Everything weapons will never see a dime from me.

Long story short, I wanted to compare two pistols size wise next to each other and they don't want you to touch the pistols together. I know this because the guy threw a thick black had towel at me and told me to put it between them.

Ok, how are you supposed to compare two all black pistols with a thick black towel between them( you know, like comparing how big the trigger guards are.)

I asked if he had anything else I could use, and was told no don't scratch my guns.

I said ok, no thanks and set the two pistols down and started to walk away.

This is the point to where it gets rediculous. As I'm walking away the counter guy very rudely tells me that I need to leave the premesis. This caught me off guard, so I stopped and asked him if he was serious.

He then told me to leave again and dropped his right hand to his side and kinda behind him( he was open carrying his pistol on his hip in this area) turned his right side away from me and with his left hand made a show of picking up the phone as if he's calling the cops.

I had my six year old daughter with me.

At this point I left and made my way(via Krispy Kreme) to the other location to talk to the owner.

The owner didn't really seem to care that his employee was, in my view, acting in a very threatining way.
Over me touching two guns together. Two plastic framed pocket pistols......

The owner said he would watch the video from the other store and call me back, but he didn't appear to care what I had to say about anything.

Never again will I step foot in his stores.

Rant over.
  • Like 2

Based on what that place gleefully charges for .22 ammo I'd never set foot in there to begin with.

As far as comparing pistols...you don't need to rub two brand new pistols together to do so.  I image they've had enough people scratching up the merchandise trying the same thing. 

I said ok, no thanks and set the two pistols down and started to walk away.

This is the point to where it gets rediculous. As I'm walking away the counter guy very rudely tells me that I need to leave the premesis. This caught me off guard, so I stopped and asked him if he was serious.

Is that all that happened between these two sentences?

• Like 2
Guest TresOsos

I don't know the value of the pistols you were wanting to compare but I can see the point of the retailer not wanting to take the chance of his merchandise

getting sratched. It might be a hard sell to try and sell a new scratched pistol. I think the clerk actions were unneccessary, I  think I would have just told you "you scratch'em you bought 'em."

Edited by TresOsos
Guest semiautots

Not very good customer service.  You could have put the pistols upright, side by side.  I wouldn't want someone laying my pistols on top of each other, but I'm kinda anal about that.

Franklin does not have a very good choice in gun shops.  There is a new one on the south side that I kinda like.

Seems to be more to this story that isn't being conveyed imo.

I would have to agree if you wanted to compare two guns side by side I would have made the same comment/statement as was stated before which was "you scratch them you buy them".

I have purchased a lot of handguns in my life and cannot ever remembering wanting to lay one gun on top of another to compare them. I thought most folks could do that by picking them up one at a time or one in each hand and telling by the way they feel if it would be something they would want to purchase. Just today a buddy of mine and I were comparing the size of his 32 Kel-Tec to my Taurus 380 LCP but we could do that just by holding them side by side with one in each hand. The only difference really was weight and that was 32 rounds verses 380 rounds but guns were same size. As for the clerk, well , sounds like he was kind of a jerk by his actions but I would not be back in the store more from his actions than anything else but like several have said. They are not the only store around that would like to have your money.....................jmho

I used to operate a gun shop. I have gritted my teeth several times to keep from saying anything to some clown stacking two new pistols on top of each other. I realize many customers do not think about what they are doing, so I never said anything. They also never bought either gun after stacking them both and field stripping them both. What really gets you, is when a customer comes in and looks at a gun, disassembles it,  then asks if you have a new one back in the safe that has not been handled.

• Like 1

I used to operate a gun shop. I have gritted my teeth several times to keep from saying anything to some clown stacking two new pistols on top of each other. I realize many customers do not think about what they are doing, so I never said anything. They also never bought either gun after stacking them both and field stripping them both. What really gets you, is when a customer comes in and looks at a gun, disassembles it,  then asks if you have a new one back in the safe that has not been handled.

I am not as nice as you are. They would have purchased the one they disassembled or left unhappy............jmho

Guest Authenticman
Seeing as I was in the store when this incident happened, I would like to add my two cents. After being asked several times not to rub guns together the guy behind the counter did ask this guy to use a black towel to seperate the guns he was looking at to keep them from being scratched. Thats when the guy started acting juvenile. I believe the guy behind the counter was completely within reason. I know I would not want to buy a gun thats been scratched up by someone carelessly handling it.

Seeing as I was in the store when this incident happened, I would like to add my two cents. After being asked several times not to rub guns together the guy behind the counter did ask this guy to use a black towel to seperate the guns he was looking at to keep them from being scratched. Thats when the guy started acting juvenile. I believe the guy behind the counter was completely within reason. I know I would not want to buy a gun thats been scratched up by someone carelessly handling it.

So do you represent EW? Oh, and welcome to TGO.

No offense, but it's a bit suspicious that you just joined and immediately started posting to this thread.

• Like 2

Juvenile in what way? And how do you explain the clerk's overreaction? That is, IF you were really there, which I doubt.

I've also had customers come in and disassemble a gun on the counter and leave it there in a pile of parts because they could not put it back together. I even lost my cool once and asked why he took it apart if he didn't know how to put it back together. Some of these gun people should try working in a gun shop for a while. I did it for 9 months after I retired from the railroad. I was doing a good business and averaged over 5 guns sold per day for every day that I was open. 80% of your customers are really great people and I really enjoyed having them come in whether they ever bought anything or not. I closed the shop after 9 months because I could not figure out how to get rid of the other 20% .And yes, Oh Shoot, you are in the 80%.

Guest Authenticman
[quote name="daddyo" post="1134891" timestamp="1396834849"]Juvenile in what way? And how do you explain the clerk's overreaction? That is, IF you were really there, which I doubt.[/quote] Juvenile as in raising his voice in protest against being asked to use a cloth to keep from damaging something he didnt own. Especially in front of his daughter. He should set a good example for his child. If memory serves correctly, and at my age it has started to fail, he even made a remark to the tune of " both the guns are black" as if that should make a difference as to whether it was okay to have the guns touching together. I have been buying guns from E.W. for nearly a year now and have not been asked to leave the store. But, then again, I managed a class III gun store for several years, and tend to use proper gunstore etiquette. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Guest Authenticman
I apreciate the welcome. I do not represent Everything Weapons. The owner or manager can post to represent the gunstore. I was informed by message that this thread was started and just wanted to see if in fact the incident was being presented factually. In my business I have clients that like to exaggerate things at times. All retail businesses are susceptible to it. Since I heard the whole ordeal I figured id snoop. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It's amazing how "customers" from EW magically join TGO and make their first post as soon as a thread that potentially harms the reputation of EW is created. How f-ing stupid do you think we are?

As far as stacking or touching two guns together, I don't see the need, nor would I want that done with my guns. I wasn't there, so I don't know who did or said what. Either way, I've heard enough about EW to never want to step foot in that place. 

• Like 3
Guest Authenticman
A topic that is kept accurate to facts is fine. There have been a few discussions about my business as well that have not been 100% positive. That is going to happen. What gets me is when the discussion is riddled with non-truths. You sir, are a prime example of why these discussions need to be truthful. Its wonderful of you to make a decision about a place that you have never personally visited. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well, I was defending the gun shop's right to not let a customer rub two guns together. 

That said, it's quite obvious that you are a sock puppet for the gun shop and are quickly loosing respect.  It would have been better to just own up immediately to who you were and why you were here.

Edited by sigmtnman
[quote name="Authenticman" post="1134914" timestamp="1396837557"] Its wonderful of you to make a decision about a place that you have never personally visited.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk[/quote] With the price they place on 22lr as high as a female giraffe's reproductive organ, there are plenty of us that have made decisions about them without personally visiting. You're not helping their cause, as much white knight as you think you are here Edited by KKing