Sumner Co animal shelter

Apparently there's been a large amount of dishevel at the sumner co animal shelter. This is nothing new but it's gone progressively worse more than one can imagine after bob barker ( former sheriff) passed on. To include repeat instance of a dog that was supposed to be euthanized, mauling a woman's face,and a young colts leg getting torn up by another dog that should have been put down is only the tip of the iceberg. I'm pro hunting and am a pro domestic pet welfare advocate. The sheriff dept is responsible for this facility and has treated it like their hunchback since the current sheriff ended up in office.

The animal welfare groups and citizens of sumner that care for their pets are fed up with sumner county animal shelter being ran like a dark nuisance instead of a community humanitarian icon as sheriff bob barker had established.bob barker was using the Maricopa county Arizona animal shelter as a model for his vision which to this day operates at no cost to the taxpayer under legendary sheriff: joe arpaio

If you live in sumner, and plan on voting tomorrow, I ask to consider voting for Stan hilgadiack who has promised to revamp the nightmare that exists along with allowing community help unlike the current regime that euthanizes animals 3 days after they've been picked up or dropped at the shelter.or if they're pedigree pets. The sheriffs wife has in the past reportedly taken her pick from the shelter and shipped pets as far as Florida. As I mentioned its worse than that. Any help is appreciated especially by our little 4 legged friends which still stand as gods little creatures. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 1
Stan is fine, I don't know his brother but he's also a good investigator. I don't live in sumner but would live to see him take that office, clean up the shelter and clean house of all of the vile that thrives in that agency. A lot of work and heartache went into getting a new shelter. The sheriffs wife took it to a new low in less time than it took to build the new building.the animals and community suffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster
There are a lot of politics involved in Sumner county animal control, and drama around the organization is nothing new.

It needs fixing. Efforts have been made to help in the past and generally were not successful, maybe a change at the top can get something done.
  • Like 1

Right now weatherford is beating Stan according to channel 5

Hard to get an incumbent sheriff out without a scandal that everybody knows about.

We've got a typical corrupt power broker type here again, JJ. Jones,  has provided all kinds of perks for the in crowd who appointed him (not elected) to begin with, including the former long serving corrupt power broker sheriff who was actually de-certificated as a LEO at one point, eventually ruled not eligible for by state supreme court, etc.

Just lots of dirt involved with sheriffs around the state seems, always was and still is.

Oh, and course, Jones won the primary handily today and will the general election too.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Isn't that the truth. Malfeasance and misconduct work if you know how to make it work. If it's criminal outside the color of the law, the grand jury can usually pull through. Sorry to hear your area is as bad as sumner county. Hard to believe how many people can be hoodwinked by scoundrels posing as the law, that administer law selectively, and negate real responsibility to the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Well, considering that when it comes to authority in the law enforcement the Sheriff of any county is the highest ranking LEO. If something bad takes place in his county and TBI and State Troopers are called in the Sheriff is still in charge and can designate authority but they are the boss for some reason gives some of the I'M ABOVE THE LAW attitude. Sure glad when Kasey had her one and only batch of puppy's I gave thought about taking the to Sumner County Humane Society but instead posted them on fishing sites and gun sites I am a member of and had great homes for all 4 of her puppies in two days and folks send me pictures often of them........... :up:  :up:    

• Like 1

You made a smart decision, as u may know, before the SD had it it was under animal control where it was a heinous free for all killing and abuse machine, as documented with excellent video......glad the pups found a good home through your effort!!