US School has American Flag Banned

Guest Phizzle99GST

Here's my take on it...This is the United States of America. We do silly things here like fly our flag, wear it on our shirts, and even as a patch on our hats. If this affends you, pack your bags and get the hell out of here and leave me alone in honoring my country!!!

Dave

For the record, I don't "hate" the public school system.  I simply find that what schools are teaching to be anti-American, anti-liberty and anti-free enterprise.

We see snippets of the truth about whats going on in schools in news stories like the one that started this thread but if one actually looks at the textbooks being used today and some of the videos being shown children most people would find that what is being taught are lies, half-truths and "facts" that run completely contrary to the values and beliefs of the parents.

I don't "hate" public schools...I'm all for public schools that teach the truth...that don't re-wright history to serve an agenda...that will teach children HOW to think rather than WHAT to think...I'm all for public schools and are 100% controlled by the LOCAL PARENTS WHO HAVE CHILDREN IN THEM rather than by the state or, lord help us, by the federal government. Unfortunately, today we have the latter rather than the former. So...until such time as that changes, I encourage everyone to put their children in private school or to home school or at the very least, be prepared to spend a lot of hours every week teaching their children what they should be taught and how they should be taught in public school but aren't being taught.

Either way the decision is confusing. The American flag ban was deemed constitutional because there were threats of violence from the "pro-Mexican" students and the school can ban things to prevent violence, but the Cinco de Mayo students could not be banned from wearing Mexican flag shirts because they had not been threatened with violence? Am I reading that right? Threats of violence (illegal activity) are what deem something constitutional or unconstitutional?

Potential illegals, using illegal threats of violence against US citizens, are ruled constitutional and protected and encouraged to flaunt said protection. American citizens who do not engage in illegal activity are ruled unconstitutional and are threatened with legal and punitive administration. Got it.

We have become a country that lets the criminals make the law.  Criminal kills someone with a gun...ban guns!  Criminals cause trouble over something someone else wears...Ban the item that was worn! Someone gets drunk at bar, drives and car and kills someone.....ban that bar!

O this totally pissed me off this morning.

Turned on the news and heard a court upheld a ruling in the schools favor that the students can't wear an American Flag on Cinco De Mayo.

Surly this was in Mexico Right?  Wrong.

Done in the very same court room that an American Flag hangs.

The schools are paid for with American tax dollars.  All Seriousness they had better not be letting any Cinco De Mayo. stuff be on display.