Murfreesboro Gun Buy Back

Could have sworn that was the case within the last year or so at one of these things. As I recall her husband brought it back from the war, threw it in a closet and forgot about it. She found it years later and didn't want it so she went for her giftcard and someone was awful human about it and gave her a heads up on what she had.

Maybe it was just a pleasant dream.

Something similar did happen. There is still honest people out there. I just dont think who ever did the whole "buyback" gun "scheme" had the decency to telling the owner what a rare gem was in their possession.

According to WSMV, they got 20 guns "off the streets". I bet not a one of them had seen daylight in 10 years, much less been "on the streets" - "This gun is worn out, it won't fire, I haven't shot it in 30 years," said gun buyback participant Dean Gold.

"This gun - there is no way it can fall in the hands of a criminal," said Maj. Clyde Adkison with Murfreesboro police. 

I can say the same thing about the one in my safe, or the one on my hip. That is, unless the criminal, you know, commits a crime to get it.

"If we get just one gun, to us it's worth it." 

All this program does is convince people who don't know any better that all guns are either:

A) Currently in the hands of criminals

B) About to be in the hands of criminals or unsupervised children

And that they:

C) Are a ticking time bomb to be avoided at all costs

D) Are dangerous even in the possession of responsible citizens because of all of the above.

There is nothing pro 2A or honest about these programs. I wonder how many criminals or children turned in their guns to get their $25 gift card?

Edit:  Sorry those quotes were from last year's program. This year they netted a whopping 6 guns.

Edited by netmindr

I didn't hear about this buy back until a few minutes ago when I read a post on another forum.

Someone said he others went to this gun buy back today, and were told by local police that the ATF would arrest them for buying guns that were originally headed to the buy back program.

Any TGO members stop by there today?

.GOV hates competition

Yep. If someone is going to illegally sell weapons to criminals, it's going to be the damn ATF, not you.

• Like 5
Guest sigequinox

That story still makes my stomach turn. Its like taking a porsche to the scrap heap because its too fast of a car.

No, it's like taking a Porsche to a scrap yard because an agenda driven government and media convinced The People that despite the fact that 30x the amount of people are killed by a Honda Civic each year, the Porsche is too unnecessarily fast and it's only purpose in life is to kill. That children and puppies everywhere will become invincible to all physical forces both of man and nature, if we can guarantee the removal of Porsche vehicles from our once great nation. The Porsche runs red with the blood of the innocent, it's high capacity fuel tank guzzling up gasoline and spitting it out in the form of hate-filled rage and murder against a populace that stands to allow it. The uber-wealthy sports car lobbyists are to blame. They have become too strong and powerful. The Porsche is outdated. They were good and fun when the united states population was tens of millions fewer, but now we have "smart cars" and "Prius"....nobody needs a Porsche to kill a deer!!!!!! Keep our streets safe, BAN PORSCHE and turn in what you have to the police no questions asked. It's for the children!

.....That's what it is like. [/rant]

Unlicensed dealer would require you to sell something...  buying a lot of guns is called being a collector and never requires a license for regular firearms ;)

Or try to sell you a NFA item, perhaps claim you were unlicensed dealer based on volume of the day.

Unlicensed dealer would require you to sell something...  buying a lot of guns is called being a collector and never requires a license for regular firearms ;)

a claim (which is how I staged the comment)....requires nothing at all from an organization that is largely unaccountable, yet still involves a lot of paperwork for the victim to see charges dropped.  There are numerous articles regarding raids where no charges stuck, even with our trusted BATFE, much less other agencies.

The Porsche runs red with the blood of the innocent, it's high capacity fuel tank guzzling up gasoline and spitting it out in the form of hate-filled rage 

That ALONE made me want to buy a porsche. Just the way you described it. 

• Like 1