machine gun rentals in middle tennessee?

I came across a guy at a gun show who gave me his card for machine gun rentals somewhere here in middle tennessee and I have lost the contact info. Iirc this guy was in the area northeast of nashville. Between gallatin and Murfreesboro maybe?

Anyway, a glock 18 is on my bucket list to shoot. Anyone know of anyplace to shoot one in the area?

My backup is trying to get away while I am in Vegas for training in February but I'm not sure how much free time during the day I will have then.

Yeah, there's a lot of neat stuff around in the ranges in middle Tn, but I've never seen a G18 in any of them.

Side note: Maybe I'm wrong, probably am, but were the G18 pistols available for import except thru big FFL dealers?

Most people that rent them out just have post sample sears for them.

Vegas is the place to go..

What types of guns did you see at Nashville armory?

I sold them a transferable MG for top dollar 2 yrs ago, I kept asking why they wanted my gun instead of a pre sample..

At the time mined transferred to them, mine was their first MG and their 2nd MG purchase a pre sample uzi that just went pending.

They had a ruger ac556, ak74 in 556, kriss, ump40, uzi, mac10, i think thats it for MGs. Me and a few buddies went and rented the ak and kriss, so i know they have those.

Johnnyrotten, what did you transfer?

I would think they would want post samples? Edited by nightrunner

They had a ruger ac556, ak74 in 556, kriss, ump40, uzi, mac10, i think thats it for MGs. Me and a few buddies went and rented the ak and kriss, so i know they have those.

Johnnyrotten, what did you transfer?

I would think they would want post samples?

I sold them a Lage out M11 with all kinds of goodies.

most likely the ruger and mac are transferables, the ak and uzi could go either way, the kriss and ump are posties..

I like the concept of the G18 ... back in the day one of our entry lead guys had one ... I always saw it more as a defensive weapon though... those "Man I stepped into a big old pile of sheot... better back out" guns.  2 pulls of the trigger I don't care how quick you are to come off it and you're empty.  They're crazy like 1800+rnds/min.

As far as being practical or fun to shoot - neither.. not trying to knock anything off your bucket list but I'd push a beltfed or something else in front .. something that is going to put a big ole grin on your face.  The 18, even with a 33rd clip is a burp and it's gone ;o)  I can say for me, one who has got to shoot just about anything it was a big let down ... 2 minutes on the range and I was done .. for life.. never had the desire to shoot another and that's been 15 years ago.

As 173rdABN said most rentals are sears ... the G18 even for us who can get one are costly ... $3-$4k where a glock WITH a sear $500-$600 ... so probably going to be a stretch finding one as a shooter.  A glock sear will also work on most any model Glock where the G18 is only 9mm.  I like the sear approach and do make and sell a few to local egencies.   I feel the sear is also easier for the operator to see what position the selector is in ... the G18 design was neat but it's a cumbersome pistol in my opinon to manipulate under any stress. 

• Like 1
I have shot many belt feds from .223 to 40mm in the military. I appreciate the info and you may end up correct. Even if I do hate it, I still want to do it. I would even settle for a sear gun if the opportunity presents itself...
  • Like 1
Somewhat off topic, but I shot the Kriss at Nashville Armory and it has a similar very high rate of fire, 30rs mags are gone in no time.

I also rented the Ak74 they had in full auto. I no longer have any desire whatsoever to shoot or own any kind of AK, even semi only.

Im thinking i would like something with a burst trigger better than full auto but thats just me.

I like the concept of the G18 ... back in the day one of our entry lead guys had one ... I always saw it more as a defensive weapon though... those "Man I stepped into a big old pile of sheot... better back out" guns.  2 pulls of the trigger I don't care how quick you are to come off it and you're empty.  They're crazy like 1800+rnds/min.

I seen a video on an uzi/mac forum, that a guy using a stock M11 using a Mac jack and a 22 conversion, was running somewhere around 2200 ROF, I'm thinking it was a 40rd mag, it ran out of ammo before the first spent casing hit the ground.

Here is the fastest gun I have ever seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xc5GcQLB0I

As far as a FA Glock goes I had a friend who worked with me overseas who had a sear. He bought it for like $200 and had it shipped to a local address. When it came time to go back to the states he would store it in country until he came back. He would stick 33 round magazines in it when walking around or when not on a mission. When on a mission or in a vehicle he would stick a Beta drum in it. He said it was nothing more than something to get people to back away. I never shot it but talked to people who did and said it was impossible to keep on target unless you were standing right next to them.

Range USA in Memphis has (or at least had when I worked there) a G17 converted to FA.

Here is Some Weirdo shooting one a couple years ago. I imagine only the first two or three shots in any run would likely have hit a person-sized object at 10 yards.

Not on YouTube, so don't know any way to imbed it here.

http://routedriver.home.comcast.net/pub/misc/MeAutoGlock.mp4

- OS

Yep shoulder stock a recommended plus and you need a VFG. Only problem is the gun is so violent I don't like my hand being that close to something that is held on by a polymer rail that was intended to hang a weapon light.

In fact go to YouTube there's a guy shooing a FA glock VFG breaks and he puts 3 rnds into his hand.

Apparently this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11fcg543Jow

Makes sense that a VFG on a pistol would be more dangerous in general, you'd tend to press outward against the recoil, so if it lets go, your hand would naturally snap forward. At least holding onto the front of the heater normally with your weak hand you're not pressing forward with it.

- OS