New... um... "holster" from Raven Concealment.

Guest Verbal Kint

Guest Verbal Kint

I guess it's considered a "holster", but I would call it a retention device... or, more accurately, a bad idea. The cons outweigh the pros IMO. :lol:

Opinions?

----

Original Glock Talk Link: HERE

Youtube Video Link:

[ame]

[/ame]

Neat new holster from Raven Concealment

I was at the local gunshow where Raven had their booth set up making holsters. I had them make an ACR for my Glock 27 (I already have one for my P7) and while I was there I saw a new "holster" that they just made. I forget the name of it but it will be on their web site Nov1. It slips over the trigger guard of any Glock and has a loop of 550 cord on it. You loop the cord around your belt and tuck the pistol in your waist band ala "Mexican carry". When you pull the pistol out it breaks free for the holster and you are GTG. You make the loop just long enough that when you tuck it in your pants it keeps the pistol from sliding down. With a good belt, it is quite comfortable and safe.

RavenGlockThing3.jpg

RavenGlockThing4.jpg

RavenGlockThing5.jpg

RavenGlockThing1.jpg

RavenGlockThing2.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Ok...

Can't wait to see the XD version.

Maybe will look like a kydex clamshell?

That might make a tiny bit of sense to somebody, but I'll stick with my leather and kydex.

Guest Verbal Kint
I don't see myself using one on my G19... but then again, maybe I'm the only one that's a little attached to their.. erm.. "bait and tackle"..

Yeah, I don't like "mexican carry" for the same reason... unsafe. But my main gripes with this system, aside from that, is the problematic draw and lack of static retention.

If you watch the youtube video linked above, the user draws the gun and then has to give it an extra yank/flip for the system to release... i.e. the gun was hung up or snagged, if you will. That alone doesn't present a good alternative for carry, IMO. If I am presented with the need to draw my weapon for defense, I don't want an extra movement involved or the chance that my gun might get hung up.

As for what I called "static retention", I'm referring to the gun basically just dangling there. As someone pointed out on GlockTalk, a lot of altercations begin or end with physical fighting. This method doesn't appear all that secure... with the possibility of your weapon flailing around inside or outside your pants like a boozed up teenager bungee jumping on spring break. :lol:

Like I said... the cons far outweigh the pros in this design, IMO. But to each their own.

Guest Verbal Kint

That might make a tiny bit of sense to somebody, but I'll stick with my leather and kydex.

Yeah, I'll stick with my MTAC as well. Here's a later reply to the GT thread:

I think it will be around 20.00 or so. Don't quote me on that but they did want me to spread the word that they will be offering it on their website Nov 1. This was the brainchild of a firearms instructor, formerly of Tactical Response but as since left for his own deal...cannot remember his name. I have decided that Raven will be the holsters of choice and I have little need to spend money with anyone else. These guys are real gun guns and are unsurpassed in customer care.

Shay VanVlymen?

Yup, he thought this up. The guys at Raven built it.

Guest Bronker
Was it good for you? :lol:

:)

I don't know Verb, it was kinda like a carwreck...I remember screaming, and being thrown about...when I regained conciousness I had been thrown in a ditch and my hair was all messed up.

Guest Verbal Kint
hehe some people wouldnt need to worry. hint hint

Yeah, we already know you have the anatomy of a Ken doll... no need to bring any further attention to yourself. :hyper:

Guest abailey362

I could see a use to keep on a car gun instead of a full holster. be nice to have lying around if you haveto leave your gun somewhere and don't want to take the holster off.

Guest Hyaloid

I am not aiming anything capable of firing a projectile at, or around/over, 1,000+ FPS at my jewels.

Secondly, the attachment to the belt looks too loosy-goosy for my taste... seems like you'd be constantly adjusting it with normal day to day movements.

I applaud the attempt at originality, but it definitely isn't for me.

Guest truthsayer
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Before I forget, Canyn... Shoot me a pm next time you're headed up to Range USA. I'm there a lot, too. It would be nice to put a face to the name.

Guest Astra900

Not for me, I ain't stickin' a loaded gun in my pants pointed at my 5th appendage. If it comes a day my Galco doesn't conceal enough, I'll just stay home.

Guest canynracer
Before I forget, Canyn... Shoot me a pm next time you're headed up to Range USA. I'm there a lot, too. It would be nice to put a face to the name.

You got it man!! I MIGHT actually go tonight to do some shootin after dinner...not 100% sure yet, gotta ask the warden