Sinkhole swallows Corvettes in Bowling Green!

I wonder what they will do. They will have to build another museum elsewhere. Can't just fill it in. If they do though they could fill it in with ol' Mustangs and Camaros...

Maybe they should build a luxury resort there & then give free memberships to Obama & his staff. I wonder how much crap that hole could hold?   :usa:

• Like 2

Knowing they have sinkholes.. Why  even consider ....,..nm..its Kentucky...

On a serious note, having one's 'Vette displayed at the NCM adds some prestige to its pedigree. Similar to winning 1st place at big car shows. Every little bit helps raise the value of the car. It's an affirmation from the 'Vette gods at NCM that your car is something special in the 'Vette world. They don't let Bubba'd out beaters in that place.

This will make it harder for them to get great loaner cars. How much more difficlut remains to be seen.

I hope they are able to get a crane to salvage them and maybe have their at least restored.

They plan to. GM is going to have them shipped to one of their shops in Michigan for restoration, if they can get them out of the hole. Some may not be salvagable but they won't know that until they clear off the dirt and debris and pull them up.

I wonder too if some of the cars that aren't "too" bad like the blue one you see sitting upright if after being repaired might make them worth a little more actually... 1 of the 8 famous sinkhole cars. :P

A fool and his money are soon parted...

• Like 1

I can't believe they've left the museum open and only closed that one area.  I wouldn't go anywhere near it.  Mammoth Cave is just down the road from there... it's prime area for sink holes. 

Lost River cave is closer. Freaks me out a bit now to think I was in it.

They said on the news they were going to fill it back in...? I don't see that as being very practical or safe.

I was thinking the same thing, but that's usually what they do with most sink holes. I have a friend who works for TDOT, and I asked him about the sinkhole that happened on the interstate. He said they fill it in and re-pave the road.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...