My new puppy!

Wow, I can't believe how big he is now.  This has been a really great thread to follow as he has grown up.  Keep posting the photos, we love them!

Now this has been a great thread.  Congratulations on the the new love in your life. It appears to be a perfect match.

Thanks y'all! It's been fun keeping the thread updated. I wish I could remember all the funny stuff he does to tell everyone. He just did a helicopter spin off the couch over Jake, had me rolling!

On a side note, I need to post a picture of our newly adopted puppy. (I know, another one LOL) My wife and daughter were driving home about 2 weeks ago and looked in the ditch beside them at the stop sign at what looked like a stuffed toy caked in mud. Well they weren't going to take the chance that it wasn't so they pulled over and it was this little 3 pound puppy, and she was alive, but not moving. Needless to say, it broke their hearts as they ran her into the Dollar General and asked to use the bathroom to wash her off. She was absolutely covered in mud! They assumed she'd been hit and was probably dying. My wife called me and said she thought she may have found a baby coyote or fox. Being soaking wet and scrawny, that's exactly what she looked like. She washed her off, bought some canned dog food and by the time I got home, she'd bloated herself with the whole can. The next day she was hopping around and eating like crazy. A couple of days later she took the puppy to the vet to find out she was 90-95% blind. We'd wondered because she would look towards us but never at us when we'd talk. We were not looking for another dog as the three we have are plenty rambunctious in one house, but figured it would be hard to find someone looking for a blind puppy. So, we are keeping her. She is not a fox, and not a coyote, but she is ours and the other dogs love her like we do. She does amazing using shadows and her ears for getting around. Her name is Ruby Belle and I'll post up a picture of her in a few minutes if she'll quit whoopin up on these boy dogs for a minute :)

Here she is, several pounds heavier and happy as can be, non fox-ish or coyote-ish, but oh so cute-ish! Possibly German Shepard or Lab mix according to the vet? Her lil ears touch over her head, so I'm not sure what she is, but she is dang cute! Any thoughts on what y'all think she might be?

20140714_204803_zpsnbarl9ev.jpg

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 3
  • 1 month later...

^^^ holy cow he's as big as a cow! :rofl:

Glad your wife found the little one when she did, couldn't have been easy on the street being a blind dog. You guys rock for taking her in. :up:

Yeah, I can't wait to see what he weighs, mainly because my wife said "Ohhhh he's only gonna be about 40-45 lbs max". I bet her that he would be 60-70, but my age is showing and I can't remember what I bet her LMAO!

I know she would have died in a day or two had they not seen her. She was so scrawny, scared, and helpless. Trust me when I say, we did not need or want another dog, but we love her and glad to have her here with us!

• Like 5

Rugerla1, I say 80lbs at 3 yrs.

I was guessing 60-65lbs by the time he's a year old at least, so you're not far off from what I guessed. Of course it's always just that, a guess. A buddy of mine got a pit/mastiff mix so we thought the mastiff part was hilarious (because it was his and he didn't want a big dog LOL). His vet told him how bid mastiff's were capable of being and he about flipped. I told him he was fixin to lose that weight he'd been wanting to lose cause Rocky was gonna be eatin half his dinner  :rofl: . I went to see him yesterday and he was twice as big as Roman about 3 months ago, but now Roman is quite a bit taller and Rocky is just getting WIDE!. Needless to say, my friend is glad he's stayin on the smaller side!

• 5 weeks later...

Well, Roman is 7 months old now. Took him to the vet, he's healthy as a horse and trying to become one :rofl:

He weighed in at a healthy 51 pounds and is doing great. Disclaimer: it's not as cute when he flies over the back of the recliner and tries to lay on my neck anymore LMAO!

20140920_162613_zps0xdaw459.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks prag, he really has grown. Each day he thickens up more. He really went through a teenager like growth spurt and got tall and lanky quick. Now he's filling out and getting heavier. And yes, he is a great friend, and I'm so thankful for him. When he gets into the Mrs. flower bed though, they are not the best of friends...for a minute LOL Who can stay mad at that face!??!

• Like 1

I would imagine he's quite the charmer. Besides...those flowers probably needed to be dug up. :pleased:

I just showed my Missus your 1st and current pics. I think she has a crush on Roman. LOL

He has that effect! :up:  But I'm not loaning him out at this moment HA HA

Edit: I tried to tell her that he was turning the topsoil to help her flowers....didn't work like I'd planned, go figure :shrug:

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 1

Well it's about time you posted a new pic of Roman! 

I've been wondering how he's doing and was starting to think maybe you weren't feeding him and taking proper care of him.  LOL. 

He's a great looking dog and I'm glad he's doing well.  Thanks for sharing the photo.

• Like 1

Well it's about time you posted a new pic of Roman! 

I've been wondering how he's doing and was starting to think maybe you weren't feeding him and taking proper care of him.  LOL. 

He's a great looking dog and I'm glad he's doing well.  Thanks for sharing the photo.

LOL Not a chance of that, he's getting well taken care of....even if I'm busy! HA HA Thanks, I've posted a few every month or two, didn't wanna post every week even though he seems to change every week to me :)

I appreciate it and trust me, it's an honor taking care of him and seeing him grow. Not that y'all can tell but I LOVE THIS DOG!  :rock:

• Like 2

Yeah , malnourished ain't exactly what comes to mind looking at him... :lol:

It looks like he's gaining an understanding of the camera on that last one, he's all but saying "cheese".

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You can't say that word around him or he runs to the fridge!! LOL

Happy Seven Months to you Roman! Here's some dog quotes for you ...

"Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul, chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!"
—Anne Tyler

"My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money."
—Joe Weinstein

"If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them."
—Phil Pastoret

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
—Roger Caras

"I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult."
—Rita Rudner

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
—Will Rogers
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Usually when the words "dog" and "dump" are used together in a post, the last thing I want is a pic. In this case, well, it's always good to see how Roman is getting on. :D

Funny you should say that! He was a little nervous when we first took off so I rolled the window down a little and pet him the whole way there thinking "Please, for the love of God, don't take a dump on the way to the dump!". LOL

• Like 1