A Mom And Dad Shoot It Out With Multiple Kidnappers Daughter Held At Gunpoint

Welcome to TGO. Being a CA poster on a TN forum, posting about things in NJ is really more taking things to the max than shooting strange men kidnaping ones daughter in the middle of the night though. I'm not even a parent and I can tell you that would be IMO a perfectly reasonable time to fear for her safety and respond with force.

Good for the family. I hope charges aren't pressed against them for the neighbors window. (You know how it works out sometimes) As for the suspect that's in critical condition...I have no sympathy for this type of scum.  If this piece of trash survives I hope that he learned a very painful lesson that won't be repeated.

• Like 1
[quote name="reed1285" post="1157534" timestamp="1402489619"]34 seems a little young to have a daughter old enough to have a vehicle. Anyways, good for them. +1 for the good guys.[/quote] Yeah, was thinking the same thing. I couldn't tell if that was the case or just confusion as this article was written by a 3rd grader. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
[quote name="reed1285" post="1157534" timestamp="1402489619"]34 seems a little young to have a daughter old enough to have a vehicle. Anyways, good for them. +1 for the good guys.[/quote] I noticed that too. Both parents are 34, the daughter is 17, and there was a 5 yr old son in the home as well. They apparently got knocked up at about 16 or 17 yrs of age, depending on when bdays fall. The fact that they are still together is welcome and worthy news all by itself. Add the fact that they are gun owners and took such decisive action and you have an even better story. Apparently, at least one article said the police are treating this as a murder investigation. I hope not, based on what news we have now, but who knows what else is going on. The suspect that survived caught one in the chest and one in each thigh.
  • Like 2
[quote name="BigK" post="1157541" timestamp="1402490348"]I noticed that too. Both parents are 34, the daughter is 17, and there was a 5 yr old son in the home as well. They apparently got knocked up at about 16 or 17 yrs of age, depending on when bdays fall. The fact that they are still together is welcome and worthy news all by itself. Add the fact that they are gun owners and took such decisive action and you have an even better story.Apparently, at least one article said the police are treating this as a murder investigation. I hope not, based on what news we have now, but who knows what else is going on. The suspect that survived caught one in the chest and one in each thigh.[/quote] It should be treated as a murder investigation. The surviving oxygen thief should be charged with 1st degree murder, since a person was killed as a direct result of his felonious actions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Second degree murder, penalty.

565.021. 1. A person commits the crime of murder in the second degree if he:

(1) Knowingly causes the death of another person or, with the purpose of causing serious physical injury to another person, causes the death of another person; or

(2) Commits or attempts to commit any felony, and, in the perpetration or the attempted perpetration of such felony or in the flight from the perpetration or attempted perpetration of such felony, another person is killed as a result of the perpetration or attempted perpetration of such felony or immediate flight from the perpetration of such felony or attempted perpetration of such felony.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/chapters/chap565.htm

I am hopeful that the (currently) surviving suspect is being investigated for second degree murder, based on the bold above - NOT the parents.

Edited by Glock30
  • Like 1

I hope it is also against the guy in the hospital but then we talking about St Louis here and a lot of will depend on if it took place in East St Louis which is in Illinois or in West St Louis  which is in Missouri. Two different states with two totally different gun laws. Lets hope it is west St Louis. The News media didn't make it clear on that. Dad was definitely taking care of business but sounds like Mom needs little more time at the range. Hope they keep it in the news till it is settled but since it might be 1 for the good guys they might kill it quick..............jmho

Well the Murder charges to date are going to the guy in the hospital and have not hear if there will be any charges for the bullet through neighbors window. I think if the neighbor does not file any I doubt there will be any and just will have to pay to have the damage to her home repaired. Hope that it the way it happens..................jmho

Or they can be like my d!ck neighbor who shot a bb gun into my tempered glass 4 x4 bathroom window and then said I couldn't prove it was him so he wasn't paying for it..... And his is the only house in that LOF, and we havent had any roving bands of kids with BB guns rampaging the neighborhood. Did i mention this is the same jerk with the dog?