Fishing season is near. Help keep the waters CLEAN.

Went to a local fishing spot today and cleaned up other peoples trash.

I really should have been doing this earlier in the off season. But I just hadn't done it yet.

I also want to mention for those of you that may not know. YOU CAN AND WILL GET A BUI (Boating Under the Influence) if you drink on the water.

And by all the beer bottles I picked up it looks like it a pretty common problem. If I'm finding them at the BOAT RAMP. I can't imagine all the ones that were sunk.

Come on people help keep our waterways clean.

• Like 3

When I'm out in my kayak, I pick up trash on every trip. The bank fishermen seem to be the worst offenders. Mostly bait containers and food wrappers.

I picked up plenty of that stuff too. There used to be a trash can at the place I went to today. But someone felt the need to shoot the can full of holes.

Not that the trash can help that much anyways.

Went to a local fishing spot today and cleaned up other peoples trash.

I really should have been doing this earlier in the off season. But I just hadn't done it yet.

I also want to mention for those of you that may not know. YOU CAN AND WILL GET A BUI (Boating Under the Influence) if you drink on the water.

And by all the beer bottles I picked up it looks like it a pretty common problem. If I'm finding them at the BOAT RAMP. I can't imagine all the ones that were sunk.

Come on people help keep our waterways clean.

Good on you Sir!!! I commend you!

Dave

Good on you Sir!!! I commend you!

Dave

Thanks I appreciate it.

I in no way want to to draw an special attention to myself by making this post.

Actually a few years ago, I met an older man picking up the banks and he inspired me to do the same.

He told me how he enjoyed fishing so much he felt he needed to clean up the banks and river beds so they don't get shut down

for the kids to fish in the future.

I still haven't forgotten the old man. He made me enjoy the water and fishing even more.

What made me post it was all the beer bottle I found. No that the water is down some they were every where.

I'm sure the trash was there at some time but it was carried down river.

I've always done something similar when hiking. I keep a couple walmart bags in my pack specifically for picking up trash. Now that the boys like fishing, guess I should add a couple I the tackle box too.

People who think the world is their personal garbage can disgust me.
  • Like 1
[quote name="ncldwell" post="1114185" timestamp="1392944375"]I always stick to the "pack out more than you pack in" rule whether fishing, camping, hunting, hiking, whatever...don't litter and pick up when and where possible...[/quote]I wish I could like your post twice. Everyone should live by this. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

I've always done something similar when hiking. I keep a couple walmart bags in my pack specifically for picking up trash. Now that the boys like fishing, guess I should add a couple I the tackle box too.

People who think the world is their personal garbage can disgust me.

I've raised my two with this rule and it is second nature to them now.  Too many people use nature as a garbage can and it continues to get worse as some many things are increasingly disposable.

• Like 2

Anyone who has been up to the steam plant knows that place looks like a third world country in terms of litter. I don't get why people can't pick up after themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That place is pretty nasty! People don't realize their junk is lighter going out than going in. I spend a tremendous amount of time picking up liter on Fort Campbell and Cross Creeks as a volunteer with the USFWS, stuff we shouldn't have to do. I mean come on, what's so hard about carrying an empty soda bottle or worm box out of the woods? I get a big smile on my face every time the Game Warden I do ride-a-longs with breaks out the ticket book!

TVA shut the Steam Plant down a few years ago because of people littering. They'll do it again if we ain't careful!

Dave

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1