Gun height question

bayouvol

The G19 fits your criteria.

The Boberg XR9-L also fits, but it's in a whole different price point than the G19. It's an interesting bullpup pistol design, but too rich for my blood.

Here's Hickok45 reviewing the XR9-S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckyUmldwiDo

Edited by monkeylizard
I am just wondering why no manufacturing companies are doing this. You can hide the slightly longer barrel in the pants without printing but the grip prints. Better ballistics from longer barrel; better concealability with shorter grip.

I am just wondering why no manufacturing companies are doing this. You can hide the slightly longer barrel in the pants without printing but the grip prints. Better ballistics from longer barrel; better concealability with shorter grip.

Have you looked at one of those closely? The mag doesn't have a follower and you load the rounds in nose first. I seriously question it's reliability due to the fact that it relies on 2 extractors to pull the loaded round out of the mag and then pushes it into the chamber. Seems like an unnecessary step. At least they're trying something innovative.

Yes, the grip is the hardest part to conceal, actually I always thought my compact guns carried IWB easier than my subcompacts because the extra barrel length stabilized the entire gun. The XDS is now coming in a 4"barrel.
  • Like 1
Would the current trend of "chopper" pistols work form you? I've seen a number of examples (M&P, Glock, etc) where one would take a full size gun, then modify (cut & shape) the grip to mimic their compact brethren, and then use the compact's magazines. Kinda' nifty. I thought I remembered someone here doing that to an M&P, but I could be confused with another forum.

I thought it was cool... then I just went ahead and bought an M&P9c to hang out with its fullsize 40 brother. Somehow I ended up with a Shield, too. Why cut up one gun, when you can just buy another one! :-)
The XD45C is what you want. In fact it even comes in a tactical version. A 5" barrel with a 4.5" grip. A compact M&P 45 is also very close to your asking. I remember hearing that a subcompact Sig 250 will take a 4.75" barrel and slide.
Also, they make a 4" Ruger Sp101 in 357 Edited by Duck

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_1885.jpg.html]IMG_1885.jpg[/URL]

My Rock Island has a 4" barrel and 5" height. What causes your obsession with the height of a pistol? I imagine several revolver models fit your criteria.