Carry friendly dog park?

Actually two Pitweilers, 80lbs at seven months. :)
Just ticks me off to see the signs. I also feel the lack of legal firearms attracts more hipsters that can't control their dogs. Several aggressive dogs at the centenial dog park, and if mine fights back you know who's gonna get blamed. It's funny ours are the best behaved dogs and there is a sign sayin no pit bulls at the gate. We just say they are part lab. :)
I know city people are limited on where they can walk their animals. But I would never take mine to a dog park. Too many neglectful owners with animals that have NO shots. Kennel cough, fleas, worms, etc, etc.

Posted is all the more reason.

I know city people are limited on where they can walk their animals. But I would never take mine to a dog park. Too many neglectful owners with animals that have NO shots. Kennel cough, fleas, worms, etc, etc.

You know, I'm only taking them to socialize them with other dogs and people. I've had a couple large breeds that were dog aggressive because of my lack of socializing them. Really everyone at the parks look to have very well taken care of dogs, just a few that are aggressive. I don't really think that neglectful owners would take their dogs to parks.

Sounds like Pit Bull Owners need to file complaints of discrimination against their dogs. Just because they are a pit does not make them mean. I know several folks that own pure bred Pit Bulls and the are all mostly big puppies and I am talking about 5 and 6 year old dogs..............jmho

Guest sigequinox

Are these signs carry the power of law or are they simply "suggestions"? How does such a gun friendly state get away with this silly madness anyway?

Edited by sigequinox

Are these signs carry the power of law or are they simply "suggestions"? How does such a gun friendly state get away with this silly madness anyway?

$500 fine and possible suspension or revocation of carry permit.

That "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff" moniker belies the whole premise of TN weapons law -- it is illegal to possess a loaded firearm. Everything that allows you to differ from that is an exception or defense to that starting point philosophy.

- OS

• Like 1

That "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff" moniker belies the whole premise of TN weapons law -- it is illegal to possess a loaded firearm. Everything that allows you to differ from that is an exception or defense to that starting point philosophy.

- OS

Yea I'll never understand it. As always criminals will ignore all signs, or look for them as easy targets.
Guest sigequinox

- OS

It's kinda crazy that I can carry at a dog park here in CT but not in TN. Gun laws are so weird and meaningless. I'm having a hard time understanding what a posted sign at a dog park will accomplish other than maybe costing someone 500 bucks. Oh well, Ill pay 500 bucks over registration any day of the week.

The most insanely ironic and stupid part of the whole "posted" sign (or any gun free zone for that matter) is that I have to take my gun off my person (where its safest) and put it in my vehicle (where its vulnerable to theft). Thus the politician tards that come up with this stuff in the name of public safety are, in reality, increasing the potential for public harm by having more guns in places where criminals can get them. Me is confused.

Edited by sigequinox

Sad for the furry friends, but this is very true. I really avoid those areas with mine, but we are blessed to have a large yard for her to play in, and several close neighbors for play dates.

The most insanely ironic and stupid part of the whole "posted" sign (or any gun free zone for that matter) is that I have to take my gun off my person (where its safest) and put it in my vehicle (where its vulnerable to theft). Thus the politician tards that come up with this stuff in the name of public safety are, in reality, increasing the potential for public harm by having more guns in places where criminals can get them. Me is confused.

Logic will get you nowhere with TN weapons law. Nor with the feds either.

- OS

• Like 1