My new Remington 700 build

Just recently picked up a Remington 700 action and barrel in .223 from Hunter24. The trigger guard and magwell arrived yesterday so I thought I would post a pic. The stock will be here tomorrow, so there will be a pick update.

[URL=http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/waters5117/media/IMG_09921_zps77f01919.jpg.html]IMG_09921_zps77f01919.jpg[/URL]

Specs:

Remington 700 Short Action

Caliber .223

20" bull barrel crowned and recessed

1.5lb trigger

Wyatt's M5 detachable mag trigger guard w/ Accuracy International 10rd mag

Harris 1A2 Ultralite Bipod

In the Mail

Bell and Carlson A2 stock

BSA Tactical MilDot 6-24x44 scope

• Like 1

Got the stock in today and mocked everything up. I need a longer set of action screws (free from B&C), and I am still waiting on the scope. Hope to be shooting next week.

[URL=http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/waters5117/media/IMG_09961_zps7f129d71.jpg.html]IMG_09961_zps7f129d71.jpg[/URL]

I like it... Keep ups posted on the build... Got a quick question for the "more modern" bolt gun building folks here...

Does the heavy duty mag well and trigger guard assembly (...Wyatt's M5 detachable mag trigger guard....) help to stiffen up the action and draw it down into the bedding on the "good" stocks?... It looks ta me like that is what is happening... I'm familiar with the 700/40X type actions and i know they are round bottom with two action screws... In the "old days" we bedded the actions and drew the action screws tight; but the trigger  guard wuz never considered... Educate me a bit on the thinkin here...

Thanks in advance,

leroy

Leroy: This 700 does have a rounded action and two screws. This Wyatt guard/well is a one piece all- metal design. If the trigger/magwell wasn't designed to give the rifle a hard seat on the bed block it certainly is a nice side effect. I chose this system because I bought the action/trigger/barrel without a stock or triggergaurd/feeding system. I thought the detmag setup was very cool.

Garufa: I have never tried an ar mag, but i don't think so. It is designed for Accuracy International mags 

Thanks yall. I will keep pics coming. The scope should be here monday.

Anyone know a place to shoot 500-600yds or more 

• Like 1

Waters...

Thanks for the explanation... I like the magazine setup too... I think ya will be simply amazed at the accuracy... We've got an old 222 remington with a 1 in 12 twist remington proofed barrel that will regularly shoot dime sized groups at 100 yds with anybody's 52 grain match bullets and a case full of BC2 or H335 from a rest with an old lyman 12X scope... I suspect your build will probably do better with the advances in barrels, stocks, parts, and bullets... Three inches at 600 yards aint too slouchy... We've also got an old winchester bolt gun with a 1-12 twist barrel that will about do the same with the 52 grain bullets and a good scope (...a Unertl BV20...)....

Anyway, keep the pictures commin and let us know how the shootin works out... I suspect it will be great....

Thanks again,

leroy

Yeah I am really looking forward to shooting this rifle. Your rifles sound like tact drivers. I was hoping my scope would come in on friday so i could get it sighted in today. I'm really resisting the urge to pirate my other rifle for its scope.

[url=http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/waters5117/media/IMG_10061_zps3fa54c56.jpg.html]IMG_10061_zps3fa54c56.jpg[/URL]

Got the Optic installed today. Osprey Global 10-40x50 with illuminated reticle. Bore-sighted it and everything. Nothing left but final zero and shooting

Also, rescoped my .270 w/ a BSA tactical 6-24x40 MilDot

[url=http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/waters5117/media/IMG_10071_zps0f644da5.jpg.html]IMG_10071_zps0f644da5.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Waters5117