KAHR 45

Bet you didnt know you can buy this for under 400 bucks OTD........

I ordered one this week they seem to average 340-350 bucks at LGS,I know of no other

45ACP for this price and its made in the USA...has 6+1 cap and one of the best triggers I ever shot

less than 1 inch thick I find it hard to beat .....Range report to follow

dsc_6171.jpg

• Like 1
When Kahr dropped their prices a couple of years ago I picked one up for $375. It was my first Kahr, and I was not impressed but I did buy a cw380 a while later. The chamber on the CW45 was extremely tight not liking a lot of ammo and the gun was just not easy to handle because of sharp edges. The recoil was a lot, and this coming from a non recoil sensitive guy. However I do kind of wished I would have kept it.

[quote name="SonnyCrockett" post="1149025" timestamp="1400152038"]Bet you didnt know you can buy this for under 400 bucks OTD........ I ordered one this week they seem to average 340-350 bucks at LGS,I know of no other 45ACP for this price and its made in the USA...has 6+1 cap and one of the best triggers I ever shot less than 1 inch thick I find it hard to beat .....Range report to follow dsc_6171.jpg[/quote] I'm a Kahr fan for sure. It amazes me that I see people on Facebook groups and whatnot trying to sell them for $450-$500, I just don't understand. The Kahr I owned is the only pistol I've ever had besides my current Glocks that never malfunctioned on me during the ~700 rounds I had on it. Hope you enjoy her!

Oh, and I bought it one the theory I could use slightly modified 1911 magazines but I never could really get them to work 100%. They do not like Hornady ammo nor do they eat semi-wad cutters.

it can use 1911 mags with a slight mod which I looked into,ill give it a go myself and see 

Theres a few vids on what needs to be done so the mag can clear the extractor 

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3317

recoil is subjective,the reports I have seen say its easy and compared to the XDs even lower recoil

Edited by SonnyCrockett

I have a Kahr CW45 and a PM9, both are outstanding with great triggers. The 45 ACP recoil is not that bad, much better than the 40 SW. Great reliable single stack semi-autos that are very easy to conceal with their slimness. If you have not shot one, you should. I've reduced handgun inventory and these are two of my keepers.

Personally, I've never been a Kahr fan for multiple reasons, and I've owned several. Too many sharp edges, trigger is smooth but too long for my taste, the Moon thing... just better options out there for ME.

Yah but you play a pedal steel so you've never been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer... :yuck:  :rofl:

• Like 1

Personally, I've never been a Kahr fan for multiple reasons, and I've owned several. Too many sharp edges, trigger is smooth but too long for my taste, the Moon thing... just better options out there for ME.

We are in complete agreement here.

Then there's the new CT45 "full size" and the new CM45, smaller than CW45

I have a CT45 on layaway, soon to be home i hope.

Since the CW45 works with most 7 round 1911 officer mags, I hope the CT45 takes 8 round 1911 mags.

I can Dehorn the slide if need be but I didnt notice any issue....Its not as slick as my PM9 for sure

Then there's the new CT45 "full size" and the new CM45, smaller than CW45

I have a CT45 on layaway, soon to be home i hope.

Since the CW45 works with most 7 round 1911 officer mags, I hope the CT45 takes 8 round 1911 mags.

I looked at the CM45 but felt the extra round would be nice and its only .25 ,more grip area

I do agree that in the under $400 new category Kahr has some great offerings. I've never noticed the sharp edges on my cm9 I carry daily but maybe they are there. I find the recoil to be mild and I'm recoil sensitive on the pocket guns. The trigger I can understand why some love it and some hate it. I am in the middle as I think the pull is smooth and light but it could have a shorter reset. However given it replaced my revolver in my carry rotation the trigger seems exceptional. I love how thin they are and have been considering another. Plus I think they look good in two tone. I have found Kahrs to be very polarizing in conversations with my fellow gun nuts. Definitely a gun you have to try to see if it fits for you and your purposes.

it can use 1911 mags with a slight mod which I looked into,ill give it a go myself and see
Theres a few vids on what needs to be done so the mag can clear the extractor

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3317

recoil is subjective,the reports I have seen say its easy and compared to the XDs even lower recoil

My "modified" 1911 magazines worked perfectly only if I installed a Kahr follower.
I had a XDS a few months ago the recoil between the two is not comparable. The XDS was a lot of recoil that was a force but came somewhat slow, the Kahr was a slap and all at once. It reminds me of the so called 40 snap that people say they experience.

My "modified" 1911 magazines worked perfectly only if I installed a Kahr follower.
I had a XDS a few months ago the recoil between the two is not comparable. The XDS was a lot of recoil that was a force but came somewhat slow, the Kahr was a slap and all at once. It reminds me of the so called 40 snap that people say they experience.

I am not a fan of the Kahr plastic mag baseplates or any ugly baseplate for that matter which is why the flush 1911 mags are something

i will try to make work ..Theres a few vids on it,pretty simple stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsSISJupoUE

• 2 weeks later...

Sonny... Thanks for posting this info on your new Kahr... I been stewin on getting a "small"  single stack 45 myself (...like i need another pistola...)...Wuz thinkin about a Kahr or an XDs or a Glock 36.... I like the "slim" idea...

Thanks again,

leroy

• Like 1

Sonny... Thanks for posting this info on your new Kahr... I been stewin on getting a "small"  single stack 45 myself (...like i need another pistola...)...Wuz thinkin about a Kahr or an XDs or a Glock 36.... I like the "slim" idea...

Thanks again,

leroy

I have shot all 3 of those....Kahr is by far easier to shoot ,the CW is smaller than my KW and more along the same size as the XDs, the G36 

has more felt recoil IMO and for me felt funny in my hand..I still prefer the less expensive Kahr over any of those...Im tickled with this gun,its

more like shooting  a 1911 for me and IMO 1911s are the best shooting pistols ever invented by humans :)..

Id say the only negative is it came with one mag hence the low price but I have another on the way and not much tricking out you can do 

like you could a Glock

3stack.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLCtDtaWSnw

Edited by SonnyCrockett
Sonny, congrats on the new gun. Enjoyed the review. I'm curious whether you have tried to shoot any lead semi wad cutters out of it. Also, what holster are you using to carry it? I have been recently bitten by the .45 ACP bug again but had not considered the Kahr till I read your thread. By the way, did you pick that up locally? Thanks,

Sonny, congrats on the new gun. Enjoyed the review. I'm curious whether you have tried to shoot any lead semi wad cutters out of it. Also, what holster are you using to carry it? I have been recently bitten by the .45 ACP bug again but had not considered the Kahr till I read your thread. By the way, did you pick that up locally? Thanks,

Yea got it at Direct Hit. ...I carry in a N82Holster and I never shoot lead,i prefer not to handle it and its smokey (I shoot mostly my own reloads) 

Edited by SonnyCrockett
I have a PM9 I like now, but it had to go back to Kahr once. Lots of failures to extract. I had to pay shipping one way (under warranty) and Kahr's customer service to this day is reported to be less than stellar. Kahr claims 200 round break in that meant 400 rounds on me.

My XDs had to go back but at least Springfield paid shipping both ways and handled it professionally, with lots of communication and status updates.

I always wanted a Kahr like yours (P45 version) but was soured early on by my Kahr experience, glad yours is working out.

I have a PM9 I like now, but it had to go back to Kahr once. Lots of failures to extract. I had to pay shipping one way (under warranty) and Kahr's customer service to this day is reported to be less than stellar. Kahr claims 200 round break in that meant 400 rounds on me.

My XDs had to go back but at least Springfield paid shipping both ways and handled it professionally, with lots of communication and status updates.

I always wanted a Kahr like yours (P45 version) but was soured early on by my Kahr experience, glad yours is working out.

I think all MFGs should pay for shipping both ways if under warranty,Kahr has been known to be from Assholian

on these issues ..I did get free shipping on my XDs when it was failing to operate but even twice they could not

get it working for me so I traded it away .