TICS denial

Would y'all think it a good idea to do ahead and try to purchase my old duty weapon (its at a different FFL) and see if it comes back denied? Like I stated in a previous post they are holding it only till Wednesday before it hits the floor for sale.

The background check is done by the FFL that has the weapon; how does a different FFL have it?
Have you tried to call the TBI to see where the appeal is at? Mine only took a couple of days.

I was denied on a transaction at buds in Sevierville (trading my 27 for a 26) Craig's in knoxville has my old duty weapon. I haven't called TBI, it's been 4 days.

Unless Craig’s is going to send the gun back to Buds I would say they will do a background check. I would guess the TBI would be looking at your denial on their screen; but I don’t know, that's just a WAG.

Unless there is something in your background you need to clear up; I would guess the appeal will go through tomorrow. I would try to call the TBI if you want the gun by Wednesday.
I believe I'll try calling TBI. Just to clear up confusion. I was denied trying to trade on a gun that is not my old duty weapon. Craig's does not have the gun I was denied buying. Two different guns. :) As far as anything on me that may have "popped" up, does a speeding ticket count LOL!, seriously that is all I've had on any type of criminal record. Edited by Andyshowfan

I believe I'll try calling TBI. Just to clear up confusion. I was denied trying to trade on a gun that is not my old duty weapon. Craig's does not have the gun I was denied buying. Two different guns. :) As far as anything on me that may have "popped" up, does a speeding ticket count LOL!, seriously that is all I've had on any type of criminal record.

Then it probably an identity issue. If you can get someone on the phone they may be able to tell you. Good luck.
You will be doing another background check on the other gun, so you might tell them that when you call.

As far as anything on me that may have "popped" up, does a speeding ticket count LOL!, seriously that is all I've had on any type of criminal record.

Speeding ticket can do it if they didn't do your paperwork right. Like if you paid it, but it still shows it is unpaid and a CAPIAS warrant is issued. 

You might want to look in to that if all you have on your record are traffic violations. 

Edited by JohnC

I didn't know that. I should have, but didn't.

OS is a fountain of knowledge. 

I have met him a few times.  One of these days I am going to ask him what kind of work he does/did.  Probably overqualified for it.

This spring when I finally get some extra money I am a going to ask his opinion on building my first AR.  I know the basics of what I want to end up with but that is it.

• Like 1

OS is a fountain of knowledge. 

I have met him a few times.  One of these days I am going to ask him what kind of work he does/did.  Probably overqualified for it.

This spring when I finally get some extra money I am a going to ask his opinion on building my first AR.  I know the basics of what I want to end up with but that is it.

You are absolutely right about him. I was actually about to pm him on something, but at this time he seems to be offline.

....  One of these days I am going to ask him what kind of work he does/did.  Probably overqualified for it.

Bro, it's a novelette. 45 year work history was combo of brawn and brain,  adequate to good with all of it, sadly never found my true calling, whatever it was.

- OS

AFAIK, NICS is open every day but xmas day, and TICS has to keep same days/hours.

- OS

Oh Shoot, You ought to know that no government agency is going to observe only one holiday. Actually TICS is closed on July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas. Still three days is pretty good for a government agency.

• Like 1

Oh Shoot, You ought to know that no government agency is going to observe only one holiday. Actually TICS is closed on July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas. Still three days is pretty good for a government agency.

Thanks for clarification. I was going on the only hours of operation statement I ever found regarding NICS from 2009, assumed it stayed the same, and didn't know TICS was allowed to deviate. Or maybe NICS has changed also?

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/11/fbi-announces-nics-background-check-holiday-schedules/

Only shows shorter hours for Thanksgiving Day, only day closed is Christmas, and even extended hours on Black Friday.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

- OS

, sadly never found my true calling, whatever it was.

I feel I am in that same boat.  interested in so many things, but a master of known.

BTW this spring when I have the funds, (around April, I would value your experience and knowledge on my first AR Build..

I have the basic ideas of what I want.

You're calling was being a lawyer.

Toyed with that, actually took and did quite well on LSAT once upon a time about 8 or 9 years after college, but didn't get into UT the year I needed to go if I was gonna do it, due to low GPA in undergrad and more folks than usual that were accepted at more lofty places staying in state due to economic turndown. Maybe I'd have liked it if could have found right niche, dunno. Didn't really have a burning desire to do it, probably could have gotten in somewhere else out of town. Wasn't in position to try the next year.

I pretty much treated college as just an inconvenience the last 3 years, even dropped out for a year, worked and partied and coasted on a first year 3.9 for a mighty final 2.6. :) Easy to do in liberal arts, didn't have to even show up in half the classes all that often. GPA bit me that one time, though.

Several of my better friends were lawyers back when.  Really.

/thus endeth the Shyster Saga ;)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot