Dollywood

none

If you like theme parks, go to Disney World (no one is more detailed in design).  If like amusement parks, go to Dollywood.  If you like the county fair but don't want to wait until fall, go to Lake Winnepesaukah.  I tell people that Lake Winnie is like the fair with the wheels removed, and without the weekly inspection that comes with assembling a ride in a new location each week.  The roller coaster has seat belts that look like they came from a 70 or 80's GM car.  My son loves it (he was 7 the last time we went).

• Like 1

Enjoyed Dollywood though a little pricey. Gotta second the recommendation above for Holiday World though. Food reasonable and the free drinks really cut down the stress if you're holding the purse strings and watching the budget.

• Like 1

Also, right across the line into Georgia is an old fashioned amusement park called Lake Winnepesaukah. It's not a huge place, but it's like you stepped back in time. We really enjoy it.

If you like the county fair but don't want to wait until fall, go to Lake Winnepesaukah. I tell people that Lake Winnie is like the fair with the wheels removed, and without the weekly inspection that comes with assembling a ride in a new location each week. The roller coaster has seat belts that look like they came from a 70 or 80's GM car. My son loves it (he was 7 the last time we went).

The last couple of times I went to Lake Winnie was during the Halloween special, and it was the best $20 I ever spent.

The last couple of times I went to Lake Winnie was during the Halloween special, and it was the best $20 I ever spent.

Halloween Special? That sounds like fun. My really enjoys that kind of thing. Thanks
I try to make at least one visit a year to Lake Winniepasauka. You just can't beat the value and the short lines. There is no need to sneak in food because picnic baskets are welcome, or you can leave and return. If you want to eat there the food is good and cheap. I recommend a fried turkey and fries.

My first and last ride on every trip is the Philadelphia Toboggan Company Carousel, # 39. Manufactured in 1916, #39 is what they called a four abreast jumper. It is really a beautiful and rare piece with 68 hand painted steeds and the original working 1900's German Ruth Band Organ. Edited by Duck

I try to make at least one visit a year to Lake Winniepasauka. You just can't beat the value and the short lines. There is no need to sneak in food because picnic baskets are welcome, or you can leave and return. If you want to eat there the food is good and cheap. I recommend a fried turkey and fries.

My first and last ride on every trip is the Philadelphia Toboggan Company Carousel, # 39. Manufactured in 1916, #39 is what they called a four abreast jumper. It is really a beautiful and rare piece with 68 hand painted steeds and the original working 1900's German Ruth Band Organ.

It is a beautiful piece. Edited by Patton
Lake Winnie is the best bargain especially in the Summer when the water park is open .You can splash around all day and when it closes at 6 change clothes or just dry out and enjoy the rides until the park closes at 11
My kids love Dollywood. Best time is in the middle of the week. Another bang for the buck is Beach Bend in Bowling Green KY.

I took them to Disney on the cheap for a week using military discounts and still spent 4K. My daughter asked me what was my favorite ride. I told her the ride home. Edited by R1100R