that he was on his way.

Then after everything was said and done my mother asked me if it was worth it. She sid if I would have just kept giving them money he wouldn't have tried to kill us. So in the end my mother, father and brother tell people it was our fault for not giving them any more money.

I know I am probably a minority, but I have never knowingly experienced drugs in my immediately family.  Your story is not the first I have heard of similar type drug drama in ones family of loved ones.  I do really sympathize with people like yourself who didn't ask for this drug drama, but had to live it with a heavy laden loving heart.  I couldn't imagine the pain and anguish of having to hurt or even kill my brother while defending my life.  Thank you for sharing. 

As much as I would like to get things fixed, we wont ever get them fixed.

It has to start with the family, my wife's family are all on the government tit.

It started many years ago, her Dad worked in the coal mines in eastern KY.

Unions "HAD" their place, however they grew way to powerful. Dues,

and retirement money went to the leaders and left the worker about broke.

So the unions lobbed the government to "help" with with assentents.

Food stamps, electric bills paid, water, low land taxes, free medical and on and on.

Now 2 generations latter, poorest county in KY. No jobs to speak of, fraud

every where, drugs traded for EBT cards.

It will take 50 to 60 years to "fix" what is broken.

I know a guy who worked as a photographer at Walmart who had people use EBT to pay for family photos.

Once, I was behind a woman at Walmart who was trying to pay with and EBT card.  She had a cart overflowing with stuff.  The only thing that the computer rejected (as in, EBT wouldn't cover) was Monster Energy Drinks.  The customer and the cashier seemed to have some trouble figuring out what was being rejected.  When the cashier realized it was the Monster drink, he then proceeded to explain that they shouldn't get them anyway because the Monster symbol was Hebrew for "666."   She didn't seem to interested. He confirmed that it was true because it was on the Internet.

Usually, I hate shopping at Wal-Mart, but that day was entertaining.  The EBT user looked like she stepped out of the "People of Walmart" book--overweight, wearing shorts with dirty white ankle socks and sandels, which allowed one to see the large rebel flag tattoo on her calf.