Well, I've gone and done it......

Wyldk2

Bought a new truck, Since my Durango was on the fritz after having 237,000 miles on it. I did not want to take a chance on getting stranded.

I actually bought it saturday before thanksgiving. Had 7 miles on the odo. First ever new vehicle for me, I use to get hand me downs or used vehicles. I'll post pics when i have time to take some. Just been busy past 2 weeks and then some.

Yes, my job is going well.

Congrats, with my daughter driving now, I'll have to get another vehicle soon. Been saving so hopefully I have enough to put down and take advantage of the 0% interest rates Imma wait for. 39yrs and never bought a new vehicle but the next one might be.
Congratulations!

There's just something about the first new vehicle you buy. Having something that hasn't been driven by so me other crazy person, hasn't been cleaned or maintained well. And for me and the wife; hasn't been smoked in.

You will always remember your first...car or truck that is. lol And the other as well.

My first new car was a 1976 Dodge Charger Daytona with a 360. Great car. Till a kid in a Toyota pickup hit the right front bumper and wheel.

It twisted all the sheet metal on the front end, but the worst part was that the force of the impact bent and broke the frame on right and also bent the left side rail.

Yes, he was moving pretty fast. Anyway, totaled the car. I often think of it. I miss it.

Ok. A case of tmi.

So...what'd you get?

Sounds good. If I weren't such a determined, hard-core Chevy person. I'd say that I've actually looked at Fords offerings in the last few years. lol

And even considered buying one. Horrors!!

I was a hare-core Chevy person to, after GM threw the Hummer H1 brand under the bus back in 05 for fuel mileage and ceased civilian production , they lost me for good, oddly I bought my wife a new 2010 Traverse because it was the only 8 person mid size suv that looked better then the Ford flex, GM's truck styling plain just sucks, the Ford groups styling, motors, electronics are light years ahead of them.

I was a hare-core Chevy person to, after GM threw the Hummer H1 brand under the bus back in 05 for fuel mileage and ceased civilian production , they lost me for good, oddly I bought my wife a new 2010 Traverse because it was the only 8 person mid size suv that looked better then the Ford flex, GM's truck styling plain just sucks, the Ford groups styling, motors, electronics are light years ahead of them.

Hmmm. It seems that you have good taste. I bought the 2011 Traverse because of similar reasons. I wanted something that I could easily get 4 adults in and still have adequate leg and foot room for all 4. Also the ease of entry for the rear passengers.

I looked at all the SUV models, and I literally do mean all. From Hundai to Lincolns. Kia to Audi. Even the BMW and Benz models.

Granted the last 2 were a little out of my price range, lol.

But for lots of reasons, I selected the Enclave and the Traverse. Would love to have had the Buick, but for 10/12000 more, I just couldn't see enough value.

Anyway, the Traverse has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Like most I have bought in my life , it has to fulfill a number of purposes; and it has done them well.

I have had only 2 complaints with the vehicle. I thought for the money, and it's intended market, the 2010-2012 Traverse models could have had a little more sound insulation in the cabin.

And the FWD engine is very torquey. Is that a word? Regardless, don't give it a lot of throttle unless you have a strong hold on the wheel. It definitely will pull hard right on you.

But it's been a good vehicle for us, and with less than 29,000 on it; I expect it might just be the last new car I ever buy.

Ford has put all it's eggs in this Ecoboost basket, and I like it.

The Expedition doesn't even come with an optional V8 anymore, the 3.5 Ecoboost is the only available engine.

I am really really keen on the `15 F-150 in all aluminum. I was amazed to see that the 3.5 Ecoboost is rated for more towing capacity than the 5.0 Coyote.

But then again, outside of a rat rod Toyota, we only have Fords in this family, from the `00 Explorer to our daily drivers of a `13 Mustang and `14 Fiesta.

Small engine turbo either gasohol or diesel is the way of the future. Then the batteries will chime in a little harder when they get the lithium ion to go farther than a hundo without needing to be wired up. Personally I love a strong V8, nothing like it. But it is what it is.... That is.

Edited by KorbenDallas

yes, FORD.

I considered a Dodge ram 1500 crew cab, even the new chevy colorado. Test drove a Titan and a Frontier. None had the feel of the f-150.

Also another main point of me buying a ford. After the Govt bail out of both GM and Chrysler/Dodge, I knew #1 on my list would be FORD.

Now to get rid of the 2 GM cars we have left and it'll be only fords here. But fat chance on that. The intrigue is probably going to be my gas saver/sipper for work. And I doubt dad will part with his 1965 GTO anytime soon.

If i could figure out how to upload images i would. But the darn options on this forum are so complicated. What ever hapened to just allowing copy and paste?

Edited by Wyldk2