BEST WEEK EVER!!!!!!

So I go to check the mail this evening after getting home from the hospital where my wife is resting with our newborn son (number 1 of the best week ever). A happy and healthy 8 lb. even 20 1/2 inch long precious little boy. And as I am flipping thru the credit apps and the H.G. Hill ad and the car extended warranty crap, U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, but in a white envelope. What no blue envelope, what's wrong? what did I forget? Dammit. So I frantically tear open the envelope and lo and behold.....(number 2 of the best week ever)

DSC01168.jpg

Edited by pops572
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Congratulations!!!! On both the birth of your son and the delivery of your Form 1. I'm anxiously awaiting both of those things myself, but it looks like Form 1 will come back to me much sooner than my son's due date. :D

That being said...

Pics of your SBR???

Pics of your SBR???

Will be coming shortly, I am back at the hospital and Mama and the baby are due to come home today. The upper part of my SBR is at my bro in law's, to be legal, but he is coming over this afternoon when we get home with the baby, and I am going to have him bring it with him. So maybe tonight or definitely by tomorrow. Is this your first baby Tung?

• Administrator
Will be coming shortly, I am back at the hospital and Mama and the baby are due to come home today. The upper part of my SBR is at my bro in law's, to be legal, but he is coming over this afternoon when we get home with the baby, and I am going to have him bring it with him. So maybe tonight or definitely by tomorrow. Is this your first baby Tung?

Understood. Mine is in component form also with the upper and lower being about 30 miles apart from each other.

This is our first together but I've got two from a previous marriage a long time ago. They're the perfect age to babysit. :D

This is our first together but I've got two from a previous marriage a long time ago. They're the perfect age to babysit. :D

Wow, that is my situation exactly. My oldest are 16 and 12. Hey, in case you don't already know, A LOT HAS CHANGED with the labor and delivery process. I got to see more than any man that doesn't have a MD behind his name should ever see!!!

Wow, that is my situation exactly. My oldest are 16 and 12. Hey, in case you don't already know, A LOT HAS CHANGED with the labor and delivery process. I got to see more than any man that doesn't have a MD behind his name should ever see!!!

:D I had front row seats for both of mine 4 years old and 8 months old now. I expected the doctor to ask if I had brought my catchers mitt. I got to cut the umbilical on my first. The doc didn't ask on my second but I'm sure I could have.

Edited by GT_Rat
Guest superdrew4000

My wife and I agreed that I would stand by her head, hold her hand, and never ever look down during the labor/delivery. There are just some things that can't be unseen.

Congrats dude...what a deal. You thought you had spent time contemplating the faults involved with of obtaining your HCP. Now you will have plenty of sleepless nights to think about it even more....haha.

Good luck dude...all the best.

My wife and I agreed that I would stand by her head, hold her hand, and never ever look down during the labor/delivery. There are just some things that can't be unseen.

Yeah, that was kinda what we had in mind. But I wasn't given that option! When it was time to start pushing, it was just me and the nurse and there were 2 legs to be held. So I figured i would just be helping out until the reinforcements came in, but apparently that was my JOB. Anyway the nightmares and cold sweats have started to subside and I have finally stopped with the dry

heaves. :D but seriously, I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

• Administrator
Anyway the nightmares and cold sweats have started to subside and I have finally stopped with the dry

heaves.

Sooner or later, we do tend to forget how gruesome it looked during the labor process and start becoming enamored with that region of the female anatomy once again. Just the same way that our wives forget how mind-bendingly painful it was and start wanting to have another baby. :D

Sooner or later, we do tend to forget how gruesome it looked during the labor process and start becoming enamored with that region of the female anatomy once again. Just the same way that our wives forget how mind-bendingly painful it was and start wanting to have another baby. :D

Truer words have never been spoken. :D

Guest EasilyObsessed

Im still of the opinion that the most disturbing thing to watch is a cesarean section. Reminds me of that scene from one of the Hannibal Lecter movies where he is cutting the guys brain while he is sitting around smiling in a daze. :(

But...Congratz on your awesome week! :panic:

Congrats!! This has been a great week for you. Just curious since I am waiting on a form 1 myself, how long was the turn around time for you? I heard that ATF has slowed down to about 2 months for the form 1's, so I just want to see how your went? What did u "make"? AR I assume? Congrats again.

-Jason G

Guest superdrew4000
Im still of the opinion that the most disturbing thing to watch is a cesarean section. Reminds me of that scene from one of the Hannibal Lecter movies where he is cutting the guys brain while he is sitting around smiling in a daze. :(

But...Congratz on your awesome week! :panic:

An extremely graphic description a friend of my wife's procedure is what led to our agreement. :)

• Administrator
Congrats!! This has been a great week for you. Just curious since I am waiting on a form 1 myself, how long was the turn around time for you? I heard that ATF has slowed down to about 2 months for the form 1's, so I just want to see how your went? What did u "make"? AR I assume? Congrats again.

-Jason G

More like 3 months from door to door. You can almost set your clock by this:

1. 30 days from time your check is cashed to when you go pending

2. 30 days from when you go pending to when your Form 1 is approved

Typically it's at least 20 days before your check is cashed. But those two steps that I listed above seem to be the current trend based on a dozen or more that I've seen posted about elsewhere.