Narcissm - Younger Gen Cursing

R_Bert

As far as the language thing......I have no filters, and think language is a petty thing to get offended at, but responding to someones request to stop talking a certain way with violence is completely indefensible. And it takes a special kind of bitch to punch an elderly person for any reason.

Edited by Ted S.
  • Like 4

If I could like your post 1000 times I would Ted. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts very close to mine. Saves me making a  long post...............JMHO........................... :up: :up:   If your young you don't go around beating up someones Grandfather when you were the one in the wrong in the first place................JMHO

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 3

It's really too bad there wasn't someone in the restaurant who would gladly have rearranged this punk's face before it got to that point. That's the kind of thing I'd pay money to see.

Hopefully this pile of dung will get what he deserves in the general prison population.

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

Not commenting on the rest of your synopsis, but the highlighted above point is incorrect. Narcissm has absolutely nothing to do with intent  regarding others. It is by definition - oriented to self. Period.

True, I did not say that well.   What I am trying to say is that swearing for most of these folks is a combination of a pre-programmed response (slams finger in car door) and a bad habit (constant habitual use within peer group where it is the norm).   There is no selfishness in that; its how the human mind works (stimulus response  & repetition of habitual behaviors make up a lot of how we work).   I can't find the selfishness in a bad habit -- I only see that coming into play if the person ignores other folks who ask for the swearing to stop.  In that case, it is indeed narcissism (they are not important, I do what I want); and if the person only stops for fear of punishment, that is also selfish (they should stop because it is offensive, not because their job is on the line).  Those two things I see, but the actual initial behavior, I don't see it. 

It is still a serious cultural issue, not only the words used but the casual rudeness of people in general have gone too far.   And I don't see that changing in the near future.

• Like 2

I can only really vouch for how I was raised and for me to curse in the presence of either of my parents, Grand parents or any other elders not related and it got back to my parents I knew a trip to the wood shed was in my immediate future. In turn I raised my boys in that same manner and they raised theirs in the manner they were raised in.  I did catch one of my grandsons at about the age of 12 allow himself to say a few foul words within ear shot of me and I called him out on it right then. I told him what I thought about his actions and I said, This time it is between you and I but if I ever hear that from you again it will get back to your father. Never heard him say those words again and he is 23 now. I will not go into a long story but I still blame the DHS And DCS for the problem with children today far more than their parents..................jmho

All of this goes back to the decline in parenting skills.  My parents would not have wasted any time in correcting and punishing for foul language, and did.  I had my mouth washed out with soap and i learned right quick to not do that again. 

Parents are not parents anymore, there enablers and buddies rather than parents.  It will only get worse as each generation continues down that path and expands on it.

I know this is contrary to popular standards today but when we did away with spankings and taking responsibility, you could see this coming.  I did spank my children, and they learned at an early age that when I set a rule or boundry, they knew it was so, no questions about it.  If you stay steady and consistent with them as far as discipline and your rules, you will find that once they figure out your serious and will punish them, the amount of times you have to punish them will drastically be reduced.

Edited by hardknox00001

All of this goes back to the decline in parenting skills.  My parents would not have wasted any time in correcting and punishing for foul language, and did.  I had my mouth washed out with soap and i learned right quick to not do that again. 

Parents are not parents anymore, there enablers and buddies rather than parents.  It will only get worse as each generation continues down that path and expands on it.

I know this is contrary to popular standards today but when we did away with spankings and taking responsibility, you could see this coming.  I did spank my children, and they learned at an early age that when I set a rule or boundry, they knew it was so, no questions about it.  If you stay steady and consistent with them as far as discipline and your rules, you will find that once they figure out your serious and will punish them, the amount of times you have to punish them will drastically be reduced.

you were one of the lucky ones that never got reported. I guess I was also along with my son and daughter when they were raising their kids but back many moons ago the reason the spankings stopped and the threats of spanking stopped was back when DCH and DHS were coming down on people like gang busters for any type of child abuse including spanking. Kids were calling hot lines claiming their parents abused them just to get control of their parents and it worked really well. The Department of Children Services said that any type of corporal punishment such as spankings what so ever was abuse and you would be arrested if reported and your children may be taken away. You could not even raise your voice to them and let a neighbor hear it and report you. In the last 5  or more years they have backed way off on it but the damage was already done. They realized to late that they cannot do a better job of raising your children than you can but like I said to little to late I think. ...............jmho

It was the Boomers that taught us Gen xers to not let words hurt our feelings. In school, a tattler would get into trouble while the foul mouthed kids would get off scott-free.

Don't get upset at us for listening to you....

:)

I was going to post this over on the thread for TMF as an explanation for American ignorance regarding Ebola, but figured it's too early in the morning to get the joke.

So, here it is in the Narcissist thread, and it's still to early. But, at least young narcissist's might recognize time-to-time narcissism when narcissificated upon - http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/10/04/Woman-who-married-herself-admits-friends-found-wedding-a-bit-narcissistic

Wile I did not check, I doubt if she cursed during her wedding vows. Maybe she did.  I am expecting that her parents certainly did.

• Like 1

I was going to post this over on the thread for TMF as an explanation for American ignorance regarding Ebola, but figured it's too early in the morning to get the joke.

So, here it is in the Narcissist thread, and it's still to early. But, at least young narcissist's might recognize time-to-time narcissism when narcissificated upon - http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/10/04/Woman-who-married-herself-admits-friends-found-wedding-a-bit-narcissistic

Wile I did not check, I doubt if she cursed during her wedding vows. Maybe she did. I am expecting that her parents certainly did.

Nothing says you're comfortable with your choice to be alone like throwing huge event to validate your choice in the eyes of other people. Oh the irony.

At least if she was hot I could stand the mental image of her consummating the marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2re·spect

verb \ri-ˈspekt\

: to feel admiration for (someone or something) : to regard (someone or something) as being worthy of admiration because of good qualities

: to act in a way which shows that you are aware of (someone's rights, wishes, etc.)

: to treat or deal with (something that is good or valuable) in a proper way