What's the going rate for this ammo?

Aguila SuperExtra copper plated 40gr.22 ammo.

I see that Ammoman is extorting $85 for 500 rounds.

What would you expect to pay for 500 rounds and is the ammo any good? My current stockpile only consist of various types of CCI.

Thanks!

I used to deal with Ammoman almost exclusively; but their prices have seemed to be higher than the rest of the online sellers for quite while now.

"New norm" and all that stuff aside, I've pretty much gone with Sgammo and a few other online.

But to answer your question. 22 is still very much all over the board, especially with Agulia. They have so many products it's very hard for me to keep any of them even relatively straight on pricing.

So...I really have no good answer excep that it seems a little high at .17 per round.

But I paid 10 a box of 50 for some Agulia  Supermaximum Hyper Velocity 30 grain to put in my wife's S&W 417. I shot some of it and decided I like it much better than the Federal solids I had it loaded with.

Edited by hipower
Thanks. I've never used that ammo before and I have been offered 1000rds for $80. I just wanted to ensure that I wasn't buying junk. I still think that I'm paying to much, but the price is in line with what Midway is asking for their Aguila 40gr ammo, so I'll bite. Never hurts to grab .22 ammo when you can get it.

What would you expect to pay for 500 rounds and is the ammo any good? My current stockpile only consist of various types of CCI.

Thanks!

I picked up a 500 count box at Cabelas' opening for $24. Can't recall the brand but they were solids not HP, but $24 is a decent price. The 500 hps were just a tad higher, but of course they may be out now. There is no way I will pay extortion prices, I would rather use my 5.56 or .410 for small game before doing that. I may pay an extra $5 or $10 to the guy that stands in line at midnight to get them from Walmart, for his trouble, but not the $65 they try and pass them off for at gunshows.
  • Like 1

Thanks. I've never used that ammo before and I have been offered 1000rds for $80. I just wanted to ensure that I wasn't buying junk. I still think that I'm paying to much, but the price is in line with what Midway is asking for their Aguila 40gr ammo, so I'll bite. Never hurts to grab .22 ammo when you can get it.

Ok, that's .08 cents per round. That's a fair price for today. But the 85 for 500 works out to .17 per round. Not quite as good.

And it's okay that some will disagree with me on this pricing. JMO

Thanks!

TargetSportsUSA has this stuff for $5.00 per 50, so you're looking at $50 for 500. Ammoman has definitely been overpriced recently. I'm really starting to like TargetSports. Get their email updates and have been able to snag some pretty good deals (325 Federal Automatch for $24.95!), but along with HiPower I really like SGAmmo too, they just never have any 22 in stock. I use them alot for 9mm, 45, and 5.56............If only Freedom Munitions had 22!! LOL

• Like 1