Georgia Firearm Organizations & Forums?

I'm wondering if we have anyone on board who are in Georgia or from Georgia and can recommend what GA groups to get involved in; i.e. any forums similar to TGO (and as well managed) and any pro-2A groups similar in purpose to the TFA?

I do know of GeorgiaCarry.org but not if there are any others and I've no idea about what forums are there (and which ones aren't worth my time!...any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

To be honest I haven't been on a board as well managed as TGO other than The High Road. THR is a national board though, here's hoping you aren't leaving us

Well, not leaving but I'll be living in Savannah most of the time...still maintaining my home in TN, voting here, etc.

I'm on assignment there but TN is still my "home".  That said, I want to get involved with GA's firearm community since I will be spending so much time there and it's always nice to have the insight into a state's laws from people who are far more familiar with them that I am; at least initially!

So; not really leaving (although I'm sure there are more than a few here who would be more than happy not just to see me go but would offer to help me pack). :)

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 2

Well, not leaving but I'll be living in Savannah most of the time...still maintaining my home in TN, voting here, etc.

I'm on assignment there but TN is still my "home".  That said, I want to get involved with GA's firearm community since I will be spending so much time there and it's always nice to have the insight into a state's laws from people who are far more familiar with them that I am; at least initially!

So; not really leaving (although I'm sure there are more than a few here who would be more than happy not just to see me go but would offer to help me pack). :)

Naw, you're one of the best people here to argue with. Some people cave or stop replying to quick, at least a guy can depend on a proper argument with you. :cheers:
  • Like 4

Lots of old people in Savannah. You should fit right in :)

• Like 3
  • Moderators

Naw, you're one of the best people here to argue with. Some people cave or stop replying to quick, at least a guy can depend on a proper argument with you. :cheers:

This. This place would be a lot more boring for me without you (and Dave).  :rofl:

This. This place would be a lot more boring for me without you (and Dave).  :rofl:

Well without Robert at least....

Until I have a meet and/or have a beer with Dave, he is not a real person.

Edited by sigmtnman
  • Like 1

GeorgiaCarry.Org is the organization to which I belong.  GeorgiaPacking.org is an independent website that many GCO members are on.  GCO sends emails about current legislation and such, but I learn just as much from GeorgiaPacking.org.

Georgia2a.com is a website that was started by some members that were disenchanted when georgiapacking.org was sold and some changes were made.

You want to avoid Georgia Gun Owners, which some suspect is a fake group that only exists to raise money.  

GeorgiaCarry.Org is the organization responsible for pretty much all the gains in the restoration of gun rights in the last 7 years.  Currently, we are trying to pass legislation that will, among other things, treat chruches and bars as other private properties.  It would also take some types of government buildings off the the prohibited list.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be of minor interest to y'all in Tennessee, but GeorgiaCarry.Org was instrumental in getting a recent gun bill passes.  The Georgia Senate tried to poison the bill, but the House did some maneuvering around it.  It is not all that we wanted, but it opens up some more places for carrying, such as government buildings, eliminates the need for fingerprinting at renewals of the license, and clarifies that carrying a gun is not a sole cause for detention.

Previously church carry was prohibited; now it is allowed if the church gives permission, which is not exactly what we wanted, but is one of the changes that the Senate made near the end of the session.  There is a bunch of other stuff also.  One of the main benefits is that it shows Georgia did not bow to Bloomberg and the Moms Demand Action.

It awaits either the governor's signature (or at least non-veto).

This may be of minor interest to y'all in Tennessee, but GeorgiaCarry.Org was instrumental in getting a recent gun bill passes.  The Georgia Senate tried to poison the bill, but the House did some maneuvering around it.  It is not all that we wanted, but it opens up some more places for carrying, such as government buildings, eliminates the need for fingerprinting at renewals of the license, and clarifies that carrying a gun is not a sole cause for detention.

Previously church carry was prohibited; now it is allowed if the church gives permission, which is not exactly what we wanted, but is one of the changes that the Senate made near the end of the session.  There is a bunch of other stuff also.  One of the main benefits is that it shows Georgia did not bow to Bloomberg and the Moms Demand Action.

It awaits either the governor's signature (or at least non-veto).

I saw that. Good for y'all!