Remington 870 Express at Dick's

Oh Shoot

Well, I really went there to get (with rebates) 9 boxes of 00 buck for $1.99 each (which they had already sold out of, but I got a raincheck for that deal), one thing lead to another, and just couldn't resist grabbing:

Remington Express 870 12 gauge

- 28" ventilated rib barrel with Rem-Choke (modified choke installed), 3" chambered, 4+1 capacity, wood stock ("laminated", whatever, looks nice enough), rubber butt pad, choke wrench, plug, fancy trigger lock

269.98 + 24.97 tax + 10 TICS = 304.95

Less $60 (10 instant coupon from ad, 30 rebate from Remington, 20 more in Dick's rebate to be mailed). Seemed the store coupon should have been

So final out of pocket will be $244.95. Plus will generate yet $10 more in Dick's "points" discounts on the card.

Seemed to me the "instant coupon" should have been 20, too, but they'd only gimme 10 since they counted the final price as after rebate on that one; whatever, I didn't debate it.

Maybe not the greatest deal in the world, but not bad, seems. I'm just stashing it NIB, might be good to have additional Civil Unrest shottie down the road, or maybe firearms double in price, might sell it sometime, whatever.

I meant to handle the cheapie HR/NEF shottie, but forgot...

anyone interested, deals/coupons as always at:

http://dickssportinggoods.shoplocal.com

- OS

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good deal.What amazes me though is the price of them has stayed about the same throughout the years.When they first came out back in 87,88 or so they were around $200.

Well, heck, in actual buying power $240 now is prolly cheaper than $200 then.

- OS

you cant beat an 870. I have the more tactical version and love it!

I know its not an 870 but if you are looking for a good price on a shotgun and you are in the Chattanooga area GT distributors had/has a bunch of mossberg 500's police version with holders built into the stock on both sides and holds 6/7 i think for under 200 with tax's i think a buddy paid about $170 out the door! the guns were from the dalton, GA pd they changed over to ar's

I_like_pie bought one from GT's it took a bit of cleaning but is a nice gun for the $$

you cant beat an 870. I have the more tactical version and love it! ...

Yeah, I should have mentioned, I already had a more defense oriented 870:

870-zombie.jpg

I'm trying to get back into at least the semi-boonies to live before long, and just couldn't resist getting another one at that price; also, with longer barrel, choke options - I might get back into some hunting again, birds and whatnot.

Could have just gotten another barrel for the one above, but no telling how things could disintegrate in the next few years; opted for adding to total armory. Like ammo, thinking that everything is gonna get significantly more expensive before long. Wish I could spare two or three quick grand to throw into shotshells, 9mm, .38.

- OS

OS, I have that same exact shotgun without the accesories. I think I am selling it or trading it this weekend though both will be kind of a loss though. I have a $275 cash offer or trade for a like new Chinese SKS with 6 boxes of ammo. We just have no where in the Chattanooga area to shoot shotguns.:hat: Carter's allows them but you have to be 21 to use his range thats BS IMO he lost out on a customer when I went in there. Sounds like a heck of a deal on the new Express though you can't beat that deal.

OS, I have that same exact shotgun without the accesories. I think I am selling it or trading it this weekend though both will be kind of a loss though. ...

You mean the 870 synthetic in the picture, right?

If so, I'd advise you to keep it, whether you have a place to shoot it right now or not.

There's no better and versatile all around defensive weapon that a 5+ round pump shottie; and depending on what happens in the next few years, prices might go way up on them. Who knows? But it's a weapon that will never be outdated.

- OS

OS, I was talking about the 870HD. I bought it to add a few accessories like you have to yours since I don't make enough to own a AR and I figured I could have a tactical shotgun/range toy but no range= no fun. I have only had the shotgun for around a month I cleaned it and lightly oiled it and shot it once at my dad's which I can't shoot more than once there if ya know what I mean. I really wish I knew someone with private land to go shoot the gun but I know of no where, so all these hiccups in getting to actually enjoy the gun have caused me to lose interest. But since I think you know alot more than me and I respect your opinion I will highly consider keeping it.If I had somewhere to shoot the shotgun I could almost bet I would keep it. But since I'm kinda stealing your thread I'll quit yapping now and sorry about drifting off topic.

I think mont lake is still open it is up 27 past soddy i think. last i heard it was still open. correct me if i am wrong! Anyway mont lake if you have never heard of it is/was a range for skeet/trap.

I shoot skeet/trap at the Chattanooga rifle club. there is not a range at the club designated just for this purpose but to the side of the 200 yard high power an area is marked off to do so. (thats if nobody is shooting 200+ yards) its better than nothing.

...If I had somewhere to shoot the shotgun I could almost bet I would keep it. But since I'm kinda stealing your thread I'll quit yapping now and sorry about drifting off topic.

Oh, "my thread" is free, have at it. And I don't necessarily know that much of anything more than you, I'm just opinionated and have time to express it. :hat:

Can you not shoot shottie at the Prentice Cooper TWRA place down there?

We have a unsupervised range north of town in Norris, sounds very similar to the PC place y'all talk about down there; can set stuff up and let er rip with 00/slugs there...

Tell ya the truth, I've only shot the HD 870 three occasions so far, it's fun to blow stuff up with it, but the real fun is 00 and slug, and at a buck a shot I'm not going to spend beau coup time with it! Maybe 4 times a year or so, looks like. I shoot mostly 9mm and .22 for quantity firing fun, my .357 and .38 run into real bux pretty quick too.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

No shotguns at PC bubba kept shooting the target stands down so now no shotguns.:hat: I hate when people do stupid stuff at a free range provided by the state and ruin it for everyone. Yeah just the target load through my 870HD was like oh yeah a 12 gauge! I hadn't fired one for about half a year.

Almond,join Cleveland.It is twice the club CRC is at half the price.

Cool...do they have a plinking (bring anything range)?

Haven't been, but if it is nicer than the gated, 5 range, $125 per year setup at CRC then I might consider being a member of both. No being a GI joe competition type I never really thought about the Cleveland range being worth the extra drive. But if they have a 1000 yard range (CRC is only 500 yards) or seperate hunting area I would love to try it out.

just couldn't resist grabbing:

Remington Express 870 12 gauge

- 28" ventilated rib barrel with Rem-Choke (modified choke installed), 3" chambered, 4+1 capacity, wood stock ("laminated", whatever, looks nice enough), rubber butt pad, choke wrench, plug, fancy trigger lock

269.98 + 24.97 tax + 10 TICS = 304.95

- OS

I did the same deal myself plus some other chokes.