Lone Wolf Barrels

Anyone have a Lone Wolf precision match replacement barrel for their Glock?

I've always heard to always replace Glock parts with OEM equipment. Anyway, I'd like a little more accuracy and a s/s barrel but before I drop $109.00 for Lenny's retirement, I thought I'd ask here first.

No, I'm not having problems with the factory barrel just thinking about upgrading my G19. Got the Tungsten guide rod and it did help some with muzzle flip and my double taps are more accurate. Thanks~

I've had a couple of them. No issues at all. As they say...pull out the other barrel and put the LW in. It's been that simple for mine.

Just recently got a .357 Sig barrel for my G24. I was a little apprehensive with it being a 6" barrel and the 24 supposedly being a competition gun.

But I shouldn't have worried. It's great. I get a lot of noise and a great flame from it. LOL

Edited by hipower

I have them for my G19 & G17.

They are great for shooting lead bullets. But they have much tighter tolerances than the OEM barrels. Not all factory ammo will seat in them...Golden Saber comes to mind.

So...for reliability's sake...try and match your ammo to the barrel with any aftermarket unit.

I personally would not use them for self defense. Glock OEM barrels are made to work...LW are fine for plinking.

:2cents:

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight guys!

I wasn't aware of the ammo sensitivity issues as my G19 is my IDPA and carry weapon and I use Golden Sabers SD ammo. Naturally I don't want to have to remember to swap out barrels between IDPA and CCW so I'll pass on that upgrade and put a Tungsten guide rod on the G26 instead. The G26 is just for walking 200 yards down to the mail box, quick runs to town and the annual IDPA BUG match.

It maybe psychosomatic but... That extra weight in front and below the barrel seems to me to drastically reduce muzzle flip. As a side advantage, if you ever get into a self defense situation where you need to send 1,000 rounds down range rapidly, you need not worry about melting the factory plastic guide rod :up:

Edited by Dennis1209

Lone Wolf was out of  barrels for my Glock 30 so I got a Storm Lake & it feeds & flings lead fodder fine... Some one told me they were made in E. TN . True or false? 

That seems to be true. I researched the possible replacement and conversion barrels for the Glocks earlier this year, and that is what I found out.

All the threads I read on several different forums seemed to indicate the Lone wolf and Storm Lake to be about the same quality.

As I've said previously, I've had 2 LW units and well pleased with both.

i like the kkm and efk barrels better.  my lw barrels are ammo finicky.  i got one of the 40/9mm conversion barrel and one glock 36.   they do not like my cast lead reloads. both will shoot factory ammo all day long, just not my reloads.  the kkm and efk barrels shoot my reloads all day long.  i called lw and asked them about it they told me their barrels are not made to shoot cast lead reloads or any other reloads.  they told me to shoot factory ammo in them.  they said the barrels are made for factory ammo.  they told me to shoot 200 rounds of hot ammo to break in the barrels.  they said i could send them back and they would open the chamber a little for a price, over $35.00 plus shipping each. i told them to forget it.  i buy after market barrels to shoot reloads in my glocks.  the glock barrel is a good barrel and will do all you want, except it is not made to shoot cast lead.  i have heard that some people do shoot cast lead in glock factory barrels.  but not me.   when i can find a kkm or efk barrel for the glock 36, the lw barrel is going up for sale along with the 40/9mm barrel.    

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread. My LW barrels work great for my lead handloads...but I had to take my time in load development, using a shorter OAL than my OEM barrels required, along with a good taper crimp (9mm). They run smooth a silk with my loads (147 gr Falcon bullets).

iirc & fwiw Storm Lake barrels are made in Lenoir City. One of the reps shoots matches at ORSA from time to time.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread. My LW barrels work great for my lead handloads...but I had to take my time in load development, using a shorter OAL than my OEM barrels required, along with a good taper crimp (9mm). They run smooth a silk with my loads (147 gr Falcon bullets).

iirc & fwiw Storm Lake barrels are made in Lenoir City. One of the reps shoots matches at ORSA from time to time.

I also noticed that I would have to seat bullets deeper to make them work, but it took a factory crimp die to make the rest of it fit. I guess my old(1950's) Lyman dies were to blame.