Can't do it

I don't know a lot about it, but my wife doesn't seem happy with the arrangement.

i have only been here since November and the way it was before was that each department had their own IT and so they would only interact with those people but now the person is always random

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had to work in environments where the smells alone would give you recurring nightmares, I understand your concerns.

Using the vicks as Troutburger suggested has worked well for me in the past.

If that's not convenient, just breathe through your mouth... sometimes cramming some tissue paper up your nose will help if it gets really bad.

Ultimately though you just have to cowboy up and get through it.

It's not fun to hear, but the best way to get past a truly disgusting situation is usually to just embrace the suck and push through.

i have only been here since November and the way it was before was that each department had their own IT and so they would only interact with those people but now the person is always random

Yeah.....that's how she liked it.

do you work at vandy?

Yes, and I'm typically in ORs 31-34 when I'm at VUMC but can end up pretty much anywhere in a pinch. Those are our thoracic ORs so it's mostly open heart surgeries, VAD implants, and heart and lung transplants. I'm typically in whenever we have a transplant on the board.

My actual office is over in Oxford House.

Edited by 2.ooohhh

I've had to work in environments where the smells alone would give you recurring nightmares, I understand your concerns.
Using the vicks as Troutburger suggested has worked well for me in the past.
If that's not convenient, just breathe through your mouth... sometimes cramming some tissue paper up your nose will help if it gets really bad.
Ultimately though you just have to cowboy up and get through it.
It's not fun to hear, but the best way to get past a truly disgusting situation is usually to just embrace the suck and push through.

Your last sentence pretty much somes up this photo up..LOL

funny-guy-inside-elephants-butt_zpsgfezn
  • Like 2

Yes, and I'm typically in ORs 31-34 when I'm at VUMC but can end up pretty much anywhere in a pinch. Those are our thoracic ORs so it's mostly open heart surgeries, VAD implants, and heart and lung transplants. I'm typically in whenever we have a transplant on the board.

Might be a long shot, but did you know Dr. Robert Lee? He was a cardio-thoracic surgeon. Now practicing in Kentucky I believe.

i think our team over at vch supports y'all

You're going to have to go there sooner or later, or decide to get another job. Just suck it up and go next time. It'll get easier every time. You don't have to look at the gory stuff. You'll probably be surprised and discover that it's mostly stupid people in the ER with symptoms that should have been brought to a doctors office, like a cold, or some tweaker looking for some Oxy for his "hurting back".

Be the guy that will do anything that needs to be done and you'll find that you will become the go-to guy, and you'll start getting promoted or at least make a name for yourself. If you are the guy that always tries to get out of tasks, you'll never go anywhere. My last job was as an IT manager where I hired, fired and promoted staff. I knew who the hard workers were and always gave them bigger raises, and put them on tasks that were high profile (and cooler) because I knew I could count on them.

• Like 1

You're going to have to go there sooner or later, or decide to get another job. Just suck it up and go next time. It'll get easier every time. You don't have to look at the gory stuff. You'll probably be surprised and discover that it's mostly stupid people in the ER with symptoms that should have been brought to a doctors office, like a cold, or some tweaker looking for some Oxy for his "hurting back".

Be the guy that will do anything that needs to be done and you'll find that you will become the go-to guy, and you'll start getting promoted or at least make a name for yourself. If you are the guy that always tries to get out of tasks, you'll never go anywhere. My last job was as an IT manager where I hired, fired and promoted staff. I knew who the hard workers were and always gave them bigger raises, and put them on tasks that were high profile (and cooler) because I knew I could count on them.

i have already volunteered to rename, retag and reinventory 300+ machines by myself with no help on top of the support tickets I get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by luke9511