Ever Do This?

Well, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one that does this. The bad side is...I'm still looking! You'd think I could find a Contender 10" barrel, with a scope on it! Every time I think of a new place to look, I just know one of them is going to be there. Nope...nothing...nata...it's just like they walked off. But, I'm the only one here. Spooky, huh?

I have got to be the most hiding and not being able to find person in the world. I hate it when I know I have strangers coming to my house and I have to hide things. I have hid things from myself that have been gone for a couple years now and I swear I put them where I would be sure and find them. Now I have finally fixed my problem and I don't lose anything any more. Bought a pocket take recorder a while back because the last land lord put the place up for sale and I knew that meant lots of strangers coming in my house. Everything I hid went on the pocket recorder. After the place sold I was able to go back and retrieve every thing I hid from them and me......................Best invested 39.95 I ever made......................... :up: :up:

Bersaguy, sure wish I had thought of that. I actually have a tape recorder! But, at the time...I never had the foggiest idea I wouldn't be able to find them later. I thought I was putting them in the places I would never forget! I was wrong!

You may be looking too hard and have tunnel vision. I went through the whole house (including boxes in storage) looking for my keys once. They were on a bench in the dining room under my coat.

Tnguy, I was at first. But now, I've resorted to just checking out suspicious looking places, when one catches my eye. I'm still looking!

• Moderators
I didn't hide it but bit I did lose it. I had a nice Jawbone Bluetooth headset. Ended up losing it and considered it lost for a few years. Ended up finding it eventually in a suit jacket that I wore to my cousins wedding the few years prior. Still worked but the battery would not stay charged long enough to actually use. Was such a good feeling though to put my hands in all the pockets and unexpectedly find it. WooHoo! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of years ago before leaving for 2 weeks of travel I locked up some handguns and then added my wife's Rolex and rings.  My thinking was that she couldn't forget which sock they were in and which drawer the sock was in.  Problem was I hid the key and forgot where. :doh:  

Everything I hid went on the pocket recorder. After the place sold I was able to go back and retrieve every thing I hid from them and me......................Best invested 39.95 I ever made......................... :up: :up:

Easy for you to say.  I'd probably lose the recorder.  :cry:

• Like 1

It's so frustrating! A Remington 1100 shotgun barrel is a long piece of pipe! So is a TC Contender barrel with a scope on it! Haven't seen the 1100 barrel in about 4 or 5 months, and the TC Contender barrel in 4 or 5 weeks. I will rip this place apart...as I'm wanting to shoot my TC Contender .22 Hornet barrel. Any psychics out there? If so, please tell me where I can find my barrels!  

I spent an hour looking for a ball joint fork I have had for over 20 yrs. I finally found it in the second place I looked when my wife started helping. The tool box on my truck. I used to shamefully blame my wife until she kept finding things where I put them. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

I don't say this to offend anyone, nor to make light of the seriousness of what we may pray for. Usually, we pray for someone's health or someone that's injured or has suffered some major catastrophe. As a Christian, I've kind of not prayed for what I consider trivial things. Fearing that I might anger God for asking for things that little children may ask for, I've pretty much abstained. This afternoon, in my frustration, I prayed for God to reveal to me where my missing barrels were. In less that five minutes, I walked from the bathroom to my reloading/junk room. I stepped up on my weight bench and checked the top shelf one more time. I then pulled a box out from the second shelf that had my Contender .22 Hornet barrel with the scope on it...and some spare Contender grips and forearm, I had placed there!

Call it a lucky move, call it anything you'd like. I've probably looked on that very shelf four or five times, since I "hid" them...but today I found it. The Remington 1100 barrel is still on the loose. But, I feel I'll find it soon. No, I'm not a foolish old kook...just someone that believes in the power of prayer, even for the little, seemingly insignificant, things! I'm happy.

• Like 1

I lost some ammo for a year and a half - it was in a Christmas popcorn can.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.

My memory has gotten so bad that I try not to hide things any more.  But they end up hidden just the same.  I need help!

• Like 1

I lost some ammo for a year and a half - it was in a Christmas popcorn can.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.

My memory has gotten so bad that I try not to hide things any more.  But they end up hidden just the same.  I need help!

Enfield, it's amazing how something can be lost right under your eyes, right? I haven't found the Rem. 1100 barrel yet...but feel confident it will show up. I'm not giving up on looking...until I find it! I think most people lay something down, ever now and then, and forget where they put it. The harder you look, the harder it seems to hide! Ever put something on top of your car, while you were loading or getting in, and drive off...never to see it again? I have, and I was young then too.

[quote name="Mike.357" post="1153455" timestamp="1401449773"]when I can't find stuff I have stashed, after lengthy searches I always seem to find it in the last place I look,[/quote] I would suspect everyone finds things in the last place we look, as we tend to stop looking when we find it. I have 4 boxes of Winchester superX .22 that I put "somewhere safe" 2 years ago that I still can't find. Maybe one day I'll find some in stock somewhere and buy more so I can find my stash.